Do raids need easy/normal/hard difficulty mode? [merged]

Lonami.2987

@STIHL.2489 said:But at the same time, it's been 3 years now, the best time for them to have done something was when PoF launched, that really was their window to revamp Raids, and, since they didn't, this topic is done really.

It's almost as if they see no reason to do so, isn't it?

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"STIHL.2489" said:But at the same time, it's been 3 years now, the best time for them to have done something was when PoF launched, that really was their window to revamp Raids, and, since they didn't, this topic is done really.

You don't know when the "best time" is. Remember for how many years people were complaining (loudly) about mounts? When it did make sense to add mounts, they did. If it makes sense to do something about Raids, they will do it. They do have the actual data after all and can make decisions based on it.

I can't agree more and I absolutely believe they'll shift down raids if the number of raid players will decrease heavily but I don't see that atm. Furthermore the crowd asking for an easy mode isn't as big as they want us make to believe otherwise I'm 100% sure we would have seen a different reaction/statements from Anet by now. The forum people are a very tiny minority (includes me as well ^^) wether it's the pro or anti raid fraction. I'm also browsing reddit regularly and raid easy mode isn't a prominent topic there although there are many more casual, veteran and hardcore participants.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"STIHL.2489" said:But at the same time, it's been 3 years now, the best time for them to have done something was when PoF launched, that really was their window to revamp Raids, and, since they didn't, this topic is done really.

You don't know when the "best time" is. Remember for how many years people were complaining (loudly) about mounts? When it did make sense to add mounts, they did. If it makes sense to do something about Raids, they will do it. They do have the actual data after all and can make decisions based on it.

I can't agree more and I absolutely believe they'll shift down raids if the number of raid players will decrease heavily but I don't see that atm. Furthermore the crowd asking for an easy mode isn't as big as they want us make to believe otherwise I'm 100% sure we would have seen a different reaction/statements from Anet by now. The forum people are a very tiny minority (includes me as well ^^) wether it's the pro or anti raid fraction. I'm also browsing reddit regularly and raid easy mode isn't a prominent topic there although there are many more casual, veteran and hardcore participants.

You can keep your false hope.

Unlike some people I won't try to silence dissent or shoot down people's hopes, keep dreaming.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:But at the same time, it's been 3 years now, the best time for them to have done something was when PoF launched, that really was their window to revamp Raids, and, since they didn't, this topic is done really.

Unlike some people I won't try to silence dissent or shoot down people's hopes, keep dreaming.

I honestly would see them adding a new different set of Legendary Armor for those who those don’t raid before they ever add an easy mode.

@Tyson.5160 said:

I honestly would see them adding a new different set of Legendary Armor for those who those don’t raid before they ever add an easy mode.

Well they have a WvW and sPvP option for the Armor, and while I acan't speak about how the sPvP one works, the WvW is very accessible as outside Reset, you can always find a map to play on.

So, give it a try, I can only speak for myself, but this topic has made me look into the WvW option, and I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun, Yah it's PvP, and it has all the downsides of dealing with PvP, like getting steam-rolled by a zerg, ganked by toll players, and the class balance is painful to say the least, but there is little to no raid style elitism, you can play what you want to play, run with the people you like to run with, do what you want to do, and still make progress, and even if you are just killing yaks, or flipping guards, you are still helping your team.

So, truth is, there are other paths to Legendary Armor, and if that is what you want, I encourage you to give WvW a try, once you get past the whole PvP aspect of it, and learn the maps and the layouts, it really can be a huge amount of fun.

I already have the Ascended Parts I want Unlocked, and am working on unlocking a second set of Ascended (so even if all you want is Ascended Armor, this mode gives you that as well), anyway, currently I am putting together the Gifts at this point. Given it takes around 4K Claim Tickets to make each piece, it will be a while, but.. Still.. it's a path that I can make progress on playing at my own pace, I have a whole series of WvW traits to work on, and a whole lot of tactics to learn, apparently.. busting out some sweet sweet dance moves, when the zerg is coming does not work.. but I get to laugh at that at least, and stick with my gimpy PvE builds, and not worry about being meta, or anything else, I get to play my way, and roll with the people I like to roll with, and we have our casual fun.

It really does not get any better.

