I'm tired of seeing a Firebrand changelog 15 times the size of the Willbender changelog

MagicBot.1570

Since EoD, Willbender received very few changes. The removal of stance overriding each other was a major one, but all it did was buff the damage builds really. It would be about time to look at this elite spec and actually give a small rework to the Alacrity build.

The trait constraints are enormous on the Alacrity build, which is a build that has no niche anymore.

Overall the spec suffers from essentially not having a dedicated weapon (off-hand Sword is catastrophically bad), no identity and I'll go as far as to say not even a single class mechanic either (unless CDR is considered to be a class mechanic - well, it wasn't deemed to be so on Untamed). You wouldn't even think to use the utilities considering how bad they all are. 

So, can Firebrand for once not be the main focus of the Guardian changelog ? Because it's been like this since a little over a year already.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

Willbender isn't the only EoD e-spec that seem to lack attention from the devs. I think the devs simply choose to look away from the glaring issue when a spec somehow "work" in spite of being abominations.

Also, maybe they are so used to tweak Firebrand after the long, long, very long PoF era that it's bacome a second nature for them.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Willbender isn't the only EoD e-spec that seem to lack attention from the devs. I think the devs simply choose to look away from the glaring issue when a spec somehow "work" in spite of being abominations.

Also, maybe they are so used to tweak Firebrand after the long, long, very long PoF era that it's bacome a second nature for them.

I actually have a conspiracy theory that the anet staff that replaced the old staff...made it their "career goal" to act like what they came up with was perfect and that the old stuff was really really bad.."look how we fixed it, boss" kinda thing,

They consistently downgraded the complexity of the prior classes/work to make it look comparable to what they come up.

No proof at all xD.

• Like 3

The class is so simplistic that any little buff will turn bad Guard players into mediocre players, and extremely good players into Gods. I think that was one of the issues with the damage in F1 and offhand Sword. It was too easy to faceroll and get results.

I'm starting to think WB needs some utility upgrade such as Superspeed when WB Flames lands.... or our Physical skills not requiring a target to port like Flashing Combo.

We need a buff in utility usages... IMO..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

The class is so simplistic that any little buff will turn bad Guard players into mediocre players, and extremely good players into Gods. I think that was one of the issues with the damage in F1 and offhand Sword. It was too easy to faceroll and get results.

I'm starting to think WB needs some utility upgrade such as Superspeed when WB Flames lands.... or our Physical skills not requiring a target to port like Flashing Combo.

Ye, WB needs to have the easy/telegraphed parts of their dmg heavily nerfed so noobs don't get rofl-stomped, like u said, Virtue Flames and Off-sword, maybe even Lethal Tempo in WvW, since taking Phoenix over Tyrant barely changes the dmg output at all when roaming.
sPvP and WvW WB just needs to have another skill split, as those 2 are extremely different things. WvW WB needs to be dmg nerfed and utility buffed, while sPvP WB straight up needs utility buffs.
Outside of being a vroom-vroom Guardian, WB just doesn't seem to have a class identity at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

On 11/5/2023 at 3:15 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

im not a wb pro or even beginner. except that round kick i felt all utilities more like rp content.

but i m probably wrong

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 10:21 AM, aetemes.2603 said:

I actually have a conspiracy theory that the anet staff that replaced the old staff...made it their "career goal" to act like what they came up with was perfect and that the old stuff was really really bad.."look how we fixed it, boss" kinda thing,

"First one who makes Guardian Hammer good gets 15 days paid leave and a end-of-year bonus"

OH SHEEEEET HERE WE GOOOOO

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...