World Restructuring Beta Event Feedback

• ArenaNet Staff

Thank you all for your participation in the world restructuring beta event. We’ve been keeping an eye on your feedback throughout the beta and would like to follow up with some specific questions now that we're at the end of the event. If you’d like to share your thoughts, please leave answers to the following questions in this thread:

• Do you play on NA or EU?
  • What team were you on during January 12-26?
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2?
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?

Thank you again for your help with this event!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 - NA

2 - Seven Pines 

3 - Skrittsburg 

4 - variable, I have a couple alt accounts so I'll play where ever I can get content on whichever days life allows, usually 3-5 days a week (1-2 on the weekend and 1-3 during the week). I chose one account specifically to answer the questions for, based on its results. 

5 - felt the same but we are frequently stuck in overpopulated server+links and our WR experience matches this, even putting most of our regular NA heavy guilds on the same world for the 2nd part of the beta. Multiple times we had every map queued well past prime time for both parts. 

6 - yes

7 - yes 

8 - no idea I rarely look for other tags & almost exclusively play with my guilds on NA these days.

9 - none, they all felt the same for me this time. 

10 - process for getting people onto the right servers was really great to see. 

11 - the explanation of how to select teams and the UI for doing so needs to be better executed so there's less player error in selecting the correct teams.

·         Do you play on NA or EU?

NA

·         What team were you on during January 12-26?

Stonefall

·         What team were you on during January 26-February 2?

Phoenix Dawn

·         If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?

NA Prime all days (7pm est until content dies)

·         Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?

For the content I’m focused on—fighting groups—it felt more balanced. It seemed like there was always a decent-sized group to hunt down and get fights with. Some of the old servers don’t always have fighting groups on them, so 1/3 of the matchup isn’t exactly interested in coming to fight outside of structures. I played a few times outside of my normal playing hours and I always found some type of active groups running on most of the 3 shards. Seemed to be fewer totally dead timezones.

·         Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?

Yes.

·         Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?

Yes.

·         Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?

Yes.

·         Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?

Either week 1 or 2. Hard to remember exactly, but it felt like those groups of alliances had roughly similar representation of styles of guilds/coverage times. Week 3 ended up with a lot of NA prime fighting guilds on our same shard, and the other groups in the matchup didn’t have as many so it was more difficult to split the content between all the groups we had that wanted to take part in it.

·         What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?

I’d say mixing everything up and keeping things somewhat fresh, with the constant being your chosen alliance wvw guild. Server links can feel like they’re dragging on forever if they’re less optimal, and the most interesting times in wvw are when everything is scrambled and new, with new allies and new enemies.

·         What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?

Queuing felt a little more broken than usual. I don’t think I noticed the queue bug as much after the first two weeks, but having people in your squad hit the bug multiple times and logging out because they don’t want to wait another 30 minutes or an hour again to possibly not be able to join felt bad.

1. NA

2/3 I can't remember

4. Usually Sat/ Monday/Tuesday afternoon

5. They did, however virtually anything would be better than my current server. (is generally a t4 one). We did have a lot of people and things were regularly queued so there is some sign things are working.

6. I did select a guild.

7. No, our PR department is terrible.

8. No. The first server seemed very pug heavy with mostly havoc groups. The 2nd link was weird, because there were definitely guild groups but most of them were running off the radar. I'm not talking about invisible tags, but rather just them doing their own thing and playing in isolation.

The only time I noticed them is when they fed an enemy zerg an hour like literally 30+ times and I saw the KDR plummeting in real time so I suppose joining the tag would not help. I did keep my level 6 participation up though.

It didn't really bother me because I don't really need a tag  due to enjoying cloud style and I have a guild and friends and stuff, but to your average player (especially if they are new to WvW), it could be problematic.

9. The first matchup for sure. Incidentally it was good at all scales of play.

10. The population seems there, also the extra wxp is nice.

11. Map queues are a problem, and also very buggy. Sometimes the queue would pop and then the map would say it's full. Also the pug tag situation may be an issue but that's more of an issue of the current balance situation where it is very hard to pugmand rather than a population issue.

Also this is probably because I am stupid, but a lot of times I don't even know what server I am on, maybe some UI improvements could go in that direction especially now things are going to change rapidly.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1

• NA
    • Titan's Staircase
    • Skritsburgh, I think
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?
    • Mostly weekends, Wed, and then off and on here and there.
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?
    • Much more ballanced
    • Yes
    • No
    • Yes
    • Probably the first one. I started noticing empty maps on the second one.
    • There were always big fights.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?
    • I think the biggest problem will be comm channels. If guilds are moving around a lot there maybe needed an api key system to keep Discord comms for that particular match up. Not Anet problem, but kinda is.

