The World Restructuring is Fun and should be Permanent

14 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

I´ll bet they expected a complete overhaul of skill-balance, a new billion-dollars datacenter just for WvW and a free god of WvW title-box (the title is rainbow-colored), and now are upset that we got EXACTLY what we were told

Guy should maybe join Skrittsburg once. I was today 3 hours alone on a map. Did see none of my team. Great proper population balance lol. Reds did have 60+ blobs since 7 Am in the morning until now.

https://gw2mists.com/matches/eu

Trashtalker should maybe first learn statistics before he tryhards defending a failure. 11k kill already on saturday is not balanced it is even more worse than before with server system. And peoples are now stuck for 6 weeks in that mess.

Edited by senftube.6081
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

correct. ANet never announced alliances to be launched. whenever ANet talked about the betas, they ALWAYS talked about world restructuring, NOT alliances, so thank you for confirming my point

Also not true. At the beginning it was about Alliance. Anet changed it midway to WR because they have problems to make a real alliance system. They did go on the WR route at September 2023 so that is not long ago.

Edited by Burial.1958
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Burial.1958 said:

Also not true. At the beginning it was about Alliance. Anet changed it midway to WR because they have problems to make a real alliance system. They did go on the WR route at September 2023 so that is not long ago.

Yes, they said they were attempting to DEVELOP alliances, this is true. but at no point did they say they would RELEASE alliances. 

development =/= releases 

all announcements of anything being launched (be it in temporary beta-state, permanent beta-state or permanent full release) have been about world restructuring WITHOUT alliances

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

Yes, they said they were attempting to DEVELOP alliances, this is true. but at no point did they say they would RELEASE alliances. 

development =/= releases 

all announcements of anything being launched (be it in temporary beta-state, permanent beta-state or permanent full release) have been about world restructuring WITHOUT alliances

And what does that bring in now that the WR System is for some teams utter trash because you have like 5 peoples on all maps and get steamrolled by 60+ Blobs? Do you think the matchmaking work?

Edited by Burial.1958
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

Guy should maybe join Skrittsburg once. I was today 3 hours alone on a map. Did see none of my team. Great proper population balance lol. Reds did have 60+ blobs since 7 Am in the morning until now.

https://gw2mists.com/matches/eu

Trashtalker should maybe first learn statistics before he tryhards defending a failure. 11k kill already on saturday is not balanced it is even more worse than before with server system. And peoples are now stuck for 6 weeks in that mess.

I'm in that MU as Green. Red currently have 6 groups of 15-20 people. We had one party of 4 and 2 roamers to defend with.
In another thread a Red player in that MU claimed that the reason they were winning was because they were more skilled.

A few more days like this and I'll be taking a (possibly permanent) break from WvW, and I've been playing WvW long enough to remember the orbs of power.

Edited by Nidome.1365
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 1:05 AM, A Hamster.2580 said:

As someone who plays with an organized guild and uses discord for voice comm, I am having lots of fun with this beta. I feel there are way more epic fights than before.

I see some arguments against the beta in the forum here but they seem to be mostly from anti-social individuals that refuse to join guilds or discord but yet want to play with familiar faces. How do you even balance around that? After all, this is "Guild Wars 2" aka "War of the Guilds" aka "2 or more guilds duking it out". I think world restructuring is the best solution we have so far.

Another argument I see is "how unbalance the match up seems to be in this beta". Well duh. This is week 1. It should be mathematically impossible to have good balance on the very first week with no prior data to work with. It should take a few "WvW resets" to balance out the teams under this new system.

I suspect many Maguuma bandwagoners folks from NA or whatever the equivalent is from EU are unhappy and complaining here. Too bad so sad because that is precisely what World Restructuring aims to solve. No more omega stacking one server.

Please Anet let this go through.

if you think this is fun you have a serious problem 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I couldn't disagree with the title any more. So far, this change really soured the game for me.

On 1/18/2024 at 1:26 PM, DeWolfe.2174 said:

We need Worlds and choice to go where we want because they Dev's can never understand the interpersonal relationships, both positive and negative, that's formed over 11 years of WvW'ing. Some people should simply never be put on the same team. The Dev's proved how flawed their system will be by doing so in this beta. It's frankly arrogant to believe a couple stats on a spread sheet can build a World replacement.

This post hits at the heart of many issues, had to quote it. If there's need for reduced servers cause of declining population, so be it. But WR should have been linked or entirely new servers, that guilds could choose to move to or out of. Shifting sands model, with no Alliances implemented but only a 500-person guild slot, is not it.

Edited by hedix.1986
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hedix.1986 said:

I couldn't disagree with the title any more. So far, this change really soured the game for me.

This post hits at the heart of many issues, had to quote it. If there's need for reduced servers cause of declining population, so be it. But WR should have been linked or entirely new servers, that guilds could choose to move to or out of. Shifting sands model, with no Alliances implemented but only a 500-person guild slot, is not it.

But that would just be... no change.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

No more transfer-wagons!  Good riddance.

What if we decided to ''control' transfers instead? When you connect 2 servers or 3 or 4 servers to get a number that is as functional as possible for the design of WVW (2000 players? that's what we were always told) we could grant a transfer of 5% players. We would have limited the loss of only 100 players on the one hand and the increase of only 100 players on the other. And we wouldn't have needed all this cinema. 

• Like 3