Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake does not apply the nourishment boon [Merged]

GODh.3892

On 11/8/2023 at 3:27 AM, Olvendred.3027 said:

It should override existing food, so you can refresh it and also overwrite any less-good food buff you might happen to have. Or even overwrite an ascended buff you don't want (like condition damage on a power character, or healing, etc).

And I think it's pretty rare to accidentally eat the cake when you don't want to, unless you're constantly running around pressing F without looking.

I guess you don't encounter the jerks in open world who drop cakes and aviator boxes and other annoyances on chest or other things you need to interact with in events.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Grizzly UK.1209 said:

Unfortunately they seem to resurrect old bugs on a rather regular basis! 😵

ANet has a perfect track record of 15-plus years of permanent struggle with updates and balance.

7 hours ago, Grizzly UK.1209 said:

So a moderator took the time to merge multiple discussions on the same topic but still no official word on whether this is actually a bug or intended? 🤔

Sadly yes. It shows that the priorities are more on moderation than on fixing bugs.

EDIT: On 13/Nov/2023 at 22:30 NYC time we still have the Feast bug.

Edited by Meva.8327
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

Why on Tyria would this be intended?

Who knows? Sure, we can assume it's unintended and therefore a bug, but we can never actually know that because Anet will never confirm it either way. One thing I've learnt over the years is to never, ever assume anything about anything, especially when it comes to game devs. I've seen game devs come out with comments like "We need to do a better job at communicating with our players" and "We need to be more transparent about the changes we make" but then they never really follow through on such comments. *shrug*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grizzly UK.1209 said:

Who knows? Sure, we can assume it's unintended and therefore a bug, but we can never actually know that because Anet will never confirm it either way. One thing I've learnt over the years is to never, ever assume anything about anything, especially when it comes to game devs. I've seen game devs come out with comments like "We need to do a better job at communicating with our players" and "We need to be more transparent about the changes we make" but then they never really follow through on such comments. *shrug*

I play since the beta and got the 10 years cake last year. It's worked for a year and it stopped working last week. If that was intended that would mean it's been bugged for a year and now it's "fixed" lol. Nonsense. At least they would have said it in the patch notes.

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2023 at 5:23 PM, Avigell.1826 said:

I play since the beta and got the 10 years cake last year. It's worked for a year and it stopped working last week. If that was intended that would mean it's been bugged for a year and now it's "fixed" lol. Nonsense. At least they would have said it in the patch notes.

Always so very amusing when folks not only completely miss the point but then try to argue against the point they so clearly missed! 🤣

Did you maybe consider that it might be a new change, which would therefore make it an intended change? 🤔 When there's no official confirmation of either an intended change or a bug you should never just assume one or the other! *shrug* Sometimes changes can get missed from the patch notes for various reasons. Yes, this is more than likely a bug, but until we see official confirmation we cannot actually know for certain either way! 🤔

Edited by Grizzly UK.1209
Clarification

21 hours ago, Mixy.7358 said:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/22709370886803-Feast-of-Delectable-Birthday-Cake-Issue

Looks like it is indeed not intended, and they are working on it 

Well at least that confirms that they are aware of the issue AND working on a fix! Sadly there's zero indication of just when we might get to see that fix deployed. 🤔

• Confused 1

On 11/15/2023 at 1:23 AM, Avigell.1826 said:

They are more worried if X animation gave some BS input on some BS Arena in the guild hall NO ONE wants.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/16/2023 at 5:00 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Hi, fix the cake or sad times.

They will fix it, eventually! 🤔 All we know for now is that they are aware of the issue and working on a fix. Based on the number of times they've re-introduced old bugs back into the game it could take anywhere from a couple of weeks up to 8+ weeks before they finally get around to releasing the fix. *shrug*

On 11/17/2023 at 4:15 PM, Grizzly UK.1209 said:

They will fix it, eventually! 🤔 All we know for now is that they are aware of the issue and working on a fix. Based on the number of times they've re-introduced old bugs back into the game it could take anywhere from a couple of weeks up to 8+ weeks before they finally get around to releasing the fix. *shrug*

Two weeks have passed and no solution.
If your estimate is correct, we are now sadly aiming for 8+ weeks before a fix.