Recommended adjustments for Bladesworn and Condition Berserker

Lonecap.4105

Bladesworn

• Increased Combat Stimulant cooldown per-charge to 30 seconds.
  • Increased Tactical Reload cooldown to 45 seconds.
  • Removed Aegis from Cyclone Trigger.
  • Reverted Unshakeable Mountain back to 801 barrier down from 1003.
  • Gunstinger now requires landing a hit in order to recharge Dragon's Roar stacks, but now fully reloads Dragon's Roar.

Berserker

• Removed Stability from Shattering Blow.
  • Reduced Savage Instinct damage immunity to 1 and a half seconds.
  • Reduced Dead or Alive duration to 2 and a half seconds.

Additional spicy changes

• Change Akeem to add 4 additional stacks of confuse or torment when CC'ing a foe with 4 or more of those conditions, rather than doubling the value.
  • Remove Rabid Amulet (controversial take).
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Berserker

• Reduced Savage Instinct damage immunity to 1 and a half seconds

Nah,

• Reduced Dead or Alive duration to 2 and a half seconds.

Fine.

Alternatively make the activation time for skullgrinder 3/4 second instead of 1/2 second. 1/2 second under quickness is 250ms, which is -exactly- the average human reaction time, no lag or anything accounted for. it's also faster than the other bursts. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Nah,

Fine.

Alternatively make the activation time for skullgrinder 3/4 second instead of 1/2 second. 1/2 second under quickness is 250ms, which is -exactly- the average human reaction time, no lag or anything accounted for. it's also faster than the other bursts. 

I don’t want the savage instinct nerf. But I know it’s coming. It was largely inferred to me in a stream by someone on the team at arenanet, that they believe savage instinct is too long in duration when combined with eternal champion (I protested. I told him its only a problem on condi berserker due to rabid amulet, you can’t effectively punish czerk outside of those immunity windows because it has such inflated armor values - it’s not an issue on power berserker).

The one and a half second adjustment I recommended? That’s the best we can hope for. Because we’re gonna be lucky if they don’t get heavy handed and reduce it to a single second.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

I don’t want the savage instinct nerf. But I know it’s coming. It was largely inferred to me in a stream by someone on the team at arenanet, that they believe savage instinct is too long in duration when combined with eternal champion (I protested. I told him its only a problem on condi berserker due to rabid amulet, you can’t effectively punish czerk outside of those immunity windows because it has such inflated armor values - it’s not an issue on power berserker).

The one and a half second adjustment I recommended? That’s the best we can hope for. Because we’re gonna be lucky if they don’t get heavy handed and reduce it to a single second.

*distant grumbling*

Actually a load of barnacles. One more weird double nerfing for being adjacent to a problem. 

I wont say it's not a reasonable opinion, but I don't like it. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

With Bladesworn it isn't just the sustain, it's also how they buffed all of those skills so everything it does is a ranged attack that hits like a Ranger Maul. I don't know who's idea that was, but it doesn't need a bunch of ranged attacks that hit like a Ranger Maul.

Sustain aside, this is probably the bigger reason why it can hold a node so well in a 1v1, because it can out damage ranged specs who normally should be able to pressure a target who is holding to either (A) Start kiting off node and behind LOS which presents opportunity for decap or (B) Start chasing to apply pressure which also presents opportunity for decap. The Bladesworn doesn't need to leave the node at all because it has too many reflects and can hurl a ranged Ranger Maul at you every 3 or 4 seconds.

There is no way to engage the Bladesworn in a meaningful way because ranged specs are at complete disadvantage vs. it, and melee specs are at complete disadvantage getting on a node vs. it. At this point Bladesworn can't be killed 1v1 by any class unless someone is greatly out-skilling the Bladesworn. The only thing you can do against it is to wait for a + to 2v1 it, or some builds can be tanky enough to sit on a node with it to prevent a decap or cap, but you can't actually kill the Bladesworn.

With Condiserk, although it can be a powerful spec to play, it is not an easy spec to play. Some people may be pretty good at playing it defensively but lack the ability to land the burst right, and some people may make its offense look pretty strong but lack the ability to put the extent of its defense to use. It is very rare to find players that both play its defense to optimal levels and know the right times & sequences to make its burst work for it. I'd say there are only 3 people in NA who even play this build correctly that make it look good. So careful suggesting nerfs to Condiserk.

