its 2024 and yall are STILL focused on new Population Control Methods in WvW instead of getting NEW WvW Content!

5 hours ago, Kate.3679 said:

They're mad because the core of Maguuma managed to stick together and is up to their usual routine.

No, they're mad that they weren't invited to that guild where previously they could just transfer to Maguuma or it's link.  That's this "community" that keeps getting destroyed.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thomas.2564 said:

Exactly.. I don't know about everyone else. But having the same team that created that disaster area of a map, make new content in wvw, hard pass. 

8 years, and 0 bugs on that map have been fix yet. So lets just stick to current wvw formular plz. 

Except we don't have the same team that created Desert BL.  That team at least recognized some of the bigger issues on the map and/or listened to the community and removed the barriers and the mega laser event. Most of them were out with the purge in 2019 and the rest left shortly thereafter. The current team listens to their 5 friends in the secret Discord and makes every decision based on what they say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

There is. They could finally add a new WvW map that features some new mechanics (example: siege turtle?).

Stuff can be added, but I think whatever new gimmicks we'd get would probably be absorbed and ignored by the nature of the WvW game mode and how people generally chose to spend their time in it. There's nothing to fight for so a lot of people mostly log on for the vibe combo of class mechanics that fit their sensibilities, travel to action ratio, and social connection even if that's kind of light. 

I'll agree with you but under the unlikely circumstances that they added something that livens up, or facilitates with some new structure, the instinctive funneling of players to whatever hot spots everyone is reading on the map. Or the new mechanics can create those hot spots but then allow WvW players to be WvW players (don't know how to explain that one but you get it). Starwars Galaxies at the time had some problems, but when they added that persistent open world battleground on an existing map complete with drop ships and theatric atmosphere, there was at least always something to do that players naturally settle into doing anyway and made it look and feel legit. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

In this beta I decided NOT to join any guild to see where I would end up.

The maps are relatively full, I don't think there were any moments in which we were outnumbered while playing. (maybe i was just lucky with playtime)
The only substantial difference I noticed was the lack of guild raids and the tags that appeared seemed to be mostly pugmanders. I play mostly EBG, don't know if in the other BLs there were tags with their raid of 20-50 guild members fighting each other.

On 1/17/2024 at 3:41 AM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

its 2024 and yall are STILL focused on new Population Control Methods in WvW instead of getting NEW WvW Content!

The new Server Reconstruction system, Alliances etc, will just destroy the last bit of Community bonding left in the game mode, Before everything in WvW turns into Guild Dictatorships.

And still we will get NO NEW GAMEPLAY FEATURES AND CONTENT IN GENERAL FOR WVW. 

New Guild Tags, same old fighting, same tactics, same structures, same tag zergs and all. Nothing will change other than the Guild Tag running everything.  And they all pretty much do the same things. I have played with a number of different tags and guilds. they all play 99% the same. 

Where the NEW CONTENT. Something that changes up gameplay and the way people play WvW!? How many more years we have to wait for NEW WVW CONTENT ANET!!!???

Because population in WvW is the content.