January 30 Balance Update Preview

Rubi Bayer.8493

Relic of Resistance as described, and Relic of Febe are now so similar in practical function making Resistance the better choice in Blob content in WvW. 

While it's nice that your metrics probably showed you the popularity of the support chorno traits in WvW, but what makes the things annoying is the increased prevalence of Chaos Aura (e.g. from using certain traits, and spamming chaos fields). This alone makes reset nights even more laggy as now it only takes 2 blobs of chronobrands (the  common name of the build) to produce similar lag of the classic 3 blobs at garrison. Furthermore, the aura itself should be nerfed if you intend to keep it's uptime so high currently. It should either randomly inflict one of it's three conditions, or randomly apply one of it's 3 boons...but not both (may help with lag). Having it do Weakness+Protection is too much damage mitigation (even better than Rite of the Dwarf in a sense but with less effort), which is hilariously effective to stand in place for some rather stagnant gameplay in WvW. It's certainly non-intuitive gameplay for any new players that entered WvW during the beta events, and who will most likely nope out there after seeing this current 'meta.'

Probably should have Overheat's total damage be spread out over 2-3 packets along with arc divider but now I'm asking for too much as we'd need to also look at the sustain things (like barrier for example) that those two high dps bursts were arms racing against.

😧

• Confused 2

On 1/12/2024 at 9:55 PM, Diremongoose.1326 said:

Support Rev has not been outperforming Druid inWvW

Irrelevant. Rev has massive access to resistance (and stability + great dwarf damage reduction on dwarf/ventari) if played correctly. Rev is the class you stack because of the boons, druid is the class you add a certain amount of to your group for pure healing and cleanses, since healing and cleanses overlap between parties.

Tripple blasting shouldn't be a thing anyway. They are adding self-might to the skill to make up for the three blasts' intended purpose: self might from the number 2 skill.

Edited by Lazze.9870

A build has unique feel and style. It is how you view a game. Much like glasses. Anet has destroyed build after build not caring about feedback. They do not just adjust numbers they destroy it by 90%+ making it unusable in regards to damage and defense. 
This ruins player experience.

Since EoD this has happened over and over with over 15+ builds and this forum topic has nothing but negative comments. Everyone asked them to stop and revise as it was only going to make the game worse. There was even another topic with a forum poll. They cared zero about either and released it as is. 

Will I wait until the end of Feb for the new weapons and patch? Honestly they will probably leave the overtuned theif weapon and not even bother with necro swords that where useless. They do not really care about the game and gw2 is going the same way as every other ncsoft game. 

It may just be time to move on. I do like the story and game as a whole but but like going on a road trip..... it may have amazing views but if the car is uncomfortable then its going to suck. 

I will just regard this game the same as aion and other ncsoft games. After aion, wildstar and now how gw2 is treated. I doubt I will support ncsoft as a consumer in the future. 

I do hope people keep making youtube videos on the story because I do want to know what happens next. I just doubt I will personally play through it. 

Edited by ohericoseo.4316
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Cool. Zero reason to play any Mes dps build besides condi Virt, Ele's back to having warhorn being best in slot in literally every build, and Rev loses it's unique triple finisher because clearly the problem wasn't Karakosa not having an icd and this will never be an issue again... Yeesh.

Edited by Sweetbread.3678
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

The lack of understanding of the WvW meta is quite concerning.  Excess barriers, lack of skills to do damage, boon uptime and boon application to allow for "surfing", lack of strips and corruption of boons, amounts of sources for healing, high stability counts.  There's just no way to stop a zerg with less numbers anymore.  You are forced to blob or just watch a group karma train.  Skill is out the window when the game plays for you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am sad that roaming chrono got nerfed this bad. Celestial chrono was one of the only classes that can hold its own against the harbinger, now it cannot. Would it be too hard to make the nerfs affect only allies and not self?

On 2/4/2024 at 8:59 PM, Blackarps.1974 said:

The lack of understanding of the WvW meta is quite concerning.  Excess barriers, lack of skills to do damage, boon uptime and boon application to allow for "surfing", lack of strips and corruption of boons, amounts of sources for healing, high stability counts.  There's just no way to stop a zerg with less numbers anymore.  You are forced to blob or just watch a group karma train.  Skill is out the window when the game plays for you.

You're joking, right? This isn't new. Far as I can tell this has always been WvW. Skill has never mattered. It's just numbers. It's always been just numbers. So long as you have more than the other blob, you win. Otherwise you get steamrolled. If you want a skilled duel, you PvP. If you just want to bash things together, WvW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/7/2024 at 11:30 PM, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

You're joking, right? This isn't new. Far as I can tell this has always been WvW. Skill has never mattered. It's just numbers. It's always been just numbers. So long as you have more than the other blob, you win. Otherwise you get steamrolled. If you want a skilled duel, you PvP. If you just want to bash things together, WvW.

Pretty much. Always a guardian and warrior train with necro/ranger/ele and that's it.

Then thieves and warriors are always dominating roaming and stealth hasn't been fixed in WvW to have actual drawbacks instead of infinite resets and non-telegraphed burst.

• Like 1