TC says "Hi"

Sleepwalker.1398

1 hour ago, Kera.3982 said:

Magumma has so many people which makes WvW not fun to play anymore. After capping SMC or a Keep, they'll just zerg the place and outnumber in every fight. Here's hoping Ashes of Creation will deliver a much balanced PvP experience.

As a backer of AoC, I doubt they will balanced based on the system design. Just like in GW2 it will matter how many people are willing to self balance versus those that will just zerg. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kera.3982 said:

After capping SMC or a Keep, they'll just zerg the place and outnumber in every fight.

Anet just needs to make zeging not rewarding. If you have 40+ friendly players within some small range around you then:

1. You get no reward track progression.

2. No ultimate dominator track progression.

3. Killing enemies gives 0 points to the score.

4. You don't get heavy loot bags or any kind of loot for killing enemies.

The only reward for zerging should be "having fun", everything else disabled.

Edited by Daredevil.2745
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

Anet just needs to make zeging not rewarding. If you have 40+ friendly players within some small range around you then:

Nerf nerf nerf. All of this could be replaced by a buff instead, just enable friendly fire and as a bonus it would be good fun for everyone else to watch zergs fight.

Win-win.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

Congratulations, you just killed what was left of WvW. 

Stop complaining about Maguuma, they do have an annoying play style to fight against, but they are not the problem. 

Match making and population imbalance is the real issue. It's more obvious against Mag because they have enormous coverage, so it seems you are always fighting map queues.

• Confused 3

I have played along and against that Mag server.

I have noticed that every server if given the chance they will do the same as Mag and they have but it is just that Mag is better at it.

As for pulling players off the cliff, I have also seen Mag do the same when they get the red keep but not as much as I have just seen in this video which was fun to watch and actioned perfectly in seening so many drop.

Therefore, I will avoid that spot if my server ends up fighting your server when you have the red keep.  🙂

As for WVW, based on ANET's feedback they are still working on WVW so at least they have not dropped it.

Soon we will have another beta to test and let us see if it does further improve WVW.

Hopefully this will bring more players and have massive pvp battles like AION when it 1st came out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

All servers has their unique way to play, as WvW regular player I already know how most of the most important servers play and also some guilds on wvw. Even, when we have the relink we know how is the team work with the server linked, sometimes we know we would have a good douple sometimes we know would be a hard 2 months link dealing with the other 2 teams and our link server.

The only thing that I dont like of WvW is MAG Server, but they literally kill wvw and I dont know how the other servers have Queue for EBG and are like 50 players (just giving a number) and MAG has like 80+ around us and they respond so fast to any attack... it's really suspicious that they are always more than us in all maps and we have long queues in our maps.

I wont ask nerf wvw, just fix the quantity of people per server on each map... that's it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, patito.2046 said:

......MAG has like 80+ around us and they respond so fast to any attack... it's really suspicious that they are always more than us in all maps and we have long queues in our maps.

I wont ask nerf wvw, just fix the quantity of people per server on each map... that's it.

This is absolutely not true, when I was link with Mag against TC and SoS we don't even have our ebg keep most of the week, all time zone. And was zerg down by TC and SoS all the time as well. our numbers are usually 15 people but When SoS come its 10000000000000000 million.  😛 Come to think of it, it was 8 weeks of outnumbered 90% of the time. 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

On 10/25/2023 at 2:47 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

As a backer of AoC, I doubt they will balanced based on the system design. Just like in GW2 it will matter how many people are willing to self balance versus those that will just zerg. 

I'll mostly be playing the Open World rather than an instanced PvP match. Defending caravans with my own resources I farmed in my own player home is so much more rewarding than what GW2 has to offer. You should also know about the bounty system if any enemy player decides to flag up and PvP. With the state of GW2's PvP, AoC is a game to look forward to.

On 10/25/2023 at 6:19 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Nerf nerf nerf. All of this could be replaced by a buff instead, just enable friendly fire and as a bonus it would be good fun for everyone else to watch zergs fight.

Win-win.

I've been advocating for that for years now lol. Oh the times I've wanted to take people out who constantly complain. I've settled for just popping over an an alt and steam rolling the group instead. Kinda works. Doesn't help stop zerging though. 🙂