So, I implore everyone that wants to work on Legendary Armor to give the WvW path a try and let this topic die.

@STIHL.2489 said:

Lol what?

I have no false hope. I just see a different picture than you do and I think that should be fine for both of us! Before HoT it weren't just some poor lonely forum posters that wanted challenging content. It was a community. A community that cared a lot about the content (a.k.a. dungeons), was in touch with the dev team from time to time, made lists of all the dungeons bugs for example and it was an active scene around speed clearing as well with an own record website + many more. That's a big difference to only some people here asking for an easy mode raid partially with abstruse wishes and terrible ideas. I couldn't care less about you and your effort it's just my point of view that it would need more than just 5-20 people standing up and demanding an easy mode raid before Anet will commit such a drastic change. You may be right that they will in the future but realistically I wouldn't bet that it happens within the next year. But well, a lot can happen in 12 months...maybe we also get an underwater expansion according to their latest announcement today.

@STIHL.2489 said:

Well they have a WvW and sPvP option for the Armor, and while I acan't speak about how the sPvP one works, the WvW is very accessible as outside Reset, you can always find a map to play on.

So, give it a try, I can only speak for myself, but this topic has made me look into the WvW option, and
I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun
, Yah it's PvP, and it has all the downsides of dealing with PvP, like getting steam-rolled by a zerg, ganked by toll players, and the class balance is painful to say the least, but there is little to no raid style elitism, you can play what you want to play, run with the people you like to run with, do what you want to do, and still make progress, and even if you are just killing yaks, or flipping guards, you are still helping your team.

So, truth is, there are other paths to Legendary Armor, and if that is what you want,
I encourage you to give WvW a try
, once you get past the whole PvP aspect of it, and learn the maps and the layouts, it really can be a huge amount of fun.

I already have the Ascended Parts I want Unlocked, and am working on unlocking a second set of Ascended (so even if all you want is Ascended Armor, this mode gives you that as well), anyway, currently I am putting together the Gifts at this point. Given it takes around 4K Claim Tickets to make each piece, it will be a while, but.. Still.. it's a path that I can make progress on playing at my own pace, I have a whole series of WvW traits to work on, and a whole lot of tactics to learn, apparently.. busting out some sweet sweet dance moves, when the zerg is coming does not work.. but I get to laugh at that at least, and stick with my gimpy PvE builds, and not worry about being meta, or anything else, I get to play my way, and roll with the people I like to roll with, and we have our casual fun.

So, I implore everyone that wants to work on Legendary Armor to give the WvW path a try and let this topic die.

I’m 300 shards off of the spvp armor, talk about mental resilience...

@STIHL.2489 said:

So, give it a try, I can only speak for myself, but this topic has made me look into the WvW option, and
I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun
, Yah it's PvP, and it has all the downsides of dealing with PvP, like getting steam-rolled by a zerg, ganked by toll players, and the class balance is painful to say the least, but there is little to no raid style elitism, you can play what you want to play, run with the people you like to run with, do what you want to do, and still make progress, and even if you are just killing yaks, or flipping guards, you are still helping your team.

So, truth is, there are other paths to Legendary Armor, and if that is what you want,
, once you get past the whole PvP aspect of it, and learn the maps and the layouts, it really can be a huge amount of fun.

Anet said in in the past, they have no plans to do a new set of legendary armor. And I fully understand it -a set of armor takes a lot of time and resources, even more if it has those special effects and shiny things the legen armor has. So I don't think they'll do a new set while at the same time the set is obtainable in PvE, even if you don't like to play the content required to get it.

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

Anet said in in the past, they have no plans to do a new set of legendary armor. And I fully understand it -a set of armor takes a lot of time and resources, even more if it has those special effects and shiny things the legen armor has. So I don't think they'll do a new set while at the same time the set is obtainable in PvE, even if you don't like to play the content required to get it.

I think the correct response was a new set like the Envoy armor which transforms. If it’s a new set and a new skin that has nothing to do with raiding, then the raiders should be happy.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

I think the correct response was a new set like the Envoy armor which transforms. If it’s a new set and a new skin that has nothing to do with raiding, then the raiders should be happy.

