Is there a reason why warrior doesn't generate adrenaline in combat passively?

cryorion.9532

Is there a reason why warrior doesn't generate adrenaline passively while in combat? This is only possible with passive effect on Signet of Rage elite skill which is very limited/underwhelming.

What about giving warrior profession a passive effect that generates 1 adrenaline per second while in combat? Additionally, Signet of Rage could be reworked to either provide additional 1 adrenaline per second while in combat or if that would be too much, the skill could be reworked in a different meaningful way.

I would also suggest increasing grace period before adrenaline starts to decay (assuming adrenaline decay cannot be completely removed), even while gaining adrenaline out of combat. For example: when warrior uses Signet of Fury out of combat, adrenaline does not start to decay immediately but there is grace period of let's say 3 or 5 seconds before it starts to decay.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Removing the Adrenaline decay would solve half of the issues with Bursts as a reliable profession mechanic. The other half is having traits trigger on use, instead of on hit.

If they were to fix these issues, gaining Adrenaline in a passive way without the Signet would be too much.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It really is strange that warrior has the only resource mechanic that decays to 0 rapidly when out of combat.

Remove adrenaline and flow decay.

Rapidly?

Is pops faster out of sight then Goku using instant transmission.

I remember the days of when it wouldn't decay pre-HoT.

Those were nice times, but Warrior was also a stronger contender back then too. I think they changed it due to complaints about Warrior having no down time or something goofy. Probably LB F1s caused the biggest trouble. 😞

• Thanks 2

Just now, Vinny.7260 said:

Those were nice times, but Warrior was also a stronger contender back then too. I think they changed it due to complaints about Warrior having no down time or something goofy. Probably LB F1s caused the biggest trouble. 😞

We also had traits that benefited us for just holding Adrenaline, like +21% damage and +15% crit chance... They made those on hit and made adrenaline decay much faster in the same balance patch if I remember correctly.

28 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Rapidly?

Is pops faster out of sight then Goku using instant transmission.

15 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It isn't quite that fast. But still... This is something that should not exist anymore in 2023.

Sometimes it really feels like I don't even need to blink and it's gone.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

As far as i remember hammer was really awesome back then too. Because not only did adrenaline not decay it was also not spent when you did not hit a target, allowing you to use your hammer f1 as a normal gapcloser.

4 minutes ago, Ferus.3165 said:

As far as i remember hammer was really awesome back then too. Because not only did adrenaline not decay it was also not spent when you did not hit a target, allowing you to use your hammer f1 as a normal gapcloser.

Adrenaline decayed, but it did not start decaying until a few seconds after leaving combat. You also still spent all adrenaline unless you had Burst Mastery selected regardless of hitting.

23 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It really is strange that warrior has the only resource mechanic that decays to 0 rapidly when out of combat.

Remove adrenaline and flow decay.

I don't think adrenaline decay is necessarily a bad thing IF it occurs only when being out of combat for prolonged time. If Anet improved adrenaline generation while in combat, starting fight with full adrenaline wouldn't be probably as beneficial as having more potent adrenaline generation while in combat. Good example is e.g. hammer Spellbreaker with Merciless Hammer and Versatile Rage traits. It can generate adrenaline fast enough to use core bursts and Full Counter frequently and reliably. My suggestion of adding 1 adrenaline per second while in combat should make the warrior feel less stuck while in combat, especially with builds that don't use Discipline and Merciless Hammer.

I am not strictly against removing adrenaline decay, but imo having better adrenaline generation while in combat is better/more practical solution. Literally any warrior build that has adrenaline issues is destined to fail/lose. If very specific traits are required in a build in order to make whole profession mechanic reliably function, that is fundamental flaw in profession design/balance. Such traits should enhance the profession mechanic in other ways than making the mechanic function smoothly and reliably.

Edited by cryorion.9532

Let's look at other classes with resource for skills: (btw I'm new to game so correct me if I'm wrong)

Rev: out of combat limited to 50%, generates in combat

Thief: initiative-passive replenish

I'm sure you can find some other ones...

Anyway, I agree with lot's of points made here. Warrior needs an update. Having to enter combat to be able to go zerk is like starting fight with a disadvantage already.

Edited by Vepa.6073

19 minutes ago, Vepa.6073 said:

Let's look at other classes with resource for skills: (btw I'm new to game so correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway, I agree with lot's of points made here. Warrior needs an update. Having to enter combat to be able to go zerk is like starting fight with a disadvantage already.

FB: Tomes start full
Mesmer: can shatter at 0 clones, Virt can carry blades ooc
Necro: Can carry LF ooc
Druid: Can carry AF ooc
Spectre: Can carry SF ooc
Cata: Energy carries ooc

Maintaining adrenaline was considered too boring, too easy and just no fun so players started complaining about it so it was modified. Here goes some trivial tidbits for you,  did you know that except for thief's blink warrior was the fastest class in the game? But it wasn't realistic, how in the world could someone wearing heavy armor run so fast, so that was modified also.

We have some very eloquent forum members who can push through some really bad ideas as long as it suits them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 8:50 PM, Wolf.1972 said:

I feel like if you miss a burst it shouldn't cost adrenaline but go on CD and only if you land it should it cost adrenaline and go on CD maybe slightly raise CDs to compensate.

Like others have pointed out before you can swap or stow cancel burst that would miss to keep adrenaline. Sword is different as it imobilises kinda instant ofc.

But I agree that you notice this especially in the team deathmatch or in duels. Warrior is kinda not even a proper class till you get at least one bar of adrenaline and even then you kinda need a burst hit to rly get you started.

Sth that I rly dislike evet since thy made adrenaline drop so fast is how when you use a gain 30 adrenaline skill ooc you instantly have to use it or it will start depleting right away. At least let me have it for idk 5 sevonds before it drops or at least one full second. I mean I paied in utility cds for it kitten. This change would also help some PvE warriors so that might be a realisticone to hope for.

Edited by Alabastrum.9361

On 1/11/2024 at 5:11 PM, Vepa.6073 said:

If every class or specific elite specs had to start from 0 with their initiative, energy, AF, LF, SF, pages, and clones (or blades for virtuoso), people would be up in arms. It also wouldn't make sense anyway to start from 0. We don't count that bug for specter where switching to maps with differing levels unfortunately causes their shadow force to reset. I'd be ok with adrenaline decaying about 1 1/2 when the warrior is not in combat; relying on alive targets to keep up adrenaline may bite, but it is what it is. 

Edited by mirage.8046