Lesser Essence of Gold Should be MUCH CHEAPER

2 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Do you just not care about the opinion of people who disagree. Because that is a dangerous mindset 

I have read their views up to point, I just feel they are not contributing anything further worthwhile.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

Most Players Don't

"Source: I just made it up", right?

There's more AA available than needed each "season", people are able to easly make their choice between buying lesser essence of gold and 30aa gold option each season. And, quick reminder, being a new player has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

It is perfectly reasonably to suggest Paying Costumers not get shafted with the Gold Find costs

Nobody is really "shafted" by gold find costs, paying or not. Your justification for the change (first being "new player!", second "paying customer!") shows lack of understanding of what you're trying to talk about.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

I have read their views up to point, I just feel they are not contributing anything further worthwhile

I do hope you actually take it to heart.  The funny thing is that people are only disagreeing with the point where you ask for something which is pretty unfair.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

I do hope you actually take it to heart.  The funny thing is that people are only disagreeing with the point where you ask for something which is pretty unfair.

Maybe you should share your viewpoint if the Cost of the Gold Find should be Cheaper, huh

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

Maybe you should share your viewpoint if the Cost of the Gold Find should be Cheaper, huh

The main problem I have with the gold find is that it's a newbtrap ATM. It does so little in the grand scheme of things (as far as I know). They probably should make the effect clearer.

This is a joke right? Give it to us for free if you want each rotation. I still wouldn't pick it. The difference after all these years of playing is negligible. Trust me, spend your AA on something useful. Even tier 5 crafting bags have more value than this item.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Considering how much AA gets added up, it should not be an issue every quarter to buy it, if you do choose.  All you have to do is play.  

Considering it competes with at the very least 1g per 30 AA (uncapped) option, at the current price it will never be worth buying. Doesn't matter how much you play, and how much AAs you earn per season, buying it will actually be a gold loss, pretty much all of the time.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Considering it competes with at the very least 1g per 30 AA (uncapped) option, at the current price it will never be worth buying. Doesn't matter how much you play, and how much AAs you earn per season, buying it will actually be a gold loss, pretty much all of the time.

And as that wasn't an option before, at this point OP is complaining that he's given a choice between useless gold find bonus and... better rewards. If he wants to get it, he can get it. If it's not worth getting it, what is this complaint supposed to be?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And as that wasn't an option before, at this point OP is complaining that he's given a choice between useless gold find bonus and... better rewards. If he wants to get it, he can get it. If it's not worth getting it, what is this complaint supposed to be?

The complaint is not that gold find bonus is not worth it. The complaint is that it's not worth 1000 AA per +1% GF. WHich is completely true. It's not. At this price, it would be better if it was just plain removed from reward options.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The complaint is not that gold find bonus is not worth it. The complaint is that it's not worth 1000 AA per +1% GF. WHich is completely true. It's not. At this price, it would be better if it was just plain removed from reward options.

The thing is that it is not worth anything anyways. If you had 2% in the last system, but now you have 2% which you can instead -in effect- exchange for raw gold that's easly worth more than there's nothing to complain about. If it was 500 aa, it would still be a garbage option worth next to nothing. It would be just easier to "get out of the way" if that's what someone aims at. That has nothing to do with losing value "because new system", "because new player" or w/e else he tried to claim, let alone with "catching up with veterans". He's not catching up to anyone by getting x% gold find as it works now anyways -in this system or previous one, all the same.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

Ah, yes. I too would be looking forward to the day in like 4 years from now when I can gain 3 coppers from the centaur I killed instead of 2 if I chose to waste aa on this beautiful item of pure wealth!! Those filthy veterans!! Shakes fist 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here's a better idea OP: why don't you just ask Anet to create a WV item purchasable for 10 AA that will give you with the click of one button 42kAP, all masteries unlocked, all gens of legendary weapons unlocked, all weights of leggy armour, all titles, all craft masteries unlocked, all ascended foods, all possible skins, etc., etc., that "all veterans" have? How about that?  because at the rate these threads are going lately, it sounds like that would be the only thing to appease those of your ilk... good grief.   Entitle much?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Surelia.2651 said:

Here's a better idea OP: why don't you just ask Anet to create a WV item purchasable for 10 AA that will give you with the click of one button 42kAP, all masteries unlocked, all gens of legendary weapons unlocked, all weights of leggy armour, all titles, all craft masteries unlocked, all ascended foods, all possible skins, etc., etc., that "all veterans" have? How about that?  because at the rate these threads are going lately, it sounds like that would be the only thing to appease those of your ilk... good grief.   Entitle much?

Its about what shouldn't be closed off for the player, I don't mind working for things or quite honestly even paying for them. I have actually watched the video on Arenanet explaining how their microtransaction system works. The new system makes obtaining something that should be available to the player counterproductive to obtain due to overwhelming costs. The New Daily Login System is designed Strictly with the purpose of reducing the amount of gold in the game by providing the players incentives not to obtaining anything that would produce gold, This way players are more likely to make purchases in the gem store. I hate the new Daily System for this reason. This game is already expensive enough with my current purchases.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The thing is that it is not worth anything anyways. If you had 2% in the last system, but now you have 2% which you can instead -in effect- exchange for raw gold that's easly worth more than there's nothing to complain about. If it was 500 aa, it would still be a garbage option worth next to nothing. It would be just easier to "get out of the way" if that's what someone aims at. That has nothing to do with losing value "because new system", "because new player" or w/e else he tried to claim, let alone with "catching up with veterans". He's not catching up to anyone by getting x% gold find as it works now anyways -in this system or previous one, all the same.

The one you buy in wv is 1% tho so it is in fact even worse.

28 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, you are right, it would be a garbage option even at half that pricing. It might be bad even at 100 AAs, tbh. Sure, that has nothing to do with "catching up with veterans", "because new players" or anything, but that hardly changes the main point - the fact that it is (as you admit) a garbage at the current pricing.

And yes, it did lose value "because new system", because 2% every 60 days at 2000 AA has definitely far, far less value than 2% every 30 days for free. It chas changed from something with positive value (even if not too great individually) into someting with negative one. That looks like a definite loss of value to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And yes, it did lose value "because new system", because 2% every 60 days at 2000 AA has definitely far, far less value than 2% every 30 days for free. It chas changed from something with positive value (even if not too great individually) into someting with negative one. That looks like a definite loss of value to me.

Considering you were ingame every day. And here we can go towards concept of "log in rewards" which imo are dumb and shouldn't be a thing in the first place. Considering you're actually playing the game, even a bit, you get better value now than you did before. Because you can completely skip worthless gold find % and just go for the raw gold right away which is something that actually can make a difference for a player needing gold. Unlike that 2% gold find, as far as I'm aware.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Considering you were ingame every day. And here we can go towards concept of "log in rewards" which imo are dumb and shouldn't be a thing in the first place. Considering you're actually playing the game, even a bit, you get better value now than you did before. Because you can completely skip worthless gold find % and just go for the raw gold right away which is something that actually can make a difference for a player needing gold. Unlike that 2% gold find, as far as I'm aware.

...seems to me like you (again) agree with the main point of this thread - that being the fact that +2% GF is definitely not worth 2000 AA. Thank you. Now, the question is that if you do, in fact, agree with the main premise of this thread, why do you try so hard to derail it?

• Confused 2