Lesser Essence of Gold Should be MUCH CHEAPER

1 minute ago, Manifest.8417 said:

Older Players had 10 years to increase their gold find, while new players get shafted by the new system

Not really 10 years, login rewards were added when GW2 went f2p. But still long enough.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

Older Players had 10 years to increase their gold find, while new players get shafted by the new system

Are you getting shafted though? It's a garbage option anyways and you have a choice whether you want to spend aa for gold % or raw gold now -something you couldn't do before.

• Like 3

Just now, idpersona.3810 said:

For the record, it is just gold find from mobs, not all gold find. It's not a great stat.

Thats Coin New Players are Not Getting on Par with Older Players, Again Arenanet needs to Stop Discriminating Against Newer Players

• Confused 10
  • Sad 2

Thats Coin New Players are Not Getting on Par with Older Players, Again Arenanet needs to Stop Discriminating Against Newer Players

Nobody is getting discriminated here, play the game and earn the rewards you want or don't, your choice.

• Like 3

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Nobody is getting discriminated here, play the game and earn the rewards you want or don't, your choice.

The Cost of Gold Find is Prohibitive Against Newer Players, who are already having a hard enough time catching up

• Haha 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

I guess I don't understand that outlook. Pretty much none of your overall wealth in game is going to come from gold drops from mobs. As an older player, I will never buy the gold find from the wizard's vault. So go ahead and buy it each quarter and catch up if you really want to.

Personally I think the 30AA for a gold is a better investment once you run out of things you want.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The Cost of Gold Find is Prohibitive Against Newer Players, who are already having a hard enough time catching up

It's not prohibitive, there's way more aa than you need for things from the vault. This has nothing to do with you being new or not, how is any of this supposed to be "prohibitive" just because someone's new (which you are not)?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

Just now, Manifest.8417 said:

Older Player Priviledge is clearly showing in the responses

Explain or stop throwing these nonsensical accusations. For now it only looks like you don't exactly undestand what you're talking about, which can be fixed as soon as you stop being hard set on throwing a fit while repeating you're somehow "discriminated against" (while, again, not exactly being a new player) or that the cost is "prohibitive for new players" (which, again, it's not because the cost is the same for everyone).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4

Just now, Manifest.8417 said:

Older Player Priviledge is clearly showing in the responses

Like  I said, I agree it should be cheaper. I actually agree with your base premise. I just think the stat is near worthless in general. There are much better examples of older players having things newer players don't than this pretty useless stat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Old Daily System was more fair to New Players

The old "daily" system didn't give you bonus gold drop %. Login rewards did and you'd be equally unable to catch up. If you want to argue about "catching up" then I guess argue about "gold drop% CAP".

The cost isn't "prohibitive to new players" because that cost has nothing to do with being a new or old player.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

Just now, costepj.5120 said:

If you make it cheaper then it will be cheaper for veteran players too, so it won't help you "catch up". Not that it's a race.

Thats why I said Arenanet should even the Gold Find for All Players, Give Us what we missed out, Then the new system (being cheaper) also allows people to Actually obtain Gold Find again

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

If Newer Players have to catch up, then it should at least be fair game mechanics wise and right now it isnt.

Older players have put in countless hours and literal years of work to attain much of what they have. New players not being handed that makes little sense You can buy the stat now, and older players likely aren't doing so (at least no one I know is)

But this also doesn't seem a real discussion worth having. I'm sorry this is upsetting to you and I hope you find something in game that you enjoy more than this point upsets you, so it's a net positive experience.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thats why I said Arenanet should even the Gold Find for All Players, Give Us what we missed out, Then the new system (being cheaper) also allows people to Actually obtain Gold Find again

That makes no sense. You kept baselessly complaining about "discrimination against new players" (which is a complete nonsense here) and now your "solution" is to... take away what other players earned, just because you didn't.

The cost isn't "prohibitive to new players" because the cost has nothing to do with being a new or old player.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, idpersona.3810 said:

Older players have put in countless hours and literal years of work to attain much of what they have. New players not being handed that makes some sense, does it not? You can buy the stat now, and older players likely aren't doing so (at least no one I know is)

But this also doesn't seem a real discussion worth having. I'm sorry this is upsetting to you and I hope you find something in game that you enjoy more than this point upsets you, so it's a net positive experience.

Your Response is loaded with Personal Bias

• Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1