It's a New Year! Can we fix Lion's Pride in 2024?

3 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Okay, and now I'm done taking you seriously. If that's your whole reason for wanting it to stay the way it is, I no longer care. 10 silver, the world is ending....

His reason for preferring the current state is as reasonable as yours. More so really because he isnt requesting that developer resources be spent for personal gain.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

His reason for preferring the current state is as reasonable as yours. More so really because he isnt requesting that developer resources be spent for personal gain.

Alright, fine, you wanna play that game, I'll play that game. What bout MY 10 silver having to waypoint BACK to Cantha ON TOP OF the time spent on load screens because I have to go from one LA to another LA before I can even waypoint in the first place? Have fun squaring that peg.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Hmm there is the home instance teleport stone. That lets you teleport back to your starting point or walk out of your home instance and into your racial capital city.  It really isn't a lounge pass, though it does cost gems.

You know, I forgot about that thing. Sad part is, I have one in my shared inventory slots....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Alright, fine, you wanna play that game, I'll play that game. What bout MY 10 silver having to waypoint BACK to Cantha ON TOP OF the time spent on load screens because I have to go from one LA to another LA before I can even waypoint in the first place? Have fun squaring that peg.

Use one of the passes you have if that's what you want. Lions Pride doesn't work like a pass because it's not one. Exactly the same eotn/arborstone/tower don't work like passes. You're just randomly deciding now that THIS one player hub should work like a gemstore pass because, well, who knows.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Use the lions arch arborstone portal or the scroll to cut down your travel cost?

Have not used the old LA pass since the first time I got it.  Which other passes (non gem store) let you go back to where you were?  Arborstone, Sunspear, the LW seasons all do not....so now I might use it for a free pass to LA occasionally lol.  I mostly use the guild hall or portals in lounge passes though.  Wasn't this just added to console the players who dislike the newer LA aesthetic?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Have not used the old LA pass since the first time I got it.  Which other passes (non gem store) let you go back to where you were?  Arborstone, Sunspear, the LW seasons all do not....so now I might use it for a free pass to LA occasionally lol.  I mostly use the guild hall or portals in lounge passes though.  Wasn't this just added to console the players who dislike the newer LA aesthetic?

It was. It was just a little thing they threw back to us as they were remastering Scarlet's War and said "The map still exists. Let's just make a thing that lets you teleport to it" as a kind gesture, and kind it was. I'm glad we have it.

The thing that separates Lion's Pride from the Arborstone, Wizard's Tower, and the LW Portal Tomes is that they're all places on the world map. You don't need the portal to get there; you can literally walk. And if you do portal there, you can just waypoint back out. You have options and so they were never meant to go both ways. One way trip to that spot and then you can go whereever you want. Old LA isn't like that. Old LA might be a shared map (not that you can tell most of the time) but it exists completely in its own world. You can't open the map and just waypoint out of it. Now TECHNICALLY you can walk out of the north or south gates and that will dump you in the Gendarren Fields or Bloodtide Coast respectively, but otherwise to leave you just use the key again....and it takes you to New Lion's Arch. Why. If I use the Arborstone Scroll in Arborstone it doesn't send me back to Seitung. If I use the the Wizard's Tower scroll it doesn't send me back to Amnytas.

It's completely unique in this way, and all I'm asking is for one little tweak: Just put us back where we were when we used it OR as I stated earlier give us a choice! Open it up, have a menu of options and pick Return or New LA. For that matter make EVERYONE happy and have it able to teleport you to Old OR New LA. We worked for it, we earned it, apparently lots of people just it as a roundabout way to teleport to LA anyway. So just a few lines of code....actually they probably use a GUI editing tool for this now so it's even easier, and everyone is happy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

The thing that separates Lion's Pride from the Arborstone, Wizard's Tower, and the LW Portal Tomes is that they're all places on the world map. You don't need the portal to get there; you can literally walk. And if you do portal there, you can just waypoint back out.

Then the only change LP might deserve here is to be able to open map and use waypoints with exact same price points as LA has.
Your solution is mismatched with the complaint.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hmm the old LA pass kinda reminds me of "invatation to the party" which teleports you to the nearest ongoing festival, or to your home city.   The invatation really is just to get you to festivals and as a bonus it can take you back home.  The old LA pass really is just to take you to old LA and as a bonus it can take you to current LA.  I believe that both teleport items are meant to be one trick ponies.  
I also think that the lounges aren't realy meant to be destinations, they are hubs of convenience.  The lounges are transitional places to help you to get to a map, a crafting goal, or a storage facility.  By contrast the festivals and old LA are destinations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not all items to port you back. The festival portal item for example ports you to the beginnger map of your race. (I. e. Queensdale for a human character.) Not returning you back to the place you accessed it from. I do not really need a change here. Might be "too good" then and I guess ArenaNet did not include this on purpose to other items that port you back to the place you used them from ... stay a bit more exclusive regarding this feature.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1