What's wrong with updates?

I haven't seen this either. I can't remember how many files were in the recent updates, but it only took a few minutes and definitely wasn't reinstalling the entire game.

Whatever is going wrong it's not affecting everyone. It might be worth trying to run a repair on your client and see if that stops it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

I think the whole issue is because my Guild Wars 2 folder is in D and also it reads as being only over 5 gig. I'll uninstall everything and re-install it on C.

It's definitely not a problem of it being on drive other than C. Mine isn't on C either. Now, you might want to look at amount of free disk space on D...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's definitely not a problem of it being on drive other than C. Mine isn't on C either. Now, you might want to look at amount of free disk space on D...

Can confirm, mine's on the B drive and has previously been on A and briefly Z. It worked on all of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

It's so annoying. Unless there's a fatal error updates should be weekly. When we got a patch you can expect the 2 or 3 consecutive days updates.

Non essential patches are weekly. Hotfixes outside of that fix vital or game breaking bugs and server issues.

So it's doing what you want already

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

Yeah but how big is your folder? Mine says 5.15 gig only that is not normal.

Mine is 66.1GB. A new install can be a bit smaller than one that's had several updates, but I would have thought it should be at least about 65GB.

37 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

At least we don’t have downtime while they are in maintenance mode. I remember how baffled I was when I found out all I had to do was update the game now and then. All the other mmos I played before had hours of downtime. Sometimes weekly at that.  

I had the opposite. GW1 and GW2 were the only MMOs I really played for years so it was an unwelcome surprise when I started another one (which is newer than GW2) and found out they still have weekly downtime for maintenance. I didn't appreciate at the time that it was something only Anet did, I just assumed that technology had moved on and it was no longer necessary to take all the servers offline together to update them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

It matters because it's the difference from a 10 minutes update and a full download of over an hour or 2.

Most people when they access their game they wanna play now not in 2 hours. It doesn't matter to you because it's not happening to you/

It's not happening to me because my computer isn't broken. You seem to understand now that yours is, and the number of files that were updated in an update isn't relevant at all. Good luck fixing your stuff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1