Sooo... Tome of Tomes when?

Losing quite a bit of value in my shared slots when half of them are being taken up by portal scrolls. And if we are going to be getting a new expansion every year now, with a new main hub and portal scroll, its going to have to be done eventually. Time to condense!

Edited by SatyricL.2784
Spelling
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SatyricL.2784 said:

And if we are going to be getting a new expansion every year now, with a new main hub and portal scroll, its going to have to be done eventually.

Each expansion will likely continue to provide a shared inventory slot, so the portal scroll can go there. Plus, I believe Arborstone teleport wasn't available from lounges prior to SOTO release, so previous expansion hubs may be added there.

But yes, a way to condense tomes/scrolls would be great.

18 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

I would love this. Maybe call it the Mystic Library. They could make it a craftable item too - send the commander on an adventure across all these maps to breathe new life in to them.

This would be cool, but I have a feeling if there ever do it, it will be in a way that takes as little development time as possible. Likely just purchased through an NPC.

I'd like to add my voice to the calls for a place to put all my portal things. I have 6 shared slots containing them right now. That isn't all the ones I have, just the ones I use most. With Canthan Jade technology and Asuran technology, surely something like an e-reader wouldn't be super far out of lore from like Taimi? Could even add it in to our upgraded comms device.

I'd like a portal tome as well. At the moment I manage it by not getting many of the scrolls, only ones I'm sure I'll use and a few that I picked up just by doing the story which mostly sit in the bank.

The one tricky part is how they'd make it convenient to use. Yes at the moment it's annoying to store, sort and carry all the passes, but using them is very convenient. If I want to go to Armistice Bastion I know it's right at the bottom of my inventory and all I have to do is double click that icon. If I have to open a book and search through several pages of text to get the right location it's going to be more annoying to go there. But my priority locations that I want right at the front of the list are not going to be the same as other people's so there won't be one order that works for everyone.

Maybe it could be it's own type of inventory window - so you open the tome and get a 'bookshelf' window or something that you can place the other tomes and passes into - so everyone can put them in the order they want and still recognise them from the icons.

11 hours ago, SatyricL.2784 said:

This would be cool, but I have a feeling if there ever do it, it will be in a way that takes as little development time as possible. Likely just purchased through an NPC.

I don't know, Anet's thinking often seems to be if they have to put in the time to make something they may as well spend extra time to make it a big thing.

Like when they (finally) added the ability to sit in chairs. They could have just made the chairs interactive and left it at that, but instead we got a collection to find and sit in all the different types of chairs which awarded a novelty chair, and gem store chairs, achievement reward chairs, additional achievements added later for sitting in specific chairs...

It was kind of the same with mounts and even bigger things like bringing back Season 1 - a lot of players suggested turning key moments into Fractals (and they sort-of experimented with doing that with the Nightmare Fractal) but in the end they converted the entire thing to the new story format and then did a months long re-run of the entire Living World with new achievements and a new legendary to tie into the release.