Was just discussing Astral Acclaim

31 minutes ago, Darkvulpine.5720 said:

Is it that bad to simply ask for more options?  while keeping the cap on AA the same?

either open all modes up, or let you choose after logging in, not the day or week or however long it was you last logged in, because you stopped playing for awhile?

This is why I suggest a simple bar, that fills.  every 25% is 10 AA, automatically deposited, fill it up and the little jiggly chest appears on the right, boom done

Login should also give the jiggly chest.  the WV interface can be laggy at times, would rather just have the chest like everything else, simple and easy.

same for weeklies, that as it fills up, only every 20% get 80 AA, plus bonus reward chest at 80%  (or just make it 100%, that'd be fine compromise for the added freedom.)

Generally I agree with your idea. One thing the current approach (and the previous approach) was good for was shuffling players to specific maps to do specific things, helping to populate maps. How can that be worked into the concept of "do stuff, fill the bar, get rewards?"

Ultimately, the ability to pick what you want to do as you feel like you want to do it is something that should be addressed. While I may only ever want to do PvE, I get it that some folks like to mix it up, but they may not necessarily know what they want to do tomorrow, and as such making that choice today is kind of odd. I do get that there may be a limitation with this system with weeklies though.

Otherwise I like the way this system has worked generally. It just needs more variety within its already designed pool of activities. For example, I love mini-dungeons, but why is there only four (initially five) in the rotation? This needs to be addressed. "Just skip it" is only so satisfying if you know that every Friday is "don't do Spirit Vestibule because you're burned out on it" day.

• Like 2

I get that, but the problem is everyone gets different dailies, so they're just shuffling players around instead of getting them together. 

How about an augment to my previous suggestion.  Perhaps the progress is slowed by 50% except for "hot spots" to encourage players to adventure in specific zones, while allowing players to still make some progress if that particular zone is undesirable.  While things like WvW and sPvP wouldn't need a hotspot.

2-4 zones, or a general area like "Cantha/Maguma/etc"

Edited by Darkvulpine.5720
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/9/2024 at 8:49 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Only if you forget about the rather big amount of spare AA you can earn, which means you can easly skip objectives and still have enough for what you want. If you feel the need to "just get over it", seemingly just so you can buy out the shop and spam the infinite 30aa gold option as much as you can then it's your choice, not some inherent necessity the current system has.

I agree. That's why I said that if I'm locked into a mode I don't want to play today, I have an option to "just get it over" or not do it. And with weeklies and special tasks there is more than enough AA to ignore dailies. Dailies specifically are a downgrade for me (I was specifically talking about dailies) and I would probably not do them if I was AP capped. I'm not, so I still often do them. But weeklies are good. PVE ones have some meaningful tasks there, I revisited some content I didn't do in a long time and it was fun. I even started doing spvp tournaments because a friend wanted to do a weekly and having a good time there. I would prefer if dailies were completely scrapped (I'm a daily hater in most games as they are mostly there for fomo) and all the focus would be in weeklies with even more interesting tasks but I know that would probably not fly with Anet (fomo) and players (some just like that type of daily play).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I agree. That's why I said that if I'm locked into a mode I don't want to play today, I have an option to "just get it over" or not do it. And with weeklies and special tasks there is more than enough AA to ignore dailies. Dailies specifically are a downgrade for me (I was specifically talking about dailies) and I would probably not do them if I was AP capped. I'm not, so I still often do them. But weeklies are good. PVE ones have some meaningful tasks there, I revisited some content I didn't do in a long time and it was fun. I even started doing spvp tournaments because a friend wanted to do a weekly and having a good time there. I would prefer if dailies were completely scrapped (I'm a daily hater in most games as they are mostly there for fomo) and all the focus would be in weeklies with even more interesting tasks but I know that would probably not fly with Anet (fomo) and players (some just like that type of daily play).

Games like Archeage and WoW made me hate the concept of dailies.  They were fine if it were to unlock some side cosmetic, and once you got it, you didn't have to do anymore.  Or if the dailies were just a bit of side gold, I'd not mind it at all.  But when it becomes FOMO bait, that's when I have my complaints.  At least the WV store puts old stuff available to buy.  The rewards half is great, the execution became crap.  They took something that worked, and made it more frustrating to do, just to continue getting the same rewards but yes also more rewards.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 1/9/2024 at 5:17 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

And I doubt I'm the only one having these kinds of thoughts.

I have the same thought process. If the dailies aren't what i prefer or if it's distracting me from other goals, I just skip the dailies. I didn't do that much when I had more choices for what I could do for a daily.

On 1/8/2024 at 10:04 AM, Sylvyn.4750 said:

To me the cap on Mystic Coins and Mystic Clovers is more acute, especially with the current cycle being 16 weeks without the cap being prorated accordingly, so we'd have done much better under the old system on these items.  Let's hope they eventually settle on 12 or 13 week cycles...

and yea, these items have been nerfed (or nerfed again even). 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2