So the Captain came out with a new video.

WingSwipe.3084

Captain came out with a new video that summarises warriors woes pretty well.

"One class got their pokedex adjusted, mesmers got an entire trait line reworked on top of weapon buffs and theif got a weapon rework.
Meanwhile, Warriors, the class most desperate for a rework got buffs to a heal build that isnt out yet, a gimmick trait that no one is going to use (Hightened) anyway, one trait botched, an elite spec butchered (memesworn in pvp) and cooldown on the elast reliable skill in the game so you can miss it even more often (Tremor)".

Dont get me wrong, the Berserker changes are great for pve, now apply them in PVP so we can get the damage train back on track without 15s intervals where you cant access the only state where you deal acceptable damage.

Berserker for PvE Feels pretty good right now so lets get that work going on PvP Berserker.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Oh yeah, and Furious Burst still hasnt had its cooldown reduced, we are nearing ONE MONTH OUT FROM THE PATCH.

This has effectivley nerfed crippled the trait and makes it give boons dramatically less then its previous itteration.

Any other class would have had this hotfixed the day after the patch was launched.

ALSO, CRACK SHOT IS STILL NOT FIXED, IT GIVES CDR TO BRUTAL SHOT AND BRUTAL SHOT ONLY.

There are also still a massive issues with the aftercast of Slicing Malestrom, giving it a solid second of animation lock for human male warriors, or is this a thing in general on warrior?
This issue gets you killed in PvP a suprising amount if you want to use the only boonrip option for Berserkers.

Did i miss anything?

Game Update Notes: November 28, 2023

• Furious Burst: This trait no longer grants fury when using a burst skill and instead grants fury when swapping weapons. Reduced the cooldown from 15 seconds to 4 seconds. Reduced the fury duration from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Oh yeah, and Furious Burst still hasnt had its cooldown reduced, we are nearing ONE MONTH OUT FROM THE PATCH.

This has effectivley nerfed crippled the trait and makes it give boons dramatically less then its previous itteration.

Any other class would have had this hotfixed the day after the patch was launched.

ALSO, CRACK SHOT IS STILL NOT FIXED, IT GIVES CDR TO BRUTAL SHOT AND BRUTAL SHOT ONLY.

There are also still a massive issues with the aftercast of Slicing Malestrom, giving it a solid second of animation lock for human male warriors, or is this a thing in general on warrior?
This issue gets you killed in PvP a suprising amount if you want to use the only boonrip option for Berserkers.

Did i miss anything?

Game Update Notes: November 28, 2023

• Furious Burst: This trait no longer grants fury when using a burst skill and instead grants fury when swapping weapons. Reduced the cooldown from 15 seconds to 4 seconds. Reduced the fury duration from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

The Burst Precision buff doesn't apply/work with Scorched Earth 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

*Sits down with em' in the dark corner of the pub.*

I ask ye' elder, is it gross incompetence or targeted malice?
Not that either is justifiable. 

Methinks it's a little bit of both; like when someone gets called for not doing a thing they should be doing/doing a thing they shouldn't have, and instead of correcting it they decide they don't like the tone of what they got critiqued on and start doing it harder, this time on purpose.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

*Empties fifth flagon*

Why can't it be both incompetence and targeted malice? Doesn't mean that the targeted malice has to be done well.

*Pours the sixth flagon*

I planned for or malice, not incompetent malice. This is outside my scope of expertice.
Besides that, lovely seeing ya' here, how ya' been?

17 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Methinks it's a little bit of both; like when someone gets called for not doing a thing they should be doing/doing a thing they shouldn't have, and instead of correcting it they decide they don't like the tone of what they got critiqued on and start doing it harder, this time on purpose.

So the feelin' of  "Its Targeted" isnt in my head, good to know.

Also, terribly sorry about your PvP career, shame its come to this.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Ahlaradra.5837 said:

How terrified should we be that they did not even fix the 15 seconds cooldown on that one skill in the patch a few days ago?
Or did they? 

I think you are assuming a bit too much when it comes to ANets awareness of such things. Which is to say...lack of awareness. At least that is how it typically looks to the playerbase because they are consistently and tragically bad at communication.

Do they have a Community team? Like is it just Rubi? Is Rubi even part of it anymore even?

Edited by KryTiKaL.3125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I think you are assuming a bit too much when it comes to ANets awareness of such things. Which is to say...lack of awareness. At least that is how it typically looks to the playerbase because they are consistently and tragically bad at communication.

Do they have a Community team? Like is it just Rubi? Is Rubi even part of it anymore even?

Forgive me for assuming. It was bold. This just seemed like a glaring oversight that player reports surely made them aware of immediately.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ahlaradra.5837 said:

Forgive me for assuming. It was bold. This just seemed like a glaring oversight that player reports surely made them aware of immediately.

When it comes to ANet the only rational assumption to make is that they don't know and come to their own conclusions without ever looking at community feedback. Sometimes they may accidentally stumble into doing something similar to or adjacent to something provided in feedback by the community, but at this point it does purely seem like an absolute accident and nothing more.

Competence implies the ability to consistently do things like that. 😓

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Ahlaradra.5837 said:

This just seemed like a glaring oversight that player reports surely made them aware of immediately.

I doubt this is related to being aware of it. Them simply refusing to fix the cool down does not seem unlikely to me.

After all, they have refused to fix Rush for over 11 years now and on Staff we get a second variant of it with probably all its issues.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

like i said since 2012, pvp wise, warrior needs better skills mechanic, sure you buff trait lines and stuff, good, but trait lines are not the core problem for warrior, even they were not that good.

warrior trait lines aren't that bad, to begin with.

now you buff all the traits to a point that, warrior is the only class that has core traits far superior to elite spec traits, yet still strength and arm are subpar because warrior skills don't support its game play unless you also cooperate heavy sustain buff into these supposed crit and damage focused trait lines, which is unrealistic.

the newly buffed aggressive onslaught is insane and can easily be counted as one of the best traits in game, yet still, unable to be played by warrior, new burst precision? good. but still unable to be played by warrior.

after having basically the entire set of trait lines reworked for warrior, i'm safe to say, warrior has the one of the best trait lines in the game, yet the old problem still persists,

arm line still unplayable, strength line still unplayable outside of MMR

clearly, the problem is not the trait line, warrior does not have the skill mechanic foundation to allow these traits to be played

but now you can't easily buff skills due to having over the top traits. nice job anet. you just made it harder to fix the actual problem.

same for mace, like kitten skills no matter how much damage and cooldown reduce you give, it will still be kitten. i thought you would learn after all these years

"please play off hand mace" hahaha

Edited by Lighter.5631

On 1/1/2024 at 5:07 AM, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Comparing warrior playability with bagpipe playability, sometimes the truth just hurts. 

At this point I wouldn't be surprised, if there actually are more bagpipe players than Warrior mains in GW2.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 2