Roaming Elementalists?

21 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Signet tempest isn't even that good,

they nerfed it into oblivion and it's not as good as you want it to sound lol

Whatever you say, bigboy.

"Sustain <-> Damage" ratio is completly out of whack ever since they buffed EBastion.

If you run dagger, which i do, there has been no nerfs at all, infact that video is from BEFORE they buffed signets.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I'll use cele cata when solo traversing maps. I've never felt like the 100% win beast the forum claims me to be. Except for after the start of wvw rush. Thank you to all the new solo roamers who've decided to jump into the game mode with both feet as a thief.

Ps once you've disengaged don't sit on your chair hands off keyboard clapping yourself. I will chase

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Nerf everything.

.you got this wrong...  Nerf nothing.

Everything is busted in WvW... WvW roaming is pure unbalanced madness, and thats also why its more fun than pvp.

PvP is just.... bland....  because the second something crazy comes up, it gets butchered.

Every profession has some sort of god build.... no need to gut ele, aslong as WB/Harb/DE/yada yada exist in the way they currently do. 

They wont patch for Roaming balance.  Embrace the gamemode for what it is or move on.  

They wont nerf ele, no matter how many QQ threads people start.   thats just the reality.

Edited by Sahne.6950

50 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

.you got this wrong...  Nerf nothing.

Everything is busted in WvW... WvW roaming is pure unbalanced madness, and thats also why its more fun than pvp.

PvP is just.... bland....  because the second something crazy comes up, it gets butchered.

Every profession has some sort of god build.... no need to gut ele, aslong as WB/Harb/DE/yada yada exist in the way they currently do. 

They wont patch for Roaming balance.  Embrace the gamemode for what it is or move on.  

They wont nerf ele, no matter how many QQ threads people start.   thats just the reality.

I was being ironic. I agree with you.

if any, wvw is balanced around zergs, not smallscale fights.

and sometimes one is lucky like in your vid and gets to pwn hard, sometimes one gets melted away out of the blue. That’s the wvw-life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 1/12/2024 at 5:18 PM, Serephen.3420 said:

Basically chill and condi spam can cripple and kill most eles well enough. It's why I hate fighting harbs in particular. Or if you're on a very mobile build like thief then you're only dead if you mess up. 

I've been playing FA core Ele in WvW for a while now, and I agree, the true kryptonite of Ele is chill. I can fare pretty well against some of the apex predator specs like D/P daredev or Deadeye aswell, but if I have to fight any Necro main who has dumped thousands of hours into the class then it'll more likely than not end with a win for them. ^^ (Examples here include Nefras, a very good necro player, whom I dueled a few times and there was just legit nothing I could do between all the strips, fear and chill. I consider builds like those a fairly strong option against Ele)

Also confusion spamming builds on Mirage/Virtu still work stupidly well against Eles (or rather me in particular) although this could maybe because I have jack kitten idea how to fight competent mesmers of any kind but yeah...

Keep in mind tho that for you to fight Elementalist you have to know how Eles work aswell, know all the different block and/or invuln animations to not hit into,  when they are vulnerable*, what options they have in which attunement etc. But that can be said about literally every interaction in the game, if you don't play something for yourself you don't get a feel of how it works and what the class's (classes'?) strenghts and weaknesses are. This is part of the learning process right here

*The intoduction of Catalyst in End of Dragons really made sure to make Ele even more resistant to their weaknesses (chill and CC mainly) by giving them a kittenton of stability and some resistance to boot... Honestly when I meet a Catalyst I just hope they're lame enough to not expect my combos so I can kill them fast xD That's how bad it is to fight against that shitshow of an Elite spec and I say this as an Ele main who has played it for a fair amount of time too... It legit just ignores most of the combat mechanics in the game, although that's not really a foreign concept to EoD specs, to the point of being extremely annoying when it is in the right hands... I truly believe the big 3 of the EoD specs (Harbinger, Catalyst, Willbender) could use atleast some amount of nerfs still but that's a topic for another day xD

TLDR: Put chill on them. Except when it's a Catalyst, then just hope they mess up. And please don't blame Elementalist as a whole for Catalyst being an overpowered mess. We've suffered enough for it

Edited by Codename T.2847
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

As a main ele (sw/d weaver) I admit fighting others eles shows me how annoying is the fact they all roam with super tanky builds but with the light armor and the low HP if you dont you get one shot at every corner. Personally my build isnt that tanky but I'm well aware of my weakness so I dodge and evade as much as I can the damage. I get some angry whispers here and there for cheating but sometimes I'm just lucky enough to evade/dodge most damage, when I'm less lucky I die quite fast!

So dont blame eles for their tankiness but blame these overpowered builds that can one shot them.

• Like 2