I don't really care if anet does a new legen set or no (I have enough LI for the 3 legen and I don't plan on crafting one anytime soon), even though I don't think they should since raids are also PvE. But creating a new set of legendary skins is too much work, and Anet said they had no plans to do another one.

Edit: what I'm absolutely against is creating a cheesed raid mode and giving Envoy armor as a reward from it, because cheesed mode raiders wouldn't be doing the same effort us regular raiders do. That's unfair. But if anet creates a different set for open world PvE (which, again, I don't think they should because raids are PvE), I wouldn't care much. Because I, contrary to some pro-easy mode here, accept the fact that if I want a thing tied to a certain type of content I have to do that type of content, so if I liked that new open world legen I assume I'd have to play open world instead of crying on the forums for them to give me a path to get it while playing while I like to play, raids.

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

Anet said in in the past, they have no plans to do a new set of legendary armor.

Sets of Legendary Armor already exist in WvW and sPvP.

As such, Anyone looking for Legendary Armor, that does not want to deal with raids or the elitism around them, should look into doing WvW or sPvP, and acquire their armor that way. While it can be a little intimidating at first due to the high octane pvp environment, if you like a good fight, that just adds to the thrill of the content and once you learn the maps and the methods, the pvp battles can add a whole new level of fun to the game.

I don't play sPvP that much, and have done nothing towards the Armor, so I can't comment on that, if anyone has some good things to say, I hope they speak up and offer some insight, but, as someone that has moved to WvW, I can honestly say, for people that enjoy OW content, hard fights, and a willing to embrace the unpredictable challenge and thrill that comes from dealing with a living, thinking, opponent, WvW is a great mode to play.

Give it a try, it might be exactly what anyone looking for an another path to legendary armor is looking for!

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

I don't really care if anet does a new legen set or no (I have enough LI for the 3 legen and I don't plan on crafting one anytime soon), even though I don't think they should since raids are also PvE. But creating a new set of legendary skins is too much work, and Anet said they had no plans to do another one.

Edit: what I'm absolutely against is creating a cheesed raid mode and giving Envoy armor as a reward from it, because cheesed mode raiders wouldn't be doing the same effort us regular raiders do. That's unfair. But if anet creates a different set for open world PvE (which, again, I don't think they should because raids are PvE), I wouldn't care much. Because I, contrary to some pro-easy mode here, accept the fact that if I want a thing tied to a certain type of content I have to do that type of content, so if I liked that new open world legen I assume I'd have to play open world instead of crying on the forums for them to give me a path to get it while playing while I like to play, raids.

Exactly, if they made a new set for fractals or open world then that leaves the raid community alone, so there should be no complaining. I suspect that this might be a route that Anet goes in the future.

Would be like the raid community complaining that pvp and wvw got legendary, it’s just not warranted.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

Anet said in in the past, they have no plans to do a new set of legendary armor.

As such, Anyone looking for Legendary Armor, that does not want to deal with raids or the elitism around them, should look into doing WvW or sPvP, and acquire their armor that way. While it can be a little intimidating at first due to the high octane pvp environment, if you like a good fight, that just adds to the thrill of the content and once you learn the maps and the methods, the pvp battles can add a whole new level of fun to the game.

I don't play sPvP that much, and have done nothing towards the Armor, so I can't comment on that, if anyone has some good things to say, I hope they speak up and offer some insight, but, as someone that has moved to WvW, I can honestly say, for people that enjoy OW content, hard fights, and a willing to embrace the unpredictable challenge and thrill that comes from dealing with a living, thinking, opponent,
WvW is a great mode to play

Give it a try, it might be exactly what anyone looking for an
another path
to legendary armor is looking for!

Yeah, but WvW and PvP legendary armor don't have unique legendary skins, as far as I know. That's what I'm talking about. Those are the ascended skins, but they just have that QoL feature of legendary equipment. It's not comparable to a new and unique set of legendary skins such as Envoy (the ascended pre does not have special effects, it isn't shiny, etc etc).

in fact I think WvW and PvP are indeed good ways to get a legen without grinding too much. I might give PvP legen a try, it's far more beautiful than Envoy.

@Tyson.5160 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

It's pretty cool ain't it?