• Do you play on NA or EU? NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? YES
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? TITAN (7 pine the first)
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Most everyday.
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? The first week it felt balanced.  The second week we were consistently outnumbered across all maps at all times.  It also didn't help that there was rampant pin watching the 2nd week.
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? YES
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? YES - but I guess clearly not the second week, relatively speaking.
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Typically.
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? The first.
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? ANET seemed more responsive than usual getting people to the right server.  That sort of seemed to unravel a bit the second week.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?  There is something really weird about the queues.  We were significantly outnumbered the 2nd week and had big queues.   Also, super interesting that is also the 2nd week I saw lots of ANET tags on the opposing teams all that week and never on our side.  (maybe just me and the time of day... I guess... right?).

• Do you play on NA or EU? EU
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? First Haven/Fortune's vale
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Moogooloo/Skrittsburgh
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Almost every other day, during the evening 19:00GMT
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? Less balanced
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? Yes/No
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?  No
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? No not usually, due to queues and lack of content.
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? Neither really.
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? Nothing
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Large Guilds stacked on one world/server using different discords, queue bugs, skill lag and less empty worlds with mainly Pugs and Small guilds.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 2

• What team were you on during January 12-26? Phoenix Dawn
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Skrittsburgh
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Almost every other day, during the evening M-F: daily reset+2:00 M-Th and wvw reset+2:00 Fridays
  •  Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? We always seem outnumbered and most times we actually are.
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? Yes
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?  No I was not aware alliances had been implemented yet?
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Yes I play when my guild provides tag.
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? The first week there was more action. Week 2 was pretty dead.
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? I guess it worked?
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? There were a lot of people who did not know how to choose a wvw guild since it moved from the dedicated tab to the guild list and it's super tiny and looks like a clock most of the time. The ques are insane and buggy. Usually we temporarily join are host guild's discord for the match up but with alliance there is zero communication from allies and a lot of the time they don't even want anyone but themselves on a map and troll and dish abuse in team chat. My normal server is way better than alliance. I guess some people are not so lucky.

Edited by Laureh.2097

NA
    Stonefall
    Phoenix Dawn
    I mostly play during NA Prime but I do play in the morning and afternoon occasionally
    It felt more balanced to me. I feel like I've had some very uneven matchups the past year and it hasn't felt too great. I don't think there was much down time in the beta compared to some of the other matchups I've been in.
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes, I think there was coverage most of the day.
    I would say week 1 and 3 were both fairly enjoyable to me. Week 2 was less enjoyable since Stonefall was in the Tier 1 match up and had to face Phoenix Dawn a second time week 2. I did not enjoy fighting Phoenix Dawn a second time.
    Besides people being misplaced/queue bug, I think honestly it didn't feel super buggy like it has previous betas.

I know before people would end up just setting Server Name World Rank (Phoenix Dawn Mithril Invader) while bein on Phoenix Dawn as a server. Another example was being on green team and being in red spawn! 

I think having misplaced teammates is my biggest issue. I know a few people who didn't want to go through the hassle of talking to customer support to get their team fixed. Unfortunately, there were also a few people who got misplaced both times around which was not super happy. 

If not that, some of the shards/teams I feel were fairly stacked and I'm not sure if it could've been more even or how to evenly place it. (Two separate NA alliances ended up being together). For example:  Indo's alliance (DGEN) +  Grim/Heyy or Nic's alliance (EBG+Boys?) and bTd felt fairly strong.

There was some decent skill lag as others have mentioned but I am unsure whether that is a result of restructuring or perhaps some of the meta shifting!

This is definitely a work in progress but I def enjoyed my beta this time around!
Edited by Frozen.3157
It looked ugly without anything bolded

NA

Griffonfall

Giant's Rise

Friday/Saturday at WvW reset.

Felt like the usual really.

Yes, but my post will be removed if I say it (it starts with M)

Alliances are not active as far as I'm aware

'Usually'? There were commanders when I played, but no, the M server doesn't use commanders.

None of them.

No part of it.

The WvW entry bugging out when I try to go in at reset, meaning I can't enter EBG unless I relog. By the time I get back in, it's queued. I play WvW for WvW reset because I like capturing SMC, but I can't do that if the interface (or mist portals) bug out and don't let me go in. I cannot play at my scheduled time thanks to this beta.

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
  • NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Moogooloo / Dragon's Claw
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Reaper's Corridor /Phoenix Dawn
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? OCX weekends and nights
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? first two weeks were more balanced in both instances
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? yes/yes
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? no/yes
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? no
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? weeks 1 and 2
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? The comms around it were great, also a shoutout to the ANET people that helped get people into their respective alliances.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? week 3 team allocation - we were against mega blobs during OCX, you couldn't really go anywhere as a smaller havoc group of 10 as the bigger groups would map hop to you.

