Getting beyond sick with Maps being full and having to cue

3 hours ago, slpr.2647 said:

I realize this, but why would I need to when i can catch a public.  

You can catch measles, too, but why would you want to?

Public Dragonstorm goes on for aaages. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

I do Public Dragonstorm every day. It takes on average 11-12 minutes. Than means less than 15 minutes from arriving in EotN, I'm done. Honestly, how much quicker is it to go there, organise a private squad and complete the event? Do you save a couple of minutes?

• Like 5

19 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

You can catch measles, too, but why would you want to?

like others are saying, Public DS usually goes 12-14 min.  i can deal with 12-14 min outta my day i think 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

This is why I wasn't thrilled to see a queue system being adopted by Anet. I think it's better to have a new instance created so people could participate in whatever meta is drawing them then having them wait elsewhere.

Where do you think the people in the queue are? They are on a new map. 

The only difference is that nobody in their to organize them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/3/2024 at 7:11 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I'm commanding meta events everyday. I WISH more people had the balls to tag up. 

There are more then enough people but not enough commander. 

Just my 2 cents as someone who has a tag but very seldomly tags up for meta events:

While I never had such bad experiences as you had (sorry for that, some people can really be jerks), there's two very different reasons why I usually don't tag up for meta events (which I don't play too often anyway, but still...). First- I only tag up for metas where a commander adds value. I see no reason to tag up for random world bosses that are basicly dps-test-golems with few to none added mechanics, where it doesn't matter if there's 10 or 50 people around pressing 1-1-1-1. Second, if I tag up, I try to actually provide something to my squad, be it placing banners, food etc. or explaining mechanics for new players, depending on the meta even trying to make subgroups, etc. And this is where it gets tiresome to me. Constantly having to deal with players that apparently don't see (or know how to activate) the squad chat, only use the squad to taxi in and then roam around somewhere else, simply feels too stressfull to me for content, that is usually done in 5 to 15 minutes anyway. Latest example: my wife needed to do the Dragon Stand meta for the Nevermore collection. So we got there 15 mins before map reset, joined a squad through lfg. Since there was just that one commander, I buckled up, opened another squad, put it on lfg and picked a lane. Gathered ~25 people and started the event, so far so good. Before the "run around in circles while killing the legendary bosses", I split the squad into a circle sub and two boss subs (hoping those squads would have some quickness and alacrity based on the present specs), used the squad command to let everyone know which subs should go for the legend and who should stick with me to kill the pods and prevent them from respawning. And guess what? Not even half the people assigned for the legenday did fight it and 1/3 was running around somewhere completely else. Yes, in the end the meta was still successfull and one could say "so where's the problem?". Well, it would have probably been succesfull anyway without me putting on my lamp, so it only made a difference for me personally.

Kudos to all those commanders who tag up regulary for metas, especially those where a commander is beneficial (like the one commanding Dragon's End yesterday, I'd probably gotten mad with the sheer amount of people not listening and ignoring even basic stuff like "dps sub 2, alac sub 3, quick sub 4".... just to have 50% sitting in sub 1), but I won't become one of them and keep my tag mostly for strikes and raids.

Lastly on topic: while queues might not be the best solution and the possibilty to manually select a map shard (like back in GW1) would probably be even better, it's still better than what we had before imo. At least now we can see the status of the map and decide wether it's worth waiting or just play on the map we're already on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

Just my 2 cents as someone who has a tag but very seldomly tags up for meta events:

