WvW server recommendations

Titanimite.2534

13 minutes ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

Not going to be important for much longer. I'd just stay where you are. Find a guild/community you're comfortable playing with. That's where it's going.

Very valid point, with the WR incoming your time is better spent finding others versus a server.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BraxXx.1047 said:

Is WvW going to get independend of the server? I was looking for an EU WvW Server too...

Anet has been talking about releasing "alliances" or "WvW restructuring" for years now, but nothing happened. I think by the time they actually come out, you will already be done with WvW.

For EU I recommend every server that isn't Gandara.

14 hours ago, BraxXx.1047 said:

currently on kodash

Kodash is a dead server since several years, especially without it's linking partner. Most players and guilds only join that server because of the linking and leaving it for/during relink.

Our guild transfered from Kodash to FoW over a year ago.

Full server with players around 24/7, but also many queues. Lovely guilds like ExYu or Dmon supporting the server.  Well, and cloud zerging most of the time, even when commanders are leading. 

And yes, there should be an alliance system, but when will it finally be available?!

Edited by Ares Alpha.6725

52 minutes ago, Ares Alpha.6725 said:

Kodash is a dead server since several years, especially without it's linking partner. Most players and guilds only join that server because of the linking and leaving it for/during relink.

Full server with players around 24/7, but also many queues. Lovely guilds like ExYu or Dmon supporting the server.  Well, and cloud zerging most of the time, even when commanders are leading. 

And yes, there should be an alliance system, but when will it finally be available?!

I'm just saying that if everyone were to approach this game mode the same way you do, I wonder how long it would take to make 80% of the servers 'dead'' and stack all the other 4 or 5 servers that remain together. Fortunately, we are not all the same. or this mode would have crashed many years ago.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I'm just saying that if everyone were to approach this game mode the same way you do, I wonder how long it would take to make 80% of the servers 'dead'' and stack all the other 4 or 5 servers that remain together. Fortunately, we are not all the same. or this mode would have crashed many years ago.

He asked for a recommendation, that's it.

Why playing on a dead server? We had been on Kodash for years and nothing changed. It got even worse, we couldn't even find players at the end to recruit and stopped playing WvW. 3 transfers in 11 years for the guild.

16 minutes ago, Ares Alpha.6725 said:

He asked for a recommendation, that's it.

Why playing on a dead server? We had been on Kodash for years and nothing changed. It got even worse, we couldn't even find players at the end to recruit and stopped playing WvW. 3 transfers in 11 years for the guild.

I understand what you're saying. it's just that I'm sorry when I read 'dead server''. Because everyone should have their content to offer. The matching system and the 4 thresholds that define the size of the server are there on purpose. A servant with a smaller activity should be guaranteed a suitable match. so that the content is always available to everyone. That is theoretically. But go figure out what's going on in WVW this last year, it's pretty much impossible.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I understand what you're saying. it's just that I'm sorry when I read 'dead server''. Because everyone should have their content to offer. The matching system and the 4 thresholds that define the size of the server are there on purpose. A servant with a smaller activity should be guaranteed a suitable match. so that the content is always available to everyone. That is theoretically. But go figure out what's going on in WVW this last year, it's pretty much impossible.

That's true. We also were sorry to leave, but there was nothing left. So instead of losing guild members for not playing WvW, we decided to transfer. 

Thank you for the answers. It's not like i'm fleeing from a server, it's just hard to start over - especially if you liked WvW back then when no expansion was out. FoW = Fissure of Woe? I've just found a post about Kodash being linked with Ring of Fire in december. Maybe ill wait for that 😕

1 hour ago, BraxXx.1047 said:

being linked with Ring of Fire in december. Maybe ill wait

You don't have to wait. These two server are currently linked for two more weeks. You can see that by opening WvW-Menue and drag your cursor over Ring of Fire with the house symbol. It should show you Ring of Fire + Kodash.

FoW = Fissure of Woe, yes.

Edited by Ares Alpha.6725

On 12/13/2023 at 10:12 PM, BraxXx.1047 said:

Thank you for your fast response, im currently on kodash...is it worth switching (e.g. to Elona Reach / Riverside)?

If you want to stick to Germans then Elona no, Riverside yes.
Unfortunately they have no linking parter this round and are screwed.

On 12/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, Ares Alpha.6725 said:

FoW is the worst server in the EU.
ANet should move that server to NA, so they can bother with the toxic and infantile collection of Fissure.
Being linked to them is worse than having them as enemy (which sucks too).

On 12/14/2023 at 6:37 PM, diomache.9246 said:

Drakkar Lake is the server of choice.

„Das Boot ist voll“

srsly. Drakkar is nice. I am there since …. Ever but only recently play wvw so why switch now?

for me, it’s a good community and in all honesty, i dislike the idea of alliances very much. This betaweek some time ago was terrible cause i missed the linking and all of a sudden, all the server seemed to be sonewhere else.

alliances are only needed if you don’t have a proper servercommhnity. Change my mind.