In fact, it's arguable if Condiserk itself even needs nerfing, but rather Akeem Relic needs nerfing, now as well as Leadership Relic "which is bugged and cleansing way too many condis" which synergizes too well with the CD of Sig Of Rage.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

@Trevor Boyer.6524 i never seen a Bladesworn doing maul like dmg on range outside off its gunsaber 3 skills witch doing this dmg on full load and with 25 stacks of might. Also to be honest condi zerker and bsw both might need to see nerfs (and i don't gonna denie that) but they better not gonna be too hard nerfed since warr only is good in self defence ^^

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

yah, 1s is plenty

Here's my issue: 2s on entry/exit isn't egregious on power berserker. It's egregious on condi berserker because it also has the luxury of 900 toughness (900 toughness is the equivalent of having permanent protection uptime). You can nuke power berserker -very- easily outside of those invul windows - which proves savage instinct isn't the problem.

The problem is rabid amulet. But I digress.

Before i give some nerf ideas, consider this:

Bladesworn problems doesnt comes from its damage and unblockable DT.

Berserker seems harder to nerf since they don't even use a single condi trait.

You need to be careful on nerfing both without killing other warrior builds (again).

If they hard nerf Defense without a single compensation, warrior is dead.

So here are my nerfing ideas:

Dead or Alive: Should ONLY be affected by POWER damage.

Aegis: being able to spam aegis on warrior was a terrible idea, nerf it, gunsaber 4 could be a dodge frame instead, so its more of a reaction skill rather than just an aegis that stays there for some seconds waiting to be removed, which is unhealthy with this amount of aegis.

Unshakable Mountain: Reduce its barrier generation.

River's Flow: Rework this like you did with that one berserker similar trait, bladesworn doesn't needs more self heal.

Pistol 4: Remove the aegis and give some small daze instead, that works like dagger 3, so you're able to land pistol 5 with a synergy that makes sense than just being an aegis spammer bot.

If nothing of above works: Make bladesworn's healing skill a single charge skill, fix the bug with DT3 and longbow's F1 working with Cleansing Ire without hitting targets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Never thought Id bring myself to play blade simply on princible, but I did. Its actually the most fun of all 3 specs, where the abilitys used at the right time make it very engaging and rewarding for effort, but its sustain is way over the top for that effort. Zerker is so brainded I simply get bored after 2 games.. yet the dmg it does with essentailly 3 buttons is absolutely disgusting. SPB is not that hard, can't really justify its stun uptime/easy full counter mechaincs, but what is it withought obnoxious stuns? 

Feel sorry for warrior mains, all 3 specs are obnoxious in there own way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

53 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Never thought Id bring myself to play blade simply on princible, but I did. Its actually the most fun of all 3 specs, where the abilitys used at the right time make it very engaging and rewarding for effort, but its sustain is way over the top for that effort. Zerker is so brainded I simply get bored after 2 games.. yet the dmg it does with essentailly 3 buttons is absolutely disgusting. SPB is not that hard, can't really justify its stun uptime/easy full counter mechaincs, but what is it withought obnoxious stuns? 

Feel sorry for warrior mains, all 3 specs are obnoxious in there own way.

Guess my core war is safe

Lemme just fix this for you guys.....

Berserker:

• Blood reckoning  ->   now only heals for a percentage of STRIKEdamage dealt, instead of all damage dealt.   (hits Condizerker, but doenst affect powerbuilds at all)
  • Skullgrinder now apply 4 stacks of confusion, instead of 5.  (prevents akeem relic from proccing on every single skullgrinder)

Bladesworn:

• completly deleted Bladesworn and fired the developer responsible for this enormous fart. (its about time)
Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Never thought Id bring myself to play blade simply on princible,

You were the CHOSEN one! 

It was said that you'd DESTROY the bladesworns, not join them!

but I did. Its actually the most fun of all 3 specs, where the abilitys used at the right time make it very engaging and rewarding for effort,

Man actually speedran giving in to the dark side

Zerker is so brainded I simply get bored after 2 games.

Play power zerker.

• Haha 1