If your opponent has invis classes and you don't you lose the game

Deadmoose.6594

1 minute ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

high gold 2 would be close to plat last season had I not experimented with other classes

High gold and u think having a class with stealth on other team is a insta loss? Well that's not really a statement to the balance of stealth but more of a statement to the health of gw2 pvp population and its quality of players, rather unfortunate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

High gold and u think having a class with stealth on other team is a insta loss? Well that's not really a statement to the balance of stealth but more of a statement to the health of gw2 pvp population and its quality of players, rather unfortunate.

speaking mainly of arena, the current season.

Stealth as a mechanic isn't broken
The broken part is how some classes are able to just spam it, thief can literally *stealth, backstab,stealth* you 24/7, and unless you play holo there is nothing you can do

You either predict and dodge/block or you just need to accept you are dead

Like yes, ofc, you can spam AoEs and CCs, but well, the opponent in stealth still has a huge advantage over you with what you can hardly do anything 

I think they should just put a 5s reveal when you break stealth as a baseline stealth mechanic that cannot be removed, most of the classes that are able to spam stealth, like mes and thief still has enough defense outside of stealth, and other classes like holo and druid have their defense in their traits/kits

Thief still could kite that 5s away, but it would atleast prevent people from abusing it without knowing anything about the class itself

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Irrational.2871 said:

shadow step eltie gl mate

This will definitely help me survive vs classes that have blocks/invulns/protection with the same or lower cds than shadowstep/thief elites.

sb 5

Spend all your attack resource to not move out of range of most projectiles, the bulk of which auto track. right. 

gl mate

gl getting stealth reworked without letting the thieves fight.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This will definitely help me survive vs classes that have blocks/invulns/protection with the same or lower cds than shadowstep/thief elites.

Spend all your attack resource to not move out of range of most projectiles, the bulk of which auto track. right. 

3 dodge smoke screen
also it doesnt give the right to be perma invis if someone can block your attack you know

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Irrational.2871 said:

3 dodge smoke screen

That's crazy, I get an extra half second evade and a 4 second blind field on a 45 sec cooldown to protect my 10k HP? Guess I'm all set. Truly no other class has defenses so robust.

also it doesnt give the right to be perma invis if someone can block your attack you know

Sure. Which thief type is perma invis?

2 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

All of my 4 losses in arena placement so far have been exclusively due to stealth mechanics

That's wild. Any thieves in arena by any chance?

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1