FSP vs WSR - something must be wrong with the matchup system?

erKo.9586

On 12/13/2023 at 10:20 PM, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

We at Drakkar Lake got the displeasure to "play" against WSR. They are literally holding two servers hostage at the same time for almost the entire week, while spawn camping the home servers and EB. I don't even know why this server has a link.

You gotta turn the situation on them. Don't go EB. Their queues are so big for EB they can't jump maps and if they can't do anything on EBG. Go where they are weak and leave if they queue up there.
They are like thief roamers. You don't play their game, leave them and play yours.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Has anyone suggested that we overlook communities or the possibility of forming communities?

I reject the notion that communities have been overlooked.

Anet could have deleted servers years ago.  Or they could have merged servers even.  They did not, instead implementing linking, and then they invested in a system designed around giving players the ability to form communities through guilds (theoretically alliances too).

Why?  Because player acceptance to what those other options do to current community would have been even less than what it is with WR.

• Thanks 2

On 12/5/2023 at 5:17 PM, ande.9832 said:

since they have the best players eu west atm. no offence against other servers, its just the amount of good players what makes them chads.

This.
You're just mad because one of the best players eu + 9  other best players eu killed you when you roamed alone.
Just get good like these best players!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Anet could have deleted servers years ago.  Or they could have merged servers even.  They did not, instead implementing linking, and then they invested in a system designed around giving players the ability to form communities through guilds (theoretically alliances too).

Why?  Because player acceptance to what those other options do to current community would have been even less than what it is with WR.

Actually they chose to not merge servers because low intelligence people would take it as sign of the game dying. It was just marketing move in expense of matchmaking balance. I refuse to believe they did not see how terrible current system is. Like the population status and transfer costs are right on your face.

We even saw Full+Full linkings that won every skirmish for whole linking years ago. At that point it was obvious to anyone.

Edited by Riba.3271

54 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Actually they chose to not merge servers because low intelligence people would take it as sign of the game dying.

aCtUAlLY...

"2. Acceptance – Our two ‘quick’ solutions were World Linking and World Merging. We went with World Linking because we felt players would be more likely to approve it, due to it better preserving the identity of all original worlds, and being more flexible than a more traditional World Merging solution."

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Additional-World-Linking-Information/page/1#post6172091

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I reject the notion that communities have been overlooked.

You have to excuse me Chaba, I don't have to change your personal opinion, but how can you reject this idea? At a time when we're going to completely reshuffle the content of the server every 4 weeks, do you want to tell me what we're doing? How can I identify myself in a server at that point. If you want to keep this server-based game mode (world vs world) it seems to me that we are moving in the opposite direction.

Clearing servers to better reshuffle and redistribute players is perfectly fine. It doesn't offend anyone if you delete their server when you apply it to everyone equally. Players who want to stay together will use an umbrella guild, and that's fine too. But then you have to give me the time. That new server must become the 'my' server.

I need to get to know the other players. I have to learn other people's schedules and habits. I need time. I need to figure out when and how to make the most of the content this new server has. etc etc. I say the seasons must be 1 year old. Of course, in the meantime Anet has to worry about how to control and manage transfers. And if things don't work out well, Anet must reserve the opportunity to launch an extraordinary reshuffle. to put things back in order. Within the parameters that Anet has established. parameters that ensure credible server competition. Parameters that should be public and shared between Anet and their community of players. If these parameters are missing, it is useless to continue, it is better to launch an extraordinary reset of all the servers and start again.

This is an attitude and a way to promote the concept of community and the concept of servers. A meal every 4 or 8 weeks, on the other hand, is the exact opposite.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

On 12/13/2023 at 10:20 PM, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

We at Drakkar Lake got the displeasure to "play" against WSR. They are literally holding two servers hostage at the same time for almost the entire week, while spawn camping the home servers and EB. I don't even know why this server has a link.

I know i was there. Fun thing is, the moment we properly grouped and green did too, they were pushed back and it was quite okay.

they just have a lot of people at any given time. I just did farm pve / lego amulet last week. Simple as.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noname.4231 said:

WSR is wrong, the system is wrong
why???
because we've created a community... 
instead of learning you blame the system and the server
you want to change everything but yourself
that's funny

Your post is giving me flashbacks to the old wvw matchup threads from 10 years ago. Are you sure you didn't copy some old Blackgate post?