Stop time gating the story and being lazy.

It's getting really annoying having to grind out events in-between story steps. I just want to play the story, I have zero interest in doing map events on maps that I don't even want to play on. it feels like this whole expax is just busy work and is a living world season dressed up as an expac. I think this will probably be the last one I buy unless the story starts to get interesting.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

What's the difference between killing kryptis in a private instance and killing them in the open world? 

Don't say something like story related voice acting or story development. Because that's happening in both places too. 

Like, I don't get it. Especially this time when the respawn rates for events are so short, most people thought it's must be bugged. 

• Like 2

It's more like Agile development. You develop smaller deliverables in a reasonable time frame that deliver value to the end user. During this time you're able to re-valuate and re-assess what went well and what didn't and make improvements/changes moving forward. This is how most software companies today work. Any that are still working in waterfall are deluding themselves and I recommend reading this book https://amzn.eu/d/1Uk3H20 to begin with to help you understand this new approach. With a live service game like GW2 this model works even better. You do need to wait for content, but ultimately that content will be much higher quality going forward (in theory).

The only thing I do disagree with is the monetization around getting you to pay upfront for a years worth of content only having access to a small fraction. They could have managed this slightly better in my opinion as you want to kind of try before you commit, otherwise you don't feel like you get your moneys worth.

I'm not trying to defend them, but the approach makes perfect sense from a software development point of view and generally more people, developers and consumers are much happier with the end result. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Crono.4197 said:

Happier for 1-2 hours of new content every 3 months? I don't think so. For me this is even worse than End of Dragons to be honest.

You assume everyone races through all the content at the same pace as you. I haven't even been in the new bit of the latest expansion. Perhaps you should think about what makes you happy playing the game if you just rush through the story content and expect this to be all there is to it. The story has rarely been the main focus for GW2 and there is so much to do in the game I am often overwhelmed. However I cannot play when I feel like or when I feel like. For example I am still working on, and enjoying playing to get the astral armour for the legendary armoury achievement as well as actually doing other things like legendary weapon quests, WvW, chatting to people on the game and so much more.

If you want a story that lasts a long time you might be better off with single player games. BG3 looks like it might fulfil this requirement for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

32 minutes ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

You assume everyone races through all the content at the same pace as you. I haven't even been in the new bit of the latest expansion. Perhaps you should think about what makes you happy playing the game if you just rush through the story content and expect this to be all there is to it. The story has rarely been the main focus for GW2 and there is so much to do in the game I am often overwhelmed. However I cannot play when I feel like or when I feel like. For example I am still working on, and enjoying playing to get the astral armour for the legendary armoury achievement as well as actually doing other things like legendary weapon quests, WvW, chatting to people on the game and so much more.

If you want a story that lasts a long time you might be better off with single player games. BG3 looks like it might fulfil this requirement for you.

Yes it is a very subjective thing and I have heard many people say SotO is their favorite expansion so far and EoD was the worst. I am the opposite. And it is not just the thinner story delivered mostly through infodumps.

I love the look and design of the zones. I enjoy the concept of the story. I think the new skyscale masteries enhance the whole game. But rifts, of boy the rifts. While there are other parts of the game with repetitive content (fractals, strikes, metas, etc), "rifting" is the first time in 11 years I have felt stuck in a rut.

Again, different people look for different things in a game. This expansion just doesn't fit for me as well as every other expansion and LW season. I did not really care about any of the characters except for R'tchikk and Gladium (those two are the best), the story felt too thin and rushed (though there was lots of great lore to read), and we did not even get a cinematic of the tower vanishing at the start, so it always felt like we were in a "tell not show" situation.

I am just hoping a different balance is found for the next one.

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Like 4