Getting beyond sick with Maps being full and having to cue

why isnt there some other way to handle maps being full, besides having to cue up and then you miss the event because the cue is too large or you try to make your empty map succeed at the meta and you cant because nobody joins, or your guild is in a meta map and you cant join because pugs went in and its full.

20 years of this ever since gw1 of having to spam districts or now cue (personally i preferred spamming because I could spam faster than most and get in even though it was annoying.)

Why is there like no phasing in this game like wow does? maybe some new technology that hasn't been seen yet where the goal is that you dont have to cue, you dont have to wait, its just whatever map you want to be in and everyone can come and somehow the extreme amount of players in that map could also be handled/balanced for the meta mechanics.  I know its a tall order but were talking 20 YEARS of putting up with this in almost all mmo's.  THERE is seriously no solution to this, other than our current antiquated systems? It gets really old, and its a huge problem, not only breaks the immersion of the game but every meta feels like a chore/job because you constantly have to spam lfg to find the "right map."  Or even worse you have to show up early and stand around forever just to guarantee you're in the "right map."

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 2

• Jumpin Lumpix.6108 changed the title to Getting beyond sick with Maps being full and having to cue
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you get pushed to the new instance, your guild can jump to you instead. And if it's about random lfg squads, stop trying to join late.

all you did was point  out the exact things that I said were annoying. I dont see how thats a solution lol.  And you once again made the same case as you always do that the game is perfect the way it is.  WELL ITS NOT, otherwise they wouldn't need forums or feedback like i just gave by making this thread.

I mean you think showing up to a meta event 15 min early or in some cases 1 hr early to be in the "right" map is reasonable?  Its like a job (its worse than a job) and then people wonder why MMO's arent doing so great and everyone is shifting to cell phone games/gatcha games.

• Confused 12
  • Sad 2

What metas are like that?

I don't often play pve but I like the rather new queue system for pve. For HoT metas it worked well for me so far.
I don't spam join I just left the map before when I couldn't find a working instance.

I guess you mean Teq or Pinata? There it is really like you need to pop up like 20 min before or you gamble and get lucky.

• Like 4

Don't dilly dally with bags and junk. Move on to the next event. 

There is no real solution. I'd say for what gw2 is and how it's open world works. It's actually way less of an issue than 98% of other mmos. Not much to complain about. This is unfortunately the limits of servers.

Edited by Wolfofdivinity.6251
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

What metas are like that?

I don't often play pve but I like the rather new queue system for pve. For HoT metas it worked well for me so far.
I don't spam join I just left the map before when I couldn't find a working instance.

I guess you mean Teq or Pinata? There it is really like you need to pop up like 20 min before or you gamble and get lucky.

dragons end meta sometimes reults in map filling up 1-2 hrs before the event, pinata can be 40 min at reset.  most maps at reset are at least 30 min, on average, maps are 10-15 min before meta starts or get lucky and hope there is overflow id say about 25% of the time there isnt enough players for overflow to succeed (even higher on dragons end map).  This results in you getting to stand around, never cue in and you wasted 30-40 min with nothing to show for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 3

I don't quite understand the complaint. You are upset that the map is full, and there are so many people queuing for the map that you'll never get in? Doesn't that mean that there are a lot of people sitting around in the map that you're waiting in? Why don't you just do the meta with those people?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, frazazel.7501 said:

I don't quite understand the complaint. You are upset that the map is full, and there are so many people queuing for the map that you'll never get in? Doesn't that mean that there are a lot of people sitting around in the map that you're waiting in? Why don't you just do the meta with those people?

it depends sometime there is a handful of people who cant get in.  Map is too full for any of them to participate and there isnt enough of them to field a new meta map.  Either way to even get into the right map you have to check LFG find the right map, try to cue find out that one has a wait of 25 players, drop squad, drop cue, find another meta IP rinse and repeat.  If you join too many squads trying to get into a meta map it gives you a cooldown  because "you joined too many squads in quick succession".  The whole thing is antiquated, annoying and cumbersome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

dragons end meta sometimes reults in map filling up 1-2 hrs before the event, pinata can be 40 min at reset.  most maps at reset are at least 30 min, on average, maps are 10-15 min before meta starts or get lucky and hope there is overflow id say about 25% of the time there isnt enough players for overflow to succeed (even higher on dragons end map).  If not you get to stand around, never cue in and you wasted 30-40 min.

I have done my share of Dragon's End. I've done my share of Pinata. Nothing of what you said was ever experienced by me, not even remotely. Pinata does not fill 30 minutes early, like never. Dragon's End fills at most 30-40 minutes early, not 1-2 hours.

Here is what I'm going to assume: you are late and not paying attention to event timers. You decide to join maps which are already full way to late. You now make up numbers which you inflate because being told that 5 minutes earlier might have gotten you in sounds less reasonable with an exaggerated timer than with a shorter one.

Here is a suggestion: join maps earlier.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I have done my share of Dragon's End. I've done my share of Pinata. Nothing f what you said was ever experienced by me, not even remotely. Pinata does not fill 30 minutes early, like never. Dragon's End fills at most 30-40 minutes early, not 1-2 hours.

Here is what I'm going to assume you are late and not paying attention to event timers. You decide to join maps which are already full way to late. You now make up numbers which you inflate because being told that 5 minutes earlier might have gotten you in sounds less reasonable with an exaggerated timer than with a shorter one.

