since we got no new content this year, for a week can we agree to fight differently?

Knighthonor.4061

since we got no new content this year, for a week can we agree to fight differently?

I was thinking, what if we had an agreed location for open field siege battles? where that location should be, not sure. Maybe yall can suggest a good open spot for this that leaves room for zergs from all sides but also room for open field placements.

any other ideas for how we can shake things up for a week?         

maybe no tags or squads for a week.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

We had golems requiring 1 supply to build, the contesting sword not being shown on map and I think one random one where dead peeps would drop something that we could pick up and we would get the heal and utility of their core class. Also, no downstate, all anet has to do is click a box and activate the event....

Edited by asterix.9614
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Let's put all the WvW devs in a room,they are free to leave that room when they come up with a good idea.
Might take some time but we are used to waiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I was thinking, what if we had an agreed location for open field siege battles?

Saturday afternoon, 3 different zergs where bagging their brains out in smc for 3 hours. That was fun as heck.

dunno who „won“ in terms of points, we probably fed mosg bags but it was still really enjoyable.

besides that: i am happy if useless „presents“ don’t clutter my inventory anymore.

Edited by CafPow.1542

15 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Getting Marked shows you to all three teams on the map. People seeing the red dots on the map won't know if it's friendly or foe until told, but they know there's people there for a fight!

lol, do we get to mark our own side too? This could be a funny week. Now I have Mad Max running in my head. WITNESS ME!!!! Go ahead mark me and then you wait over there and jump them while they charge me, but drop them fast there are more coming. oh boi, ok that was too many, and what's that Asuran doing with my tail they tore off. That's just rude.

7 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, do we get to mark our own side too? This could be a funny week. Now I have Mad Max running in my head. WITNESS ME!!!! Go ahead mark me and then you wait over there and jump them while they charge me, but drop them fast there are more coming. oh boi, ok that was too many, and what's that Asuran doing with my tail they tore off. That's just rude.

Yes, marked to everyone else on the map. 🤭

Target painters would be so useful. Even if your side is outnumbered, you could maybe help scout for the 3rd team if they have a zerg on too. 🤭

You could plan ambushes as you mention.

Edited by XenesisII.1540

Add mounts and reduced pips to EoTM, move back up the reward track progress and then add some events there. I used to think gliding but after revisiting, leave off the gliding, but mounts for the run backs and for all the times you would fall since the Warclaw turns on a dime and all. Plus if EoTM turns back into a more populated overflow map depending on how WR works or doesn't people will have been able to learn the map some before trying after they suddenly find queues everywhere if things don't work as intended.

• Like 1