Rifts boring

Tanuki.4603

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

This thread is making more OW Rift more interesting : here i fixed it for you :

Are you lost?

No, that's not what this thread is about. This is what it is about:

On 11/18/2023 at 9:57 AM, Tanuki.4603 said:

No one in m guild likes rifts.

I just wish we got more fractals or raids.

So the opposite of what you claim. It's a request for more fractals and raids. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Are you lost?

No, that's not what this thread is about. This is what it is about:

So the opposite of what you claim. It's a request for more fractals and raids. 🤦‍♂️

On 11/18/2023 at 10:57 AM, Tanuki.4603 said:

Anyone else think they are super repetitive...

Being touted as the grand full feature of an expansion they are an immense disappointment.

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Read OP's whole post. From start to finish. He doesn't like rifts and wants more fractals and raids. That's it.

On 11/18/2023 at 10:57 AM, Tanuki.4603 said:

Anyone else think they are super repetitive...

Being touted as the grand full feature of an expansion they are an immense disappointment.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, convergencies are already a thing, you don't need to do rifts. "more loot" doesn't fix any of what you've quoted.

"Anyone else think they are super repetitive..."

8 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Edit: There could be a "coin mechanic" from each rift and from now on,  you can "hold on from activating Rifts " for better rewards , or the system prompt you if someone else havents opened for xxx min  and you get  hella more Essences (so they dont feel grindy)

And  if tossed it you get 10 Essence + a random highter Tier  and speed up the proccess of the next opening rift (community decision >.shave 1 sec from the timer) , or keep and you get 50 essence till the next time you kill the next Rift.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

"Anyone else think they are super repetitive..."

Yeah, if you think they're super repetitive, do convergencies instead. Which give more loot, aren't the same as rifts and are on a timer. Exactly. 🙌

Your idea you keep quoting is incoherent tbh.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yes, rifts boring, so you can do the convergencies instead which allevate all of the listed problems. We don't need some "rifts on a timer", because the main event on a timer that rewards more essences is already a thing. I don't know why you keep quoting what I already responded to. It addresses nothing I say.

So... good luck, I guess.

Edited by Sobx.1758
The post this was responding to is no longer here.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

rifts need to have some changes.

1. there needs to be A LOT more potential spawn points.

2. More than 1 spawn needs to be active if players numbers are high on a map.

3. Rifts should have some mechanical variety.

Its a very similar mechanic to the rifts in the game "Rift", but even there they had variety in the monsters and form and even mechanics. and they spawned much more randomly. (and even there they got old pretty quick, they can be nice side content, they cant be main content, they have to be something you run across and do, they simply are not engaging enough to be the main activity).

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, Cameirus.8407 said:

rifts need to have some changes.

1. there needs to be A LOT more potential spawn points.

2. More than 1 spawn needs to be active if players numbers are high on a map.

3. Rifts should have some mechanical variety.

You forgot one:

4. Rifts should consistently be marked on the map.

Currently they may or may not be indicated on the map.

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 5:37 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

rifts should spawn outta nowhere, everywhere, at any time, and be rewarding enough to want to do them. If you just hunt them and open them however you want, they're just a boring grind.

Rewards is the only reason why players even bother and rift hunting gives nothing valuable for most players. I don't agree with rifts random spawning in the OW. Scanning and opening rifts is a new nice mechanic, and how does random spawning makes them less boring? 😶

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

IMO rifts are one of the most boring content GW2 has to offer. They should have at least some level of surprise ... Like rift pulls everybody from affected area to random GW2 map and force to fight cryptis possessed mobs from this map, at least in some cases, with corresponding reward variance. Current implementation is just lazy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

how does random spawning makes them less boring?

I said less grindy, not less boring.

11 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

Like rift pulls everybody from affected area to random GW2 map and force to fight cryptis possessed mobs from this map, at least in some cases, with corresponding reward variance.

that sounds cool!

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

Like rift pulls everybody from affected area to random GW2 map and force to fight cryptis possessed mobs from this map, at least in some cases, with corresponding reward variance.

It's easy to make it more exciting.

1. Make 3 phase, not 2 phase. During 50% initial rift mobs clear have chance to pull participants to random map.

2. Random map should provide local mobs affected by cryptis. Final boss - local map mini boss (like Dredge commisar) modified by kryptis. Have unique drop.

3. Allow motivations to be modified with specific map materials to increase chance of spawning specific map in case of teleportation proc. to allow ppl to group up hunting specific rewards/bosses (chance based on number of motivations used).

4. Have bunch of related achievements.

Here you go, whole mini expansion of ideas for free.

• Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I said less grindy, not less boring.

that sounds cool!

You said boring grind. Ok if you want to be picky about it, let me rephrase the question; how does random spawning makes them a less boring grind? Random spawning is like random OW events and yeah we need more of that because it definitely makes the grinding less boring 🙄

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Mazreal Blackknight.1564 said:

They are boring and useless unless you are going for the new armor. Seeing how I already have 3 sets of legendary armor I am not going for it. So Rifts outside of the very little AP they offer I am not bothering with them.

I don't have any legendary anything and have no interest in obtaining any, so yeah rifts don't bring anything to the table for me either.

• Confused 1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:09 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

Read OP's whole post. From start to finish. He doesn't like rifts and wants more fractals and raids. That's literally it.

Well they are allowed to have their opinion of what they want from the game. Lots of us like instanced raid/fractal/dungeon content. Rifts are boring if you like that stuff, and I'm sure vice versa. 

I'm in the same camp and have been very disappointed with Soto largely as a whole so far. Focusing on open world legendary armor for an entire expansion is obviously going to be dull for people who already have it. I was doing my weekly rifts for a while but motivations aren't worth crafting to sell anymore so unless you want to collect the skyscale weapon skins I don't really feel like I have a need to do them at all. Since they are a massive core expansion feature and we only got 2 strikes some of us are feeling a bit left out. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

You forgot one:

4. Rifts should consistently be marked on the map.

Currently they may or may not be indicated on the map.

That is the main issue I have with Rift's: you can't look at main map or minimap (compass) to see where to go and need to use the rather annoying rain/snow/star fall effect to find out in what direction to move and be lucky enough to get there in time.

With PoF Bounty system you could at least put a personal maker on map if you where as when you took down a Bounty from Bounty table you would see where Bounty would be and could put a personal WP marker on map or use squad marker to show/ping where to go.

You could also see how close you would be from Bounty boss (and avoid getting too close to start that events countdown as map marker would change from Bounty marker into a Bounty marker with a circle), with Rift this only show up when you are close enough to an active Rift and it seem to be buggy in some cases where don't see anything until you are right above it and can see in game world marker for Rift.

Those "Rift" work as nodes meaning they have the same location, the only difference is on what timer (rotation) they are on map as if they recently been done then there is next Rift that will be active until closed (and put on CD).

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437