Here is a suggestion: join maps earlier.

well ok this is my experience i do meta events religiously im literally in a guild called "META" because thats all we usually do.  Ive seen cues last this long, its not often but it does happen.  IN my opinion having to wait even 15 min is too long.  Especially for older metas.  If a meta has 10 min before start and the cue is anything over 20 you wont get in, in time and most metas chain back to back, so you cant really show up early for them unless you're laser focused on just doing that meta.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

all you did was point  out the exact things that I said were annoying. I dont see how thats a solution lol. 

If not joining meta late is annoying to you then you're creating your own problem -by trying to hop on other players' backs- and I'm glad it works like it does.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If not joining meta late is annoying to you then you're creating your own problem -by trying to hop on other players' backs- and I'm glad it works like it does.

lol so chaining metas going from one to the next is leeching.  thats a strange way of looking at the game.  You obviously arent too familiar on how meta chaining works or the fact that it was designed this way by the devs, or that it doesn't always work properly with the current cue system all the time, or that it leads to a frustrating and laborious ritual of constantly having to try to get into the right map.  But we get it, you think the game is perfect lol

• Confused 9
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

well ok this is my experience i do meta events religiously im literally in a guild called "META" because thats all we usually do.  Ive seen cues last this long, its not often but it does happen.  IN my opinion having to wait even 15 min is too long.  Especially for older metas.

Okay, that I can understand. Yes, 15 minutes queues are long and unfortunate when they happen. It all depends on how desirable the content is and which events are happening at the same time (both festival wise as well as competing meta events) and ultiamtely how many players want to tag up.

Queues now offer players an easy way to see how many other players desire to do this event and hopefully organize more maps. That's better than before. In the end, it's up to players to make the most of this. Sometimes it works, and a last minute map develops, sometimes it doesn't. The best I see here would be a better LFG overview of active maps/content.

• Like 6

Just now, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

lol so chaining metas going from one to the next is leeching.  thats a strange way of looking at the game.  You obviously arent too familiar on how meta chaining works or the fact that it was designed this way by the devs.

There's rarely an issue with joining instances while chaining the meta and if there is, it usually means you can do it in an overflow instance anyways. Trying to tell me I don't know how meta chaining works is laughable, but nice try. 😄

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

There's rarely an issue with joining instances while chaining the meta and if there is, it usually means you can do it in an overflow instance anyways. Trying to tell me I don't know how meta chaining works is laughable, but nice try. 😄

there it is "USUALLY" you can do it an overflow instance lol  right so the game isnt perfect.  got it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

there it is "USUALLY" you can do it an overflow instance lol  right

Yup, usually you can. If you don't want to get put in an overflow map, don't join metas late. Exactly right.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, usually you can. If you don't want to get put in an overflow map, don't join metas early. Exactly right.

yah so your message is dont improve the game, if you cant do it overflow oh well just put up with the fact that the game cannot, will not, and should not be improved lol.

yah so the point of my thread is if they can come up with something new to FIX this problem so there is no such thing as i have to find a group, i have to cue in I have to be in an overflow map, i have to TRY to make this map work.  I want something that FIXES all of that.  Got anything for that? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

Just now, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

yah so your message isnt dont improve the game, if you cant do it overflow oh well just put up with the fact that the game cannot, will not, and should not be improved lol.

Making big zergs with next to no individual impact on anything into even bigger zergs is hardly making anything better.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Making big zergs with next to no individual impact on anything into even bigger zergs is hardly making anything better.

i know how it all works.  The problem is how it currently works is outdated and cumbersome im looking for a solution that fixes all of it. Or im suggesting that the devs come up with something new.  Or are you suggesting you enjoy cueing and waiting in maps for 15 min - 2 hrs and you enjoy religiously checking LFG to get into the right IP? is that part of the "fun"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

i know how it all works.  The problem is how it currently works is outdated and cumbersome im looking for a solution that fixes all of it. Or im suggesting that the devs come up with something new.  Or are you suggesting you enjoy cueing and waiting in maps for 15 min - 2 hrs and you enjoy religiously checking LFG to get into the right IP? is that part of the "fun"?

How is joining a queue cumbersome? I don't need to queue for anything if I'm not coming late. If I'm coming late I know it's because of my own actions. So yeah, not really an issue for me. I don't need to "wait in maps for 15m-2h", not sure why you keep repeating this.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I find it very rare I have to queue. I logged in partway on Pinata meta and it was active, so I helped get it over the line. Dragons End usually only has 1-2 shards at one time and everyone tries to get it in it. The issue isn't with the queue system, is that everyone sits waiting to be taxiied in instead of all those dozens of people forming their own map. It's a confidence issue, not a game issue.

No matter what system they design, it wont stop map instances filling up and people complaining they can't do what they need, even though they have the agency to get round the issue. Therefore, the current system is fine.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

How is joining a queue cumbersome? I don't need to queue for anything if I'm not coming late. If I'm coming late I know it's because of my own actions. So yeah, not really an issue for me. I don't need to "wait in maps for 15m-2h".

not sure how to respond to this lol you really jump through hoops to defend the status quo

• Like 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

not sure how to respond to this lol you really jump through hoops to defend the status quo

What hoops am I hopping through? Stop trying to leech metas by joining late and you'll be fine. That's not a hoop, it's a rather obvious fact and I'm glad it works like this.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1