Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake does not apply the nourishment boon [Merged]

GODh.3892

Since today´s update, that is 7/Nov/2023, the Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake does not apply the nourishment boon.

I can drop the feast and interact with the cakes as usual. Once I click on it, there is a familiar 2-minute cooldown. However, the nourishment boon does not apply.

None of my 14+ toons can get the nourishment boon, regardles of the instance and maps in PvE and WvW.

It seems to be a global issue: I asked players in different PvE maps and, to my knowledge, every single one had the same issue.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

EDITS:

1. If you let the malnourished debuff to expire and interact with the feast, the nourished boon applies normally.

2. Before the update you could refresh any time the nourishment boon, but now you can no longer refresh it.

The only way to get the nourishment boon now is to let the malnourished debuff expire and then eat a cake. If you want to overwrite an existing food you cannot do it.

3. Birthday Blaster is working as usual. It grants the same bonuses as the Feast but it only lasts 10 minutes.

4. It is not only a SOTO-based issue. Players with SOTO and without SOTO are both having this issue.

Edited by Meva.8327
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Meva.8327 said:

. If you want to overwrite an existing food you cannot do it.

I'm actually glad for this. Now I can stop accidentally overwriting my real food with peoples' annoyingly placed cakes.

Edit to add: it should be able to overwrite malnourished, that's gotta be worse than my annoyance. But I'm glad it doesn't overwrite existing food.

Edited by Dalent.9358
Clarification
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Dalent.9358 said:

I'm actually glad for this. Now I can stop accidentally overwriting my real food with peoples' annoyingly placed cakes.

Hehehe I get your point: losing ascended food for a cake is super sad and painful.

But with the current bug, you will need to spend time with the malnourished debuff in PvE or WvW before reappling the nourished boon from the feast.

EDIT: I agree with your EDIT above. It would be extremely nice if non-ascended food would not overwrite ascended ones.

Edited by Meva.8327
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Dalent.9358 said:

Edit to add: it should be able to overwrite malnourished, that's gotta be worse than my annoyance. But I'm glad it doesn't overwrite existing food.

It should override existing food, so you can refresh it and also overwrite any less-good food buff you might happen to have. Or even overwrite an ascended buff you don't want (like condition damage on a power character, or healing, etc).

And I think it's pretty rare to accidentally eat the cake when you don't want to, unless you're constantly running around pressing F without looking.

• Like 3

Birthday cake still works on characters that HAVE NOT started or completed the new SOTO "Through the Veil" storyline.  Once a character has started it, the birthday cake no longer works for that character. At least that is what I have found.  EDIT: Once the malnourished buff is gone, the cake can be reapplied.

I ate before entering the portal to start the story and got the buff.  Later in the story, I noticed I had the malnourished buff.  I dropped another cake and interacted, but the birthday cake buff did not apply.  Relogging and restarting game didn't fix it.

Edited by forestsgreen.5328
  • Like 2

I confirm the bug. Additionally, I've had a few instances in which, even after letting the Malnourished effect expire, I could not regain the Birthday Cake food buff by clicking on the appropriate feast. I am not sure why.

I really hope this bug is addressed soon.

Edited by Ramiel.4835
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, forestsgreen.5328 said:

Birthday cake still works on characters that HAVE NOT started or completed the new SOTO "Through the Veil" storyline.

I have not purchased SOTO yet, hence I can say that it is an issue deeper than just SOTO-based.

Edited by Meva.8327
  • Like 2

Particularly annoying bug; I have to sit with Malnourished for a few minutes before I can eat some more cake. Let them eat cake!!! 😠🍰

Edit: Confirming that Birthday Blaster works to refresh the timer to 10 minutes, at least. The Feast does not.

Edited by Kiriwar.7382
  • Like 2