nerf thief and deedaye

akira.9623

Hello, I don't know how to start, I would like to nerf Thief and deeday, in wvw I port through the prepare shadow portal and port another 50 players there, and we lose the keep, swords don't even show up on the map, because the thief and deeday are really pointless , please correct the error, this really cannot be played after that, thank you for your response

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

shadow portal is his ability, a friend tried it on my initiative and didn't believe it would work, you port 30 people there and your keep is lost, you don't even have time to react, this is all bad

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

You're not being clear. Did a thief port you in first then you used a non thief portal to port another 50 players in?

I haven't used that portal in a long time. Isn't there a cap of about 5 players on how many allies can use it? Isn't there a duration? 

Unless it's done using a glitch, the thief isn't getting in there without a problem. They can be left in there without a problem if your side didn't clear your keep after you took it or took it back. If they coordinated with multiple thief and mesmer portals one after another to get a squad into your keep then it's either off hours for your time zone or it was never your keep because your side didn't take care of it or make call outs. 

11 hours ago, akira.9623 said:

hey, 5 people are ported, hide and wait for the next one, but unfortunately they get to the keep without any problem, that didn't happen

if you have the time to port an entire blob in there 5 at a time, you would have time to flip it solo multiple times or the blob would have had enough time to go through outer + inner + lord a few times.  but i must admit i am impressed by the discipline, 50 pugs not contesting a keep until everything is ready is a rare sight and still of questionable value.

from my experience the lords usually drop faster with around 10 players that actually deal damage instead of 40 minstrel monkeys scaling it up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Giving thieves an ally usable portal in WvW was pretty much a mistake from the day they changed traps to preparations.

The easiest fix would just be making the WvW version of the skill the same as the PvP version.
- Prepare Shadow Portal Duration: 60s -> 30s
- Shadow Portal Number of Allied Targets: 5 -> 1

This would stop endless Shadow Portal chains (the current 60s duration lets you just recast it when it expires) and would also be a welcomed middle finger to exploiters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, akira.9623 said:

Hello, I don't know how to start, I would like to nerf Thief and deeday, in wvw I port through the prepare shadow portal and port another 50 players there, and we lose the keep, swords don't even show up on the map, because the thief and deeday are really pointless , please correct the error, this really cannot be played after that, thank you for your response

#no - you are a low effort post.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, akira.9623 said:

hey, 5 people are ported, hide and wait for the next one, but unfortunately they get to the keep without any problem, that didn't happen

Shadow portal has a 60s cool down. Which means for us to take what you wrote seriously and say that the thief alone was the sole problem, that means you literally sat there for 10 minutes while a thief portaled 50 people into the keep by himself. If that's what happened, that's totally on you/your side for not checking your own keep and noticing the steadily growing group of enemy players amassing in it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eugenides.1274 said:

Giving thieves an ally usable portal in WvW was pretty much a mistake from the day they changed traps to preparations.

The easiest fix would just be making the WvW version of the skill the same as the PvP version.
- Prepare Shadow Portal Duration: 60s -> 30s
- Shadow Portal Number of Allied Targets: 5 -> 1

This would stop endless Shadow Portal chains (the current 60s duration lets you just recast it when it expires) and would also be a welcomed middle finger to exploiters.

If people can't be bothered to check their own keep to see if there's a mesmer or thief hiding in it, that's 100% on them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I was at all the fortresses the whole time, we killed 3 dead days 3 times, they returned to our fortress 3 times without damaging the gate or wall, it's a shame I didn't film it.

Edited by akira.9623
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

mesmer wasn't there, there are 3 roamers, 3 dead days who obviously know what I'm doing, I have mesmer too. and I tried it in the same place as deedaye and without success, but a friend has deedaye and jumped on the wall without a problem, within a minute our whole guild was there, and the fort was theirs. it's simply not possible for him to have this advantage, it's just that. so that he does not have the possibility to get to the wall without using ram or cata

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

and I have no idea if it's just happening to me or if it's a general problem, but neither on the minimap nor on the big map do I see many times an attack from the opponent and suddenly it's keep down for us

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ya it is a shame you didn't take a video because it sounds like they glitched in. So, your answer to exploitable terrain and objects is to nerf an entire class? This is how people in the WvW forums throw a fit daily about thieves and then turn around and try to make it sound like thief players are unreasonable to respond to these dumb takes. 

Be more responsible from now on. 

• Like 4

I just want to make sure it's not possible to easily get to the keep with deedey, his specializations are too many, he wants to limit it whether someone likes it or not. as soon as I can, I'll film it, put it on YouTube and throw a link, you'll see for yourself

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

37 minutes ago, akira.9623 said:

I just want to make sure it's not possible to easily get to the keep with deedey, his specializations are too many, he wants to limit it whether someone likes it or not. as soon as I can, I'll film it, put it on YouTube and throw a link, you'll see for yourself

Look at the title of your thread. You want to nerf a class for what is likely one animation in a glitched spot on a map. 

I understand there's a language barrier, but I can look past that to see how disingenuous you're being.

There are three elite specializations and one can be used at a time. How is that too many? What does the rest of the specialization or the rest of the class have to do with an animation and a glitched spot on the map?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akira.9623 said:

I was at all the fortresses the whole time, we killed 3 dead days 3 times, they returned to our fortress 3 times without damaging the gate or wall, it's a shame I didn't film it.

Did you kill all three at the same time? And are you sure there was only three? Because unless you killed all the thieves hiding in your keep at the same time simultaneously, they can just portal each other in when they respawn. I get that that is annoying to deal with, but that's not an exploit. 

Assuming you're correct and an exploit was being used, then report the player. Don't ask for nerfs to an entire class because someone decides to cheat using it, by definition the cheater is at fault, not the class. 

• 3 weeks later...