I enjoyed the beta overall, it was nice to get a fresh set of friends and people to play against.
Hope you got enough statistics to help with the team balancing 🙂

• NA
  • Thornwatch
  • First Haven
  • Random days, 7 to 10 PM usually Central US
  • Less balanced atleast the first one.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Yes, I only really play when our Guild commanders are running.
  • Second week
  • Most of it was well executed besides some people getting placed on the wrong team, which was about 3 in our guild.
  • Queue was very big, maybe because of the WVW rush, but the highest queue I saw was 69 and via a screenshot the highest was 100. People getting stuck in queue really sucked.
Edited by Schyloe.2953
time

• What team were you on during January 12-26? Stonefall
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Phoenix Dawn
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? NA EAST prime time
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? More balanced 🙂
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? Yes
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Usually
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? Can't say for sure.
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? Creating fun teams to play with/against.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Not really a world restructuring thing but skill lag was pretty bad, I assume due to the influx of players

3 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Do you play on NA or EU?
What team were you on during January 12-26?What team were you on during January 26-February 2?
If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?
Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?
Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?
Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?
Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?
What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?
What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?

Do you play on NA or EU?
EU

What team were you on during January 12-26?
Dragons Claw

What team were you on during January 26-February 2?
Skritsburgh

If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?
primetime EU 20cet about 2h
Also guild raids sundays thursdays primetime EU 20CET

Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?
less, too many guilds on one side. Too much q´s all the time. Happy to be back to old system.

Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?
Yes

Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?
No just 3 guilds but yes we chose the alliance guild

Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?
yes and no

Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?
it didnt i gave up on Q´s and kinda stopped WvW first week was worst. dont put bonus events on beta you just make people that never play wvw come play wvw for those few weeks which dont give you right kind of data then.

What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?
Fixing people on right servers when they sent ticket.

What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?
Having raiding guilds equally on every server so people have content on every map and not q hours where your guild raids over when you get to the map. Some language barriers Cant follow french commanders they lead in french. Would be nice to have english speaking alliances on same "servers".
Giving people right to choose server when they dont choose alliance guild.

Edited by Persephone.1423
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• EU
    • First Haven
    • Moogooloo (please change that stupid name)
    • evenings, 19:00-22:00 days vary
    • Worst balancing I've seen since the game launched, it was abysmal.
    • no
    • no
    • no. Practically none most of the time.
    • First week.
    • none, it was a horrible experience
    • Its beyond redemption, just abandon it.
    • I play as a solo player, I like grouping up with people, but I dont want a guild, i dont want a schedule, I dont want any obligations real or imagined, this is my casual laid back mmo. Server communities are great. I know commanders, I know what times they go on, I know what discords to use, I know what times the server is active for groups, and when its roaming, and it was usually, by and large, pretty balanced matchups (I deliberately selected a lower pop server to play on).
    • In this beta, its mainly, almost exclusively, closed guild groups running. in off hours there may be open tags, but generally its been massively unbalanced in that the other servers run 30man organised groups even in very off hours....which makes unorganised play almost impossible.
    • also, why did you move us? without any say so? you have guilds choosing servers? but unguilded just get shoved around? no thanks. just because we are not in guilds, does not mean we dont like the community on servers, know people, and know discords etc.
    • our team seemed to be full with massive queues in prime time, and pretty much empty outside of that, seemed very guild run oriented, and if your server was not running guild groups at a specific time, it got stomped by alliances from the other teams.
    • IF YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE PEOPLE CHOOSE TEAMS YOU MUST FLAG IT UP INGAME NOT ON FORUMS
Edited by Cameirus.8407
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• Do you play on NA or EU? - NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? - First Haven
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? - Stonefall
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? - 8PM - 11PM PST, Friday and Saturday
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? - Generally better balance, at least over the weekend
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? - Yes
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? - Yes
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? - Yes
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? - Week 1 and 2 felt more balanced than Week 3
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? - Different teams to battle against compared to server-based matchups, more variety.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? - Ensuring players are placed on the correct team, also an in-game reminder to select guild/alliance prior to the deadline could help in future.

• What team were you on during January 12-26? Griffonfall
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Moogooloo
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Sunday, Mon/Tue/Thur evening
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? More unbalanced - in Griffonfall it felt like we couldn't lose, but in Moogooloo we were constantly getting outnumbered
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? No idea
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? In Griffonfall yes, in Moogooloo no
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? None of them were great, W1 and W2 I could never swap roles due to constant map queues, W3 and W4 barely had anyone online so it was nice to get into EBG fast but not so great to lose by numbers
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? It's nice to be able to actually play with my friends! That part is wonderful. The matchmaking was effortless on my end, click one button and it's good
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Other than just the numbers of people online in each server, the thing I missed most was honestly the people I had made friends with in my normal server. I saw one of my normal commanders pop online and got let down when I realized I couldn't play with them 😞 I wish I could have the best of both worlds, playing with my raid group and playing with new people that I can get to know over time.

