New Patch is .....

Myror.7521

I could see anet nerfing our cc skill damage even further  in wvw for just kittens and giggles. Has 3 damage specializations.Master of Rubber weapons. Idk with warrior being a primary Melee class wouldn't it make sense for us to at least do damage with all of our cc skills coupled with the regular kitten we get tossed I mean we all know the "power budget" seems off at times. And kinda wonder when stuff gets removed where is the power budget being shifted to. Or are we just sharing our power to other classes?🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

There still are people left that play the yellow pool noodle as their mains, so they are clearly not done nerfing all of us out of the game.

Well, I stopped playing Warrior. 

Ranger is just so much better in any way. 

I actually have fun playing the game if you can believe it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Game is fine ... Anet misses the fun in all of this patch changes ... they are too brutal in my opinion ... But the best way to enjoy this game is to totally ignore their way of working at the forum from home.Usually when they say something you put your hands on the head and scream at the screen ...

5 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I might have started playing ranger more, if they finally gave us the option to disable Soulbeast's fart cloud when merged AND being able to use hammer on Soulbeast wasn't tied to SotO.

Edited by Fueki.4753

50 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Ranger is like the one profession....even spellbreakers do well against. Played warrior for 1k hrs, 6k in ranger and the latter is the class I have the most confidence going against....to suggest ranger is that much better than warrior in any shape or form..crazy

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Arheundel.6451 said:

Ranger is like the one profession....even spellbreakers do well against. Played warrior for 1k hrs, 6k in ranger and the latter is the class I have the most confidence going against....to suggest ranger is that much better than warrior in any shape or form..crazy

Alac heal Druid is so easy and effective. 

Power Soulbeast main mechanic is pressing one button before the fight. 

Awesome Openworld builds. 

So many good weapons. 

If I could tell myself on release to main Ranger, I would. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

to suggest ranger is that much better than warrior in any shape or form..crazy

Note you couldn't equate the two even in your statement.

Ranger's better. They have the flexibility to build in many different ways, weapons and utilities that work both at range and up close, and a reasonably sized pool of mitigative options from instant cast projectile hate to stealth fields.

Warrior has multiple variants of "if you get hit by this clunky weapon that has poor tracking, maybe you take damage if the warrior isnt blinded or weakened."

It takes more effort to believe that discrepancy isnt large than it does to just be objective about what each of the classes has to work with. We don't need to try to do mental backflips about this, it is what it is. We all have eyes, presumably.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Alac heal Druid is so easy and effective. 

Power Soulbeast main mechanic is pressing one button before the fight. 

Awesome Openworld builds. 

So many good weapons. 

If I could tell myself on release to main Ranger, I would. 

I almost went with Ranger in the beginning. Even then they clearly had better laid out weapon bars. But the inability to perma stow my pet turned me off from it.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I almost went with Ranger in the beginning. Even then they clearly had better laid out weapon bars. But the inability to perma stow my pet turned me off from it.

My first character was a Ranger. Got recruited in a WvW guild, joined Wvw on Ranger and got told to reroll immediately to either Warrior, Guard or Necro.

Man... Warrior was so much fun back then. 

• Like 1

My first  character was a guardian I didn't care for it much once I got it to 80. The moment I made my warrior though things just clicked. I discovered soldiers stats and trooper runes and became a tank that could pressure my foes in world versus world. I dawned my mace and shield with a hammer and felt power behind each swing of my weapons even my shield as it would reflect projectiles and hurt those who did not realize what had occured. Granted at the time power was  different then it is now. Hitting a mace f1 burst I could hit for close to 3,000 to,4,000 damage of I got a crit. Most of the time it was 2300 though. I miss the days that warrior actually felt useful and not left to suffer for some reason.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Here's a take that might help you in the future: 

Just because some classes loses to another class, doesn't means that their class is in a better state.

There's a reason why players like Boyce dropped warrior for ranger.

Edited by Zekent.3652
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Ranger's better. They have the flexibility to build in many different ways, weapons and utilities that work both at range and up close, and a reasonably sized pool of mitigative options from instant cast projectile hate to stealth fields.

🤣

Shield Master - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Let's not act like one smoke field from one pet on ranger (that you have to find and use or waste swap to get it near you) or presumably projectile hate bubble on Untamed is anymore degen than above trait + bladesworn.

Average ranger is LB/GS and would get wrecked by any competent warrior.  

• Confused 1

Isn't ranger able to get like 20 stacks of stability at one time coupled with protection Regen, fury might swiftness? Access to invisibility just by being a soulbeast with dolyak stance and rampage as one ? 🤔

6 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

🤣

Shield Master - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Let's not act like one smoke field from one pet on ranger (that you have to find and use or waste swap to get it near you) or presumably projectile hate bubble on Untamed is anymore degen than above trait + bladesworn.

Average ranger is LB/GS and would get wrecked by any competent warrior.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Isn't ranger able to get like 20 stacks of stability at one time coupled with protection Regen, fury might swiftness? Access to invisibility just by being a soulbeast with dolyak stance and rampage as one ? 🤔

He knows.  He has to specify "bladesworn + shield master counters ranger", like the other flavors of warrior and ranger don't matter or are unimportant.

Just like Areheundel, he can't make that assertion fully. He has to tailor the framing so it excludes the spellbreakers/core/zerker variants that are less flexible and less effective vs any number of the builds you can run on ranger. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

He knows.  He has to specify "bladesworn + shield master counters ranger", like the other flavors of warrior and ranger don't matter or are unimportant.

Just like Areheundel, he can't make that assertion fully. He has to tailor the framing so it excludes the spellbreakers/core/zerker variants that are less flexible and less effective vs any number of the builds you can run on ranger. 

Come to think of it though did shield master ever get its cooldown 20% reduction it use to have baked into the shield skills themselves?🤔 I thought at one time shield stance could be used every 25 or 26 seconds instead of 30