Better UI and access to information

I have already complained about how bad the LFG is in the instance's forum but this extends to most of the UI in game. 

They have made some attempts to add collections for things like legendary's and /Wiki but we need more. If the Wizards Vualt has proved anything is they can make interest new UI that can be engaging rather that the mess that is the Hero panel or LFG. 

The Bonus Events are a good showcase of a particular game mode. Would it not be better to have a nice panel to house it rather than an obscure collection tucked away in the Hero Panel. 

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I have already complained about how bad the LFG is in the instance's forum but this extends to most of the UI in game. 

They have made some attempts to add collections for things like legendary's and /Wiki but we need more. If the Wizards Vualt has proved anything is they can make interest new UI that can be engaging rather that the mess that is the Hero panel or LFG. 

The Bonus Events are a good showcase of a particular game mode. Would it not be better to have a nice panel to house it rather than an obscure collection tucked away in the Hero Panel. 

I'm not sure what you're refering to here?

If you mean PvP it already has an entire menu, which you have to use to get into a match so even if a player doesn't find it directly through the bonus event achievements they'll figure it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm not sure what you're refering to here?

If you mean PvP it already has an entire menu, which you have to use to get into a match so even if a player doesn't find it directly through the bonus event achievements they'll figure it out.

The Bonus Event achievements are in the Hero Panel and not the PvP Panel maybe they need to put them PvP panel.

They will figure it out is my problem, UI works against us when it comes time to find stuff to do.
A perfect example is the WvW weekly disappearing from the achievement selection panel in the top right when you complete it. I want to see its progress even after I completed the initial 8 achievements and after reset without going to find it each time.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

I would not call the wizard vault ui an upgrade to what we had before OP.

At least it proves they can add more UI panels. For the longest time I even assumed the ability to add/change the UI was lost in the spaghetti code.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

For the sake of all that's good, plz no more UI panels based on embedded Chrome. Bad enough WV and the Trading post  cause that anoying mouse cursor freeze for a second while everything else keeps running smoothly, I don't want more of this kitten.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I don't mind the appearance of the Wizard's Vault but the UI for buying things from the WV is terrible, with those buttons for either 1 or 5 at a time and then having to click a confirmation dialog after each one. It's embarrassingly bad.

You dont have to click the confirmation button you can just click the 5 button again.

13 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I don't mind the appearance of the Wizard's Vault but the UI for buying things from the WV is terrible, with those buttons for either 1 or 5 at a time and then having to click a confirmation dialog after each one. It's embarrassingly bad.

Concur.  Why not implement it using the existing Vendor UI that everyone is already familiar with?  That can already handle limited quantity purchases, escalating prices (bags of gold), purchasing multiple of an item at once, etc.

Well the answer of course is that the new UI lets them show flashy graphics to attract peoples' attention to the showcased items.  But that's not a good justification for making it harder to use, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Im all for better UI and especialy LFG but if WV is the benchmark, no ty. I would like lean UI not that bloated kitten that bugs out for me half the time. It really does, sometimes its just empty, blank, its prone to freezing, and often it just rescales itself.

• Confused 2

On 1/25/2024 at 10:32 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

Bonus events are temporary and sporadic, they're not going to make a whole UI element dedicated to it

Seems like they have been back-to-back. It would be a good way to tutorialise the content they are showing off rather than talking to some Lions Arch NPC.

People have requested videos or showcases of how to play certain game modes and their mechanics; Bonus Events are the perfect medium to introduce that concept.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/26/2024 at 2:27 PM, Linken.6345 said:

You dont have to click the confirmation button you can just click the 5 button again.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to try that out.

I maintain it's still a poor UI for usability tho 🙂

Re the bonus events, I've enjoyed the PvP rush event, I'm still Deer level after playing it a little a year ago. It was nice to give it another go and the rush event meant there were more less experienced PvP players around too, meaning the average skill level was more in keeping with my level. Some very good rewards too!

i'm confused at why hey chose a web-based ui to begin with instead of writing a better abstraction layer over the game's existing user interface. it kind of makes sense for the launcher and trading post due to all the network communication going on, but for the vault its just a waste of resources.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1