• What team were you on during January 12-26? Giant's Rise
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Giant's Rise
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Tue - Sun 11:30am - 1pm est / Sat-Sun 6:30pm-8:30pm est
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? Less
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Yes
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? Week 1
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? There are no bugs with the map names, which is already an improvement.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Fix issues with queuing and players on the wrong team.

• Do you play on NA or EU?  NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? No clue, which is part of the problem i had with it
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2?  no clue, which is part of the problem i had with it 
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? random days, random times, whenever i had time to do it 
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? didn’t notice too much 
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? no, i am not in guilds 
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? n/a
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? only a small percent of the time. 
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? n/a
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?   not having a guild, i worry about the larger guilds forming alliances and all getting put to “main” servers, meanwhile all the pugs and small guilds will be on others, and may have to face more organized groups constantly. I like to split my time between zerging and roaming but without the usual guilds around on my server that i could rely on having commanders and organized coms that i could drop into (and somewhat get to know without actually joining officially), i found it really difficult to 1) have any time zerging 2) if there was a commander, it was hard following them without a voice channel. because my availability is so spotty, i am hesitant to try to join a bigger wvw guild due to expected day/time commitments, etc. so i really felt alone most of the time during the beta. 

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
  1. Do you play on NA or EU?
  2. What team were you on during January 12-26?
  3. What team were you on during January 26-February 2?
  4. If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?
  5. Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?
  6. Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?
  7. Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?
  8. Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?
  9. Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?
  10. What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?
  11. What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?

I played on two different accounts so my answers are doubled up.

1. NA
  2. First Haven/Dragon's Claw
  3. Stonefall/Dragon's Claw
  4. Fri, Sat NA Late night/Sat, Mon, Wed NA Prime time
  5. A little more
  6. Yes to both
  7. Yes to both
  8. Yes, plus I command on one of the accounts myself
  9. The first maybe, but it's hard to tell with the rush event going on at the same time.
  10. Support getting players placed on their chosen teams.  Honestly, felt like the previous beta was better executed with players getting on their teams.  Maybe behind the scenes the matchmaking was good, but players don't really see that part.  Also various display bugs getting fixed was nice.
  11. The UI for sure.  From the way a guild gets selected with better transparency on deadlines (see sPvP automated tournaments for example) to the way the WvW panel works when reset happens and players try to enter WvW.  The locks are confusing and you're not guided to where exactly to fix the problem.

• Like 1

• Do you play on NA or EU? EU
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? I was placed into wrong team twice until finally landing in Thornwatch
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Dragon's Claw
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Friday after reset
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? More balanced
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Yes, mutiple
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? The last week
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? Team balancing
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Long queues. You should be able retain your spot in WvW for a few minutes when disconnecting or changing characters. A few times our raid ended cos the commander dc'd and got stuck in queue. It's not a good WvW experience when the fun is cut short for 50 people because one briefly disconnects.

• What team were you on during January 12-26? Skrittsburg
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Reaper's Corridor
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Weekdays morning through afternoon, sometimes early evening
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? FAR less balanced
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? No
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? No, almost never
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? The first, but subpar compared to usual
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? I understand the desire for more fluid balancing of populations. I'm not sure the data is right to make it work in its current form.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Population balance. I often felt we were facing comped groups in multiple maps (especially in NA primetime), while on my side we could barely field one squad. Commanders were few and far between, especially in the last week of Beta. Overall, less fun to play than the old system.

NA

Phoenix

Reaper's

Weekends, Tues/Thurs

More balanced

Yes

Yes

Yes or I tag up myself

They were all balanced

Team balancing, our squad win rate was about 50%

Can't think of any

1. NA

2. Giant's Rise
3. Reaper's Corridor

4. Weekdays 5:00-9:00 cst, a few nights a week. 

5. Less on Giant's Rise; I didn't play as much on Reaper's Corridor but maybe

6. Yes

7. No

8. For the most part, I didn't wait more than 20-30 min for a tag to pop up. 

9. Week 2

10. I think it went well, but (see below)

11. People should be on the same server no matter what if they have the same guild selected. However you need to code that, otherwise it won't work the way its intended. The average play  time of the people representing that guild, and when they play should greatly influence what server they are on. People would be locked into servers for a set period of time until (relink) and people would have 8 weeks (or however long you set it for) to decide "stay with current guild" or "select a different guild". Have one week of balancing time zone changes as people shuffle, fill gaps with solos and run for another cycle. I know easier said than done but without the data you have, i can't suggest anything better.