While I never had such bad experiences as you had (sorry for that, some people can really be jerks), there's two very different reasons why I usually don't tag up for meta events (which I don't play too often anyway, but still...). First- I only tag up for metas where a commander adds value. I see no reason to tag up for random world bosses that are basicly dps-test-golems with few to none added mechanics, where it doesn't matter if there's 10 or 50 people around pressing 1-1-1-1. Second, if I tag up, I try to actually provide something to my squad, be it placing banners, food etc. or explaining mechanics for new players, depending on the meta even trying to make subgroups, etc. And this is where it gets tiresome to me. Constantly having to deal with players that apparently don't see (or know how to activate) the squad chat, only use the squad to taxi in and then roam around somewhere else, simply feels too stressfull to me for content, that is usually done in 5 to 15 minutes anyway. Latest example: my wife needed to do the Dragon Stand meta for the Nevermore collection. So we got there 15 mins before map reset, joined a squad through lfg. Since there was just that one commander, I buckled up, opened another squad, put it on lfg and picked a lane. Gathered ~25 people and started the event, so far so good. Before the "run around in circles while killing the legendary bosses", I split the squad into a circle sub and two boss subs (hoping those squads would have some quickness and alacrity based on the present specs), used the squad command to let everyone know which subs should go for the legend and who should stick with me to kill the pods and prevent them from respawning. And guess what? Not even half the people assigned for the legenday did fight it and 1/3 was running around somewhere completely else. Yes, in the end the meta was still successfull and one could say "so where's the problem?". Well, it would have probably been succesfull anyway without me putting on my lamp, so it only made a difference for me personally.

Kudos to all those commanders who tag up regulary for metas, especially those where a commander is beneficial (like the one commanding Dragon's End yesterday, I'd probably gotten mad with the sheer amount of people not listening and ignoring even basic stuff like "dps sub 2, alac sub 3, quick sub 4".... just to have 50% sitting in sub 1), but I won't become one of them and keep my tag mostly for strikes and raids.

Lastly on topic: while queues might not be the best solution and the possibilty to manually select a map shard (like back in GW1) would probably be even better, it's still better than what we had before imo. At least now we can see the status of the map and decide wether it's worth waiting or just play on the map we're already on.

Trying to get people to read can be difficult. 

I tag almost everyday the Wizards Tower meta. Always reminding people that the last 3 bosses have to die at the same time. 

And yes I have seen this meta fail with a full squad, because people just go brains off dps on. 😑

Also, I don't Tag when I don't feel energetic enough. All this writing, checking if everything goes to plan. All while playing yourself.  Can take a toll. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Where do you think the people in the queue are? They are on a new map. 

The only difference is that nobody in their to organize them. 

I think you misunderstood me.  If I'm on map a and want to go to the meta on map b, if map b was full, a new instance would be opened and I would go there.   Now I stay on map a until the queue reaches me.  This can cause me to miss the event if I choose to wait.  It also causes the new instance of map b to underfill due to people waiting in the queue for the original instance of map b.

I'm not convinced the queue is a good addition.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I think you misunderstood me.  If I'm on map a and want to go to the meta on map b, if map b was full, a new instance would be opened and I would go there.   Now I stay on map a until the queue reaches me.  This can cause me to miss the event if I choose to wait.  It also causes the new instance of map b to underfill due to people waiting in the queue for the original instance of map b.

If someone on Overflow Map B makes a squad, you join that squad and go to Overflow Map B rather than sitting in queue for Main Map B. The queue really lets you know whether its worth your time or not to try to get on Main Map B vs stay on/join Overflow Map B.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

you dont need a new instance, instance A is filling up in this case, what is the point of 3 instances where there is not enough to fill 2?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

you dont need a new instance, instance A is filling up in this case, what is the point of 3 instances where there is not enough to fill 2?

You're still misunderstanding me.  Consider this specific example.  Map a is verdant brink, which you are currently on.  Map b is the instance auric basin that is full, and you want on it so you queue for it.  Map C is a new instance of Auric Basin that you could go to, if you choose not to queue.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

If someone on Overflow Map B makes a squad, you join that squad and go to Overflow Map B rather than sitting in queue for Main Map B. The queue really lets you know whether its worth your time or not to try to get on Main Map B vs stay on/join Overflow Map B.

Or you could just exit the queue and travel to the new overflow map b

• Like 2

What if…

You could see all available instances and player counts, and pick one to join, as if it had an advertising tag?

Before joining an instance, you could change your chat channel to another instance, ask in map what’s going on in the IP?

Apologies if this is dumb and/or has been asked. Also apologies for the use of an ellipses.

• Confused 1