It's a little scary and intimidating to get into due to the PvP aspect of it, but, at least with WvW, it's pretty easy to get into the flow of things, and just learn to work the maps, the environment, maybe even take some time to learn new builds, play styles, and not walk around with a huge target on your back. I know getting insta-killed by other players when I started was a huge turn off, but the more I learned, the more I began to understand that there were some serious issues with class balance in WvW, and that until Anet fixes things, it was going to be that way, took the stress off to try and win a fight against a build that was going to vastly outpower me, and I got to mellow into the mode and not make it stressful, dying does not set me back, so I just re-spawn and keep plugging at it.. a camp here.. a guard there.. a yak.. and maybe even a tower if a few of my friends log on.. and yah.. we get rolled and stomped from time to time.. laugh it off and run back out there..

It's a great mode all things said and done.. feels like a game of pick up ball on a muddy day.. where you eat dirt but have a great time doing it.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

Exactly, if they made a new set for fractals or open world then that leaves the raid community alone, so there should be no complaining. I suspect that this might be a route that Anet goes in the future.

Would be like the raid community complaining that pvp and wvw got legendary, it’s just not warranted.

In fact I think fractals should get at least exotic/ascended unique armor skins. It would be super cool. As long as they don't require you to have those ultra expensive new fractal boosts xD

@STIHL.2489 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

It's a little scary and intimidating to get into due to the PvP aspect of it, but, at least with WvW, it's pretty easy to get into the flow of things, and just learn to work the maps, the environment, maybe even take some time to learn new builds, play styles, and not walk around with a huge target on your back. I know getting insta-killed by other players when I started was a huge turn off, but the more I learned, the more I began to understand that there were some serious issues with class balance in WvW, and that until Anet fixes things, it was going to be that way, took the stress off to try and win a fight against a build that was going to vastly outpower me, and I got to mellow into the mode and not make it stressful, dying does not set me back, so I just re-spawn and keep plugging at it.. a camp here.. a guard there.. a yak.. and maybe even a tower if a few of my friends log on.. and yah.. we get rolled and stomped from time to time.. laugh it off and run back out there..

It's a great mode all things said and done.. feels like a game of pick up ball on a muddy day.. where you eat dirt but have a great time doing it.

The down side with pvp is the time gate.

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

I don't play sPvP that much, and have done nothing towards the Armor, so I can't comment on that, if anyone has some good things to say, I hope they speak up and offer some insight, but, as someone that has moved to WvW, I can honestly say, for people that enjoy OW content, hard fights, and a willing to embrace the unpredictable challenge and thrill that comes from dealing with a living, thinking, opponent,

another path

Yeah, but WvW and PvP legendary armor don't have unique legendary skins, as far as I know.

Speaking about WvW, it's kinda weird. There's an unique skin and there's the option to upgrade WvW-obtainable ascended armor to legendary. It's like the WvW armor is just split in two. Not sure why they went for this .

On a side note, congrats STHIL. Feels good to find out you like something after being "forced" into it, doesn't it?

@Tyson.5160 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

Well as a casual, I am lucky to break Gold on any given week, so the time gate (as it were) is not an issue for me, that is more a serious or hard core players issues, not a filthy casual like myself.

@STIHL.2489 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

Well as a casual, I am lucky to break Gold on any given week, so the time gate (as it were) is not an issue for me, that is more a serious or hard core players issues, not a filthy casual like myself.

Yeah it’s more apparent for pvp because you need to do 3 seasons regardless. I’m almost done myself and I’m looking forward to the new pvp armor set which the equivalent to the Mistforged Triumphant set with the tentacles.

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

another path

Yeah, but WvW and PvP legendary armor don't have unique legendary skins, as far as I know.

They technically do.

WvW

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

Pvp

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Hero%27s_armor

Pvp will be getting FX added to it i the future.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

another path

They technically do.

WvW

Pvp

I think their point is that, while WvW and sPvP have their own Armor Skins, the legendary Armor is the same as the Ascended Skin, it is not it's own Legendary Skin. But truth be told, from what I have seen among the WvW players.. Fashion Wars is not their battle plan.

Some of them joke that Legendary Weapon are the tell tale signs of a PvE scrub.

@Tyson.5160 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

Yeah it’s more apparent for pvp because you need to do 3 seasons regardless. I’m almost done myself and I’m looking forward to the new pvp armor set which the equivalent to the Mistforged Triumphant set with the tentacles.

