ArenaNet Devs, Mods, whatever they are called, playing on servers while the other 2 teams are getting stomped

xDumplinx.7983

Title pretty much says it all, apart from, why does ArenaNet love Maguuma so much? Last night we were getting stomped by Magumma and lo and behold there is an ANet tag amongst them all. I know the devs also play the game etc etc, but what message do you think this is sending to the other 2 teams?

It is about time the devs started playing on the losing team so they know how unbalanced and broken the whole cloud/boon ball system is when you are on the receiving end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

Title pretty much says it all, apart from, why does ArenaNet love Maguuma so much? Last night we were getting stomped by Magumma and lo and behold there is an ANet tag amongst them all. I know the devs also play the game etc etc, but what message do you think this is sending to the other 2 teams?

It is about time the devs started playing on the losing team so they know how unbalanced and broken the whole cloud/boon ball system is when you are on the receiving end.

I think someone must have reported someone on Maguuma. My personal experience, whenever I reported a hacking incident, Anet's Dev will appears on that server.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Day 1045.

Boonball still op. More research needed. 

Day 1046.

One player died in our Boonball. This is the first time in 790 days. Boonball seems to get weaker. Buff probably needed. 

They're on the wrong server if they want to run around in a boonball. Mag is the cloud server, and usually doesn't even have a commander. 

• Thanks 1

The Anet tag can be displayed by anyone working at Anet or their families if they also play.  While you only see Anet tags on blobbing servers while they are actively blobbing, it doesn't mean they aren't on your server too.  That tag is a giant "kill me" sign.  Not surprising that they would rarely display it if on a server constantly outnumbered.  Much safer to turn it on when surrounded by a map que.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2023 at 3:28 PM, MedievalThings.5417 said:

The Anet tag can be displayed by anyone working at Anet or their families if they also play.  While you only see Anet tags on blobbing servers while they are actively blobbing, it doesn't mean they aren't on your server too.  That tag is a giant "kill me" sign.  Not surprising that they would rarely display it if on a server constantly outnumbered.  Much safer to turn it on when surrounded by a map que.

I'd have more faith in the balance direction if I ever saw an anet tag roaming or on outnumbered situation and winning.  

Hiding in the middle of a blob but displaying the tag / claiming objectives is just trolly; and only seeming to do it when on giant servers like Mag or BG.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/15/2023 at 10:39 PM, xDumplinx.7983 said:

Are you serious? having a dev on your side provides you nothing. They are just a giant target and rally bots. By the way whoever is on the loosing side complains things are broken, including Mag. Anet barely has enough resources to even say WvW and you thing they are going to totally revamp balance so there is no boonball or no cloud play. What you see in WvW is what we have and its an exercise in futility to think it's going to change in any substantial way. FASTFACT.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/16/2023 at 12:39 AM, xDumplinx.7983 said:

lol.

So I have seen ANet tag up. What happens? They become targets for the other side and might get players on their side trying to be keyboard cowboys. Grow up. If you want change stop trying to be internet toughs and make posts here versus discourage their Employees from showing they are not only employees but also play the game they produce and love. Make better points on needed changed and less agro on them playing.

On a side note, I try and stay neutral, but I don't hide who I am and where I live. So for those that try and just create BS, will see you in the mists. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1