Gathering tools

Mechtec.3827

I agree, I bought infinite volatile magic tools years ago and regret the decision because I change characters very frequently - like up to 5 time per hour when playing. It's too difficult to constantly be changing them between characters, and with all the portal scrolls needed to play the game now all my shared inventory slots are full and I can't afford to invest in buying more of them. So only one of my characters uses the infinite tools and the rest just continue to use normal tools. It's really a bummer. It would still be annoying but I could live with it if they made the infinite tools a single inventory slot bundle item, but them taking up 3 slots is way too much to switch characters every time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

Thanks didn't think of that!   kind of of chore!  swapping each one at a time into share bag!

It is a bit of a chore, but I find it becomes easier if you leave a set of placeholder tools in 3 slots of your shared bag. Then, all you need to do is double click on each of those tools, and it'll swap into your character (and your infinite tools will go into the shared slot).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

It is a bit of a chore, but I find it becomes easier if you leave a set of placeholder tools in 3 slots of your shared bag. Then, all you need to do is double click on each of those tools, and it'll swap into your character (and your infinite tools will go into the shared slot).

Do note that each of your characters will have to have placeholder tools aswell for this to work.

Then all you have to remember doing is 3 double clicks on entery and exit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Do note that each of your characters will have to have placeholder tools aswell for this to work.

Then all you have to remember doing is 3 double clicks on entery and exit.

that sounds very good, some smart people out there!  my thinker is a lot slower nowadays!

On 12/27/2023 at 10:43 PM, costepj.5120 said:

It sounds like a real chore, but after a little while it just becomes second nature.

After 2.5 years I still often forget to switch 😞

But I have 2 sets in the shared slots so I'm not completely doomed in my laziness to log to the other char to switch the tools again.

But I don't like how that system is, not user friendly enough for my use.

• Like 2

I too am in the camp of having one character using the special tools while the rest use the standard ones. However, my friend who also plays Guild Wars (and frankly, is much more organized and logical then me 🙂 ) has a method for tracking who has the special tools. His characters have specific color themes, and he is using the various Karma tools to track this. He equips the set of karma tools whose colors best match each character, so that when he logs in he can tell who has the special tools based on the color of the Karma tools in the shared slots.

Edited by KerryTT.4792
better phrasing

I just keep 3 infinite tools in shared inventory slots and drag them back when I'm done on a character. I know it takes slightly longer each time than having duplicate sets, but we're talking a second or two, it's not enough of a difference that it seems worth getting duplicate tools to swap them out with.

It also means I don't accidentally use the wrong tools, because if I try to gather something without the infinite ones equipped it just won't do anything, and if I leave them on a character it's similarly obvious because an empty space is more noticeable than a slightly different tool icon.