I think that is why I like the WvW path, there is no demand to my time, I can play as want, when I want, as my schedule allows me to play, it's always there for me to work on, at my leisure. Outside the brutalizing PvP fights, it's really close to what an Open World Path should be.

As such, anyone looking to earn Legendary Armor, and not wanting to deal with raids, or needing to adhere to some system or plan, WvW is a great alternative to your game time, and like sPvP, it even has it's own dailies so you can still earn rewards and your 2 gold a day just doing the mode.

as far as the skins go, well Armor Skins have always been content exclusive, since day 1, live, and it would make sense that to get Evony Skin, you should do raids, and while I would like to see maybe a some kind of FX effect like flames added to Legendary Armor Upgrade, so they match Warbringer.

But, maybe some day they will not treat WvW as a neglected game mode.. I mean in 5 years they added.. 1 single.. map. But it is still a better choice to go do WvW then deal with this topic or raids.

@nia.4725 said:I don't really care if anet does a new legen set or no (I have enough LI for the 3 legen and I don't plan on crafting one anytime soon), even though I don't think they should since raids are also PvE. But creating a new set of legendary skins is too much work, and Anet said they had no plans to do another one.

Exactly, which is why they need to open up a path to Envoy armor for players who will never enjoy the current implementation of raiding.

Edit: what I'm absolutely against is creating a cheesed raid mode and giving Envoy armor as a reward from it, because cheesed mode raiders wouldn't be doing the same effort us regular raiders do. That's unfair.

No, it's not. What's unfair is to only allow players who particulate in the current raids to have the Envoy armor. You are not owed anything just because you participate in raids.

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@nia.4725 said:I don't really care if anet does a new legen set or no (I have enough LI for the 3 legen and I don't plan on crafting one anytime soon), even though I don't think they should since raids are also PvE. But creating a new set of legendary skins is too much work, and Anet said they had no plans to do another one.

Exactly, which is why they need to open up a path to Envoy armor for players who will
never
enjoy the current implementation of raiding.

Edit: what I'm absolutely against is creating a cheesed raid mode and giving Envoy armor as a reward from it, because cheesed mode raiders wouldn't be doing the same effort us regular raiders do. That's unfair.

No, it's not. What's unfair is to
only
allow players who particulate in the current raids to have the Envoy armor. You are not owed anything just because you participate in raids.

yawn.gif

@STIHL.2489 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

another path

They technically do.

WvW

Pvp

I think their point is that, while WvW and sPvP have their own Armor Skins, the legendary Armor is the same as the Ascended Skin, it is not it's own
Legendary Skin
. But truth be told, from what I have seen among the WvW players.. Fashion Wars is not their battle plan.

Some of them joke that Legendary Weapon are the tell tale signs of a PvE scrub.

This is exactly what I was trying to say : )

@STIHL.2489 said:

I am glad I did

WvW is a lot of fun

I think that is why I like the WvW path, there is no demand to my time, I can play as want, when I want, as my schedule allows me to play, it's always there for me to work on, at my leisure. Outside the brutalizing PvP fights, it's really close to what an Open World Path should be.

As such, anyone looking to earn Legendary Armor, and not wanting to deal with raids, or needing to adhere to some system or plan, WvW is a great alternative to your game time, and like sPvP, it even has it's own dailies so you can still earn rewards and your 2 gold a day just doing the mode.

as far as the skins go, well Armor Skins have always been content exclusive, since day 1, live, and it would make sense that to get Evony Skin, you should do raids, and while I would like to see maybe a some kind of FX effect like flames added to Legendary Armor Upgrade, so they match Warbringer.

But, maybe some day they will not treat WvW as a neglected game mode.. I mean in 5 years they added..
1 single
.. map. But it is still a better choice to go do WvW then deal with this topic or raids.

I mean honestly the tickets amount for those skins are crazy as well as the very high WvW rank kinda place the skin in a place many can’t reach anyways.

Personally, I started working on the pvp armor since they announced it last year and I’m just about to finish it sometime this month.

Now I wouldn’t be surprised if the new pvp 2.5 skin will also be locked behind pvp rank as well.