The World Restructuring is Fun and should be Permanent

On 2/1/2024 at 4:37 PM, spanky.4630 said:

new players without guilds will leave and wvw will lose players  that's all this beta boils down to 🙂 

Everyone started as a new player without a guild and things turned out all right so forgive me if I don't partake of your pessimism.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/17/2024 at 2:05 AM, A Hamster.2580 said:

As someone who plays with an organized guild and uses discord for voice comm, I am having lots of fun with this beta. I feel there are way more epic fights than before.

This is exactly the reason why you liked it and others don't. Because fighting against an organised goup without being as organised yourselves is effectively pointless and during the beta this is a more frequent experience.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

This is exactly the reason why you liked it and others don't. Because fighting against an organised goup without being as organised yourselves is effectively pointless and during the beta this is a more frequent experience.

Yeah, there were alot of closed squads, the worst was to EBG for me during the last week on Moogoloo (EU), but some don't even run the Current meta and get stomped anyway, even if they go open. 

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

So your world doesnt have people complaining in chat and giving up every single time there isnt a commander on EB but the enemy has a proper squad and roflstomping everything?

I saw some extremes but in general I thought there where far more blob fights and many more smaller squads. For the world... well that's usually 50+ "fight commander" boonblob or nothing. Little in between on any side. Because of course people dont even want to try as they wait for their favorites.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Or perhaps it's just the people more used to it doesn't see a difference but the ones that's not used to it suddenly pipes up about how this experience isn't perhaps as fun as when on well populated server/link.

Also seeing a lot of people complaining about WR and how this will be for the new players checking WvW and having no understanding that there really is no difference for new players if they peek into WvW during WR or with servers, overall probably a better chance for them to get a better experience during WR.

Edited by One more for the road.8950
  • Confused 1

I played as part of Northern Shiverpeaks Council "alliance".

I normally play 3PM EST as a PUG and 8-10PM with my guild every day. I forget what we were the first week. The 2nd week we were Thornwatch. It was awful. We were outnumbered almost all the time in every BL.  Afternoons there were seldom any squads available to join. Sometimes there were what looked like squads but they had closed tags. The 2nd week was much worse than the first week.

It was not good. I am so glad to be back with the NSP server. This alliance concept needs a lot of improvement otherwise it will drive people away from WVW.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:19 AM, Pluton.7364 said:

Guild wars has nothing to do with gvg etc. Its named after series of huge historic wars

if anything wvw we have now is more close to it than your small scale fight with your guild

The historic wars you're referencing is wars between guilds seeking pieces of the bloodstone. 
The guilds fought against each other to acquire it, guilds vs other guilds. 

20 hours ago, Glass Hand.7306 said:

It was not good. I am so glad to be back with the NSP server. This alliance concept needs a lot of improvement otherwise it will drive people away from WVW.

Current state of normal wvw is what drives people away during the event i had more fun than i have had in years but now its just complete crap fest during the event there was almost always equal or near equal fights between people but now its just gigantic blob vs people that stand on walls and watch blob taking everything. 

• Confused 2

On 2/4/2024 at 12:29 AM, reapex.8546 said:

The historic wars you're referencing is wars between guilds seeking pieces of the bloodstone. 
The guilds fought against each other to acquire it, guilds vs other guilds. 

If 2 things wear same name doesnt mean its the same thing… our guild could be named outfits, squads, teams, legions, units etc. etc. etc. Its nothing close to guilds in historic wars😃 they are just caled the same name

Edited by Pluton.7364

On 2/10/2024 at 10:51 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

WvW is a war zone, if players cannot put away their differences and work together to win the match, they don't deserve to win. 

If we grant WVW a meaning of win or lose, if you give players a chance to confront each other on an interesting timeline, then I could say that your observation is correct. But if you don't, your observation is useless, because players won't. Everyone just looks at their own lawn. everything else doesn't matter and doesn't matter. And that's the real problem with WR, in my opinion, it lacks incentive for wider collaboration/sharing, capable of involving all players on the same team/server.

Actually, it's a problem even without WR now, after all the hard blows we've given to this mode's team/server concept. Except that with WR we move further away and perhaps permanently. If that's the vision of the mode, I think it's going to be complicated to find a solution to build the player's motivation.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

If we grant WVW a meaning of win or lose, if you give players a chance to confront each other on an interesting timeline, then I could say that your observation is correct. But if you don't, your observation is useless, because players won't. Everyone just looks at their own lawn. everything else doesn't matter and doesn't matter. And that's the real problem with WR, in my opinion, it lacks incentive for wider collaboration/sharing, capable of involving all players on the same team/server.

Actually, it's a problem even without WR now, after all the hard blows we've given to this mode's team/server concept. Except that with WR we move further away and perhaps permanently. If that's the vision of the mode, I think it's going to be complicated to find a solution to build the player's motivation.

therefore it is a players behaviour problem, not WR problem.

On 2/10/2024 at 11:51 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

WvW is a war zone, if players cannot put away their differences and work together to win the match, they don't deserve to win. 

Sure then give me a power of commissar from 40K so i can execute people who just stand there doing F all.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

Sure then give me a power of commissar from 40K so i can execute people who just stand there doing F all.

You have to gather that power yourself. Did you think Rome is build in a day!? Our squad evolve all the time, various people contribute to the "40k" power. If you want that power build it yourself. 

• Confused 2

On 2/20/2024 at 9:41 PM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

You have to gather that power yourself. Did you think Rome is build in a day!? Our squad evolve all the time, various people contribute to the "40k" power. If you want that power build it yourself. 

Several WvW players have been watching that "evolution" you speak of crumble every day as the game mode loses more and more players thanks to misguided changes, stale awful metas, boonballs wars and no real changes in sight. The game has been going for ten years, and all that WvW players got were two maps ( one of them abandoned and full of obsolete mechanics and glitches ) that aren't intuitive to navigate, and some ruins and everything else is a showcase of nerfing the classes that counter the boonball meta.

It's very convenient and "glass-housy" of you to speak like you're the one that is gathering that power. I'm certain most of that effort is done by your betters and the moment they move on, smashed below the weight of the neglect this gamemode suffers, you'll be here complaining too.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

Several WvW players have been watching that "evolution" you speak of crumble every day as the game mode loses more and more players thanks to misguided changes, stale awful metas, boonballs wars and no real changes in sight. The game has been going for ten years, and all that WvW players got were two maps ( one of them abandoned and full of obsolete mechanics and glitches ) that aren't intuitive to navigate, and some ruins and everything else is a showcase of nerfing the classes that counter the boonball meta.

It's very convenient and "glass-housy" of you to speak like you're the one that is gathering that power. I'm certain most of that effort is done by your betters and the moment they move on, smashed below the weight of the neglect this gamemode suffers, you'll be here complaining too.

cup half empty/full

• 1 month later...

We all know that BETA's bring lots of ppl & half of them will logoff when the game goes back to normal mode (the queues will be  better just because it's not an event anymore). It's not that hard to understand, but it also highlights that everyone is making the problem of queues a larger issue than it actually is, in other words it's probably used as an excuse.

If you have 3000 players on the same team & timezone, add a SMC weekly objective.. there will be a queue at prime time, naturally by design. That's not shocking, that's pure logic. Likewise if you are organizing an alliance, ensure team presence around the clock for success, don't put everyone in the same timezone.. or y'all gonna be fighting queues.

EoTM doesn't have a queue, it creates a new instance when one is full. & teams are more permanently balanced. So although they know how to do it, it has the sideeffect of not bringing in as much income... it's in everyone's interest that Anet can survive too. Just have to find the right balance between "best of both worlds".

• Confused 1