Huge disapointment about how this forum works.

Mirror.3521

I strongly disappointed how this topic linked below works. I keep asking once per 1 or 2 weeks and nothing. I wait already almost 10 weeks for it and nothing. There is no reason then to make this topic alive - GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged] - Page 309 - Guild Wars 2 Discussion - Guild Wars 2 Forums . Delete it. For what this topic is and requests in it? For fun? I tried contact support weeks ago to get this outfit and nothing, they said make request on forum. Here zero communication, devs don't care, you can't speak with them, again: nothing.

To developers: HUGE dissapointment. Funny thing i expected to see Wintersday Choose Your Own Appearance Package on december schedule today - Gemstore Schedule (thatshaman.com) but thatshaman said there is bug or something and don't know what next. Just great. This is beyond unluck. And all what i wanted is that single outfit. I play this game for 7 years and first time i felt so omitted and ignored. 

Edited by Mirror.3521
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the item was last on sale in July

So? .. i said 2 months ago i missed it because i didn't knew i need it at that time and i was busy with my skyscale run. That DOESN'T change the fact request topic is totally pointless because i asking for it for 10 weeks and nothing.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mirror.3521 said:

So? .. i said 2 months ago i missed it because i didn't knew i need it at that time and i was busy with my skyscale run. That DOESN'T change the fact request topic is totally pointless because i asking for it for 10 weeks and nothing.

unfortunately the request forum is not solely for your requests: there are hundreds of items in the gemstore that will rotate in and out, with new items being added all the time, and not everything can be listed at once.

you'll just have to be patient.

• Thanks 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Mirror.3521 changed the title to Huge disapointment about how this forum works.
49 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

unfortunately the request forum is not solely for your requests: there are hundreds of items in the gemstore that will rotate in and out, with new items being added all the time, and not everything can be listed at once.

All the time? Don't make me laugh .. last time old outfits rotate was on september. Since then on october and now nothing. Only new ones. That's another problem. I even requested that to change that but ofc zero response and again ignored.

Edited by Mirror.3521
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

If you think i should be patience then for what there is request topic? Delete it. There is no point to spam there by peoples. If someone asking for a item and must wait for it half year or more and that post going to be incredible old with time then i don't see ANY point to make this request topic alive.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

That topic exists just to collect all those requests in one place. Otherwise there would be 700 such threads flooding the forum.
But it's a request thread not a demand thread. Maybe it means something comes back this year that wouldn't have been available until next year., but there's no suggestion that posting in there will result in any action by anet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Request:

noun

an act of asking politely or formally for something. (In this case item)

If your request gets no attention due to said item being available a couple months ago, ignore the definition above and proceed to throw a tantrum on the forums and wait for reactions 👍 That will show them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

In a game with as many players as GW2, were you honestly expecting them to fulfill every request made by every single person? 

No. But when old outfits rotation happens only once per 2 months, yes they should because this rotation is incredibly rare.

Funny how all of you want to prove me wrong but don't see a problem with no rotation for 2 months or no comunication from devs. They keep saying what they gonna do with update in next months and early 2024. But such important item like: Wintersday Choose Your Own Appearance Package what appeared only once, year ago they refuse to share if we will get it this december. They force to wait and simply ignore even that request.

Edited by Mirror.3521
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Mirror.3521 said:

Considering the amount of Outfits we have in this game, 2 months is not a very long time.

I waited a half year for my etherbound skins back 1-2 years ago. So? I accepted they wanted to bring other ones in the Shop first.

You cant expect them to bring the same items in the Shop every month.

You also cant expect them to answer every single post on this forum. 

But hey, its christmas next month so you might get lucky.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Mirror.3521 said:

If you think i should be patience then for what there is request topic? Delete it. There is no point to spam there by peoples. If someone asking for a item and must wait for it half year or more and that post going to be incredible old with time then i don't see ANY point to make this request topic alive.

The topic exists to help them get a consensus on what items the community as a whole wants to see returned the most. It doesn’t have exist to ensure the whims of any individuals. We as individuals can make requests, but what matters is what gets requested by the most people and with what frequency. You can request the same item every day for a year but if you are the only one requesting it then you are still just one voice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1