How to solve boonballs/monoblobs

Pluton.7364

People wanted support specs, anet wanted a support spec on every class, people wanted moar alacrity, you get scourge nerfed into alacrity barrier bot.

You want support and boon spam, then you get what you kitten deserve, spammy lag inducing boon balls.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

People wanted support specs, anet wanted a support spec on every class, people wanted moar alacrity, you get scourge nerfed into alacrity barrier bot.

You want support and boon spam, then you get what you kitten deserve, spammy lag inducing boon balls.

Eh… right.

ahem.

i DO want support. And i do want to have a support spec on every class.

what i don’t want is:

100% boon uptime of all the boons.

abilities that can do everything at once (like hatbinger ult-elixir. This is just silly)

a.k.a.

i like to play alac / heal necro. But i would also like it if i have to plan my alacrity so i can apply it when it’s mostly needed, not just always.

i don’t see why those 2 statements contradict each other.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

To be fair support minstrel necro should never have been a thing. It was uncalled and unwanted. There were already guardians, rangers, ele and mesmer as support classes. No need to introduce another one. The good thing necromancer has/had was damage and corrupting boons not shitting barrier and resurrecting people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

Because not every class needs to be support 

You say that like it’s some kinde of divine rule.

yet it is just a sentence you pulled out of your a… fingers.

what a class needs or not is up to the devs and it seems like they want support scourge to be a thing.

if they decide it would be awesome if thieves can only fight by farting little pink flying pigs out of their lower back they do that and what you or i think about this is irrelevant.

try it again: why shouldn’t every class have the possibilities to fill up more needs than just dps? What is a reasonable argument besides „it shouldn’t akayy“?

protip: there isn’t any.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Some reasons:

- it's a balancing nightmare. You have to balance not only 4 specs (core+3) and potentially 3-4 working builds per spec but additionally weapon sets for fractals, raids, open world, pvp and wvw small scale and large scale.
- your protip backfires massively, because having Minstrel Support Scourge deleted Scourge DPS from WvW (that was the only build scourge was viable before in WvW).  Same as Minstrel Chrono Boon Share Mesmer deleted any other Mesmer spec in large scale combat. So your "possibilities" don't exist and they never won't.
- the game doesn't improve by this at all. It just gets to a point where classes get streamlined into nothingness. Can't find a mesmer? Bring a Druid. The boons are identical, but the colors are different. That's just the same bad design WoW other mmorpg have - especially the ancient one with that got eaten by Microsoft.

• Like 1

Your second argument destroys your first tho. Yes you have more balancing to do but in that case we also could delete all elite specs so it’s easier to balance?

i don’t follow this argument.

the third point might be an issue, okay. I just see it different: you really need alac? You can choose from a way bigger classpool and actually play the class you enjoy more instead of being forced to play class X. Personally, i enjoy classes that can adjust to everything on different specs. I don’t like the idea of being forced into that one class, i‘d rather have the possibility to get something else.

/e got dps scourge really nerfed? Afaik the PC build had other traits than the alac-barrier one.

the dps scourge nerf was primarily due to the booncorrup-nerf which has nothing to do with the support scourge. Both can be balanced so they are valuable tho.

players wanting that scourges (or FBs) only play Support doesn’t mean that they are bad dps and it’s more of a player issue than a balancing issue imo.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...

The reason to make it possible for all classes to be able to support is wvw queue's . Don't be thick lol .If your party need's you to swap to support or dps , you just change build/gear.

Also I am a fairly new wvw player , i have played in boonballs and against them . Boonballs seem more effective by far , but also boring as kitten , who is the idiot that thought this garbage up?

• Confused 4

On 1/30/2024 at 5:44 PM, urd.8306 said:

Some reasons:

- it's a balancing nightmare. You have to balance not only 4 specs (core+3) and potentially 3-4 working builds per spec but additionally weapon sets for fractals, raids, open world, pvp and wvw small scale and large scale.
- your protip backfires massively, because having Minstrel Support Scourge deleted Scourge DPS from WvW (that was the only build scourge was viable before in WvW).  Same as Minstrel Chrono Boon Share Mesmer deleted any other Mesmer spec in large scale combat. So your "possibilities" don't exist and they never won't.
- the game doesn't improve by this at all. It just gets to a point where classes get streamlined into nothingness. Can't find a mesmer? Bring a Druid. The boons are identical, but the colors are different. That's just the same bad design WoW other mmorpg have - especially the ancient one with that got eaten by Microsoft.

Thats why classess and character screens have class descriptions that pretty clearly state what role the class suppose to fill and be, its not suppose to be just class skill color differences, it makes it easier from both new player perspective and game design perspective.

>That's just the same bad design WoW other mmorpg have

Original devs of gw2 is long gone, new ones just ride on their success and slowly homogenize the gw2 with other mmos cuz they lack ideas and direction, this is how it is. 

• Like 3