Cleansing Flame is worth a small buff

Ezrael.6859

Cleansing Flame removes conditions on allies that you use the skill on, this is an extremely niche part of the skill and not often utilised.

I think this should be updated to not only remove conditions from allies in the flames but to also remove conditions from the Guardian while breathing these flames, this is a slow skill with a long channel that must be used at close range to enemies or allies.

If you have allies that need conditions removed directly in front of you then it is likely that you need the same conditions removed or you are actively receiving incoming conditions while trying to remove them from those allies, if the skill was updated to also benefit the Guardian at the same time then it would actually make it a worthwhile skill to channel at close range while standing in danger across multiple game modes.

Ideally it should be updated to transfer conditions from the Guardian onto enemies being hit, but that's an area of gameplay we probably won't get for Guardian unfortunately; we already had our ability to remove boons on enemies stripped from us back in June 2015 when the Searing Flames trait was removed from the game.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 9:29 AM, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I’d rather they just get rid of the cleansing part and up the damage via strike damage or a couple more stacks of burning, then rename it to Vengeance Flames or something. 

I would go the opposite direction to be honest. Make it more of a support/dps hybrid and leave pistol offhand as THE condi dps weapon. 

Also I hate torch for condi dps. Mostly cause of radiant fire though.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

? Pistol???

Offhand pistol is too dependent on comboing with mainhand pistol - unless that gets changed, condi guardian will still need torch for their other set unless the intent is for P/- + -/P builds to be the norm.

9 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Offhand pistol is too dependent on comboing with mainhand pistol - unless that gets changed, condi guardian will still need torch for their other set unless the intent is for P/- + -/P builds to be the norm.

[sPvP]
I will say that hybrid form of condi/power bursts doesn't work in any shape or form and I don't see a "condi meta" forming anytime soon. This has a lot to do with the amount of individual cleanses each class has.

That said, off-hand pistol power oriented damage feels awesome while mainhand pistol is a tossup. Mainhand pistol has 1 good damage skill.... that's the only saving grace.