Lesser Essence of Gold Should be MUCH CHEAPER

12 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

...seems to me like you (again) agree with the main point of this thread - that being the fact that +2% GF is definitely not worth 2000 AA. Thank you. Now, the question is that if you do, in fact, agree with the main premise of this thread, why do you try so hard to derail it?

Not exactly, the thread says "it should be cheaper because it was free", then the reasoning only got worse. For me it could be cheaper or it could be gone. It doesn't really matter to me and realistically should probably barely matter to anyone. If OP wants gold, he should just buy other things anyways, it's just someone looking for a problem that isn't even there. (...Because you can completely skip worthless gold find % and just go for the raw gold right away which is something that actually can make a difference for a player needing gold. Unlike that 2% gold find, as far as I'm aware.)

Derail how? By commenting exactly on what I was quoting, whether written by OP or you?

Although if we wanted to pick something I actually fully agree with, it would be this post:

37 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

This thread is bait, let it die

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

The New Daily Login System is designed Strictly with the purpose of reducing the amount of gold in the game by providing the players incentives not to obtaining anything that would produce gold

Weird, Ive yet to see an incentive to obtain anything other than gold convertibles. Even the legendary starter kits are good for my gold balance because they reduced my need to spend gold when crafting legendaries.

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Weird, Ive yet to see an incentive to obtain anything other than gold convertibles. Even the legendary starter kits are good for my gold balance because they reduced my need to spend gold when crafting legendaries.

It is to keep gold obtained from dailies from being used to buy gems on the gem store. Which the new daily system succeeds at.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Manifest.8417 said:

Older Players had 10 years to increase their gold find, while new players get shafted by the new system

The new system provides more gold potential thqn the old one. So (assuming the game and the  new system stay around) a new player will earn more from the system in 11 years of play than I did from the old system in a similar time frame.

You have it backwards, new players come out ahead.

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

The new system provides more gold potential thqn the old one. So (assuming the game and the  new system stay around) a new player will earn more from the system in 11 years of play than I did from the old system in a similar time frame.

You have it backwards, new players come out ahead.

In Theory it does, but In Practice it Reduces Gold Rewards from Dailies

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

It is to keep gold obtained from dailies from being used to buy gems on the gem store. Which the new daily system succeeds at.

Nope.

The new system provides gold in excess of what was available under the old system, which means that players have MORE gold to exchange for gems now than before.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Freya.9075 said:

Ah, yes. I too would be looking forward to the day in like 4 years from now when I can gain 3 coppers from the centaur I killed instead of 2 if I chose to waste aa on this beautiful item of pure wealth!! Those filthy veterans!! Shakes fist 

I forgot what I killed but I did kill something that gave like 4s once. 

It comes down to whether or not you're a math head who hopes to live forever so asymtotically speaking it'll be worth it or a practical person who thinks the literal 3.3k gold in drops is impossible to achieve without botting.  

Edited by Firebeard.1746

3 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

If you are someone who gets off on derailing threads, please leave.

It has already been established that the main idea is correct. The main idea being Essence of Gold is too pricey and should be cheaper.

No they should just remove it its a bad buy even at 1 aa

• Like 2

kitten. Stopped taking this thread seriously after reading 3 or 4 op's posts. 

Old player privlige.

New player lifes matter.

I know this slogans, I bet all my old player privlige gold find that OP play on US servers.

The only thing I am afraid of is, if the merchants in Divinity's Reach should start to reinforce their shops, and hide all the valuables in safes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Goldfind is, as has been repeatedly pointed out by the very veteran players who have this allegedly unfair advantage, a worthless stat that makes no noticeable difference in one's gaming income. When the people who actually have it are telling you it's unworthy of consideration, they are speaking from direct experience with the stat's performance -- not "privilege," of all the ridiculously overused words.

Based on the near-constant stream of complaints (about half of which are in this very thread) the OP's post history reveals, this is almost certainly a troll thread, reminiscent of the recent one about the horrific inequity and unfairness to new players of being forced to wait for a character's Ninth Birthday before receiving the Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Goldfind is, as has been repeatedly pointed out by the very veteran players who have this allegedly unfair advantage, a worthless stat that makes no noticeable difference in one's gaming income. When the people who actually have it are telling you it's unworthy of consideration, they are speaking from direct experience with the stat's performance -- not "privilege," of all the ridiculously overused words.

Based on the near-constant stream of complaints (about half of which are in this very thread) the OP's post history reveals, this is almost certainly a troll thread, reminiscent of the recent one about the horrific inequity and unfairness to new players of being forced to wait for a character's Ninth Birthday before receiving the Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake.

Either you think the gold find is too expensive or you don't which is it.

Stop throwing out accusations, I provided reasons for my view point either you agree with them or you dont

but dont attack me personally

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Manifest.8417 said:

Either you think the gold find is too expensive or you don't which is it.

Stop throwing out accusations, I provided reasons for my view point either you agree with them or you dont

but dont attack me personally

1. I don't actually care. But since it's a worthless stat, any price at all is "too expensive." That spot in the WV could be better used for something worthwhile.

2. Troll is as troll does.

3. I didn't. Until just now. Congratulations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Teknomancer.4895 said:

1. I don't actually care. But since it's a worthless stat, any price at all is "too expensive." That spot in the WV could be better used for something worthwhile.

2. Troll is as troll does.

3. I didn't. Until just now. Congratulations.

No, you are just here to derail the main idea

you are just here to throw accusations around

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

I Disagree

I once saw a guy, in all seriousness, disagree with the fact that the earth orbits the sun rather than the other way around. The facts don't care if you choose to disagree with them.

• Like 4

Just now, Manifest.8417 said:

The fact that Gold Find is too expensive is still valid

It's hardly a fact. It's an opinion. And one that not everyone seem to be sharing with You. And just becouse they don't, does not make them opressive and privliged.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Biziut.3594 said:

It's hardly a fact. It's an opinion. And one that not everyone seem to be sharing with You. And just becouse they don't, does not make them opressive and privliged.

In terms of Return on Investment yeah it is overpriced

• Confused 3