Why does Wizard's Vault tooltip change precisely when I need the information most?

Why is it that, when I'm near to maxxed on my Astral Aclaim, have a Daily or Weekly chest to claim, and need to spend AA to be able to collect the chest, that is the PRECISE time at which the tooltip for the chest stops telling me how much AA the chest rewards?

"Go spend some AA, or we won't let you have your chest. No, we're not going to help you work out how much. You'll just have to remember, or guess."

(Does anyone else find it as annoying as me, or am I alone?)

Edited by Doghouse.1562
  • Like 7
  • Confused 6

1270 for Daily

850 for Weekly

Two simple figures to remember. Be below or you can't claim the chest on the top bar.

That being said - there's just so many unintuitive things about the Wizard's Vault UI - I wish they would hire a UX designer to check on the various feedback given by the community.

Edited by Dondarrion.2748
attempt to empathise with OP ;)
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

Are those flipped? Or does it really award more for the daily than the weekly?

No those are right. You need 1270 AA to be able to gain 30 AA for the daily chests and you need 850 AA to be able to gain 450 AA for the weekly. That's where the confusion concerning the numbers comes from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

No those are right. You need 1270 AA to be able to gain 30 AA for the daily chests and you need 850 AA to be able to gain 450 AA for the weekly. That's where the confusion concerning the numbers comes from.

Ok… that makes more sense… I haven’t had much time to play since SotO so I haven’t been paying much attention to the wizards vault stuff.

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Are those flipped? Or does it really award more for the daily than the weekly?

The Daily chest at the top bar awards 30, so you can max have 1270/1300 to claim it.

Similarly, the Weekly chest awards 450, so you can only have 850/1300 to claim it.

And I see Gorani beat me to the explanation; cheers for that!

Edited by Dondarrion.2748
  • Like 1

I've found it confusing that the tooltip changes and doesn't tell you what's in the chest after you've earned it, either the AA or the other items included. I'd like to have that info included all the time, as it's the obvious place to check and easier than memorising it. I keep wanting to check it, not just when I need to spend some AA before I'm allowed to claim it but also for planning ahead for future days.

• Like 3

I've developed the habit to check the tasks whenever I start play for the day and estimate how many aa I'm going to earn that day. I then immediately spend enough to make room for that. Very easy since I've been buying 30aa gold bags for a while now. It's a good way to actually become aware of how much more liquid gold I'm getting from this system.