Legendary armor- no animation??

On 2/21/2024 at 3:45 PM, Kiki.9450 said:

It does have "leggies." Which, by the way, we usually just call "pants" or "trousers."

More to the topic: I'm not disappointed. The base version is something a lot of people are going to have soon. It's the open world version afterall, and that's the most-played aspect of this game, I'm sure. The next tier might be harder and/or more time-consuming to get and will likely be the real "prestiege" piece here, so I'd anticipate that being the version of the armour with funky effects (maybe even on the 'leggies' too!). We'll see.

Either way, I expect a lot of players will just transmute it anyway.

But isn’t it the casual open world crowd that complained as much about “pointless effects” as the wvw crowd?  That the can’t farm world bosses without going blind. That they have disabilities and the physically hurts them in various ways and prevents them from enjoying the game.  and now a subset that claims to represent the whole playerbase is getting mad because its not all the the things that complained about previously.  This is a slap in the face to players who have high expectations of others, but claim to be victims of evil devs who don’t play the game and hate my class and hate fun and only make cash shop items I am required to have because of slight QOL, and make go to game modes I hate because I lose too much in them and don’t wanna work with other players because its an MMO and I only solo MMOs.    

Did I miss anything?   

This isn’t even that bad a grind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It was announced on Jan 25th, one month (and a few days) in advance.

Which changes exactly what? Was it announced before release? Yes. Were people granted the free relic even if they made the rune right before patch? Yes. 

On top of that Anet has been talking about giving people progress towards the Legendary relic since before that, that date is only the announcement that one Rune=Relic. So, yes, it has been announced months in advance.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Which changes exactly what? Was it announced before release? Yes. Were people granted the free relic even if they made the rune right before patch? Yes. 

On top of that Anet has been talking about giving people progress towards the Legendary relic since before that, that date is only the announcement that one Rune=Relic. So, yes, it has been announced months in advance.

True, I think it's easly more than enough time, especially considering this has always been -and still is- dubbed as a compensation for legendary rune owners. Most people who are complaining about the given timeframe from announcement to ingame implementation are the ones who tried capitalizing on it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Afaik these are "only" the first tier. A second tier will be released with the final patch of SotO. Maybe those will have an animation. But I think nothing is confirmed so far.

I really hope that the second tier gets better visuals with some effects and animations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/21/2024 at 8:27 AM, A R S M A E L.3750 said:

yes, i can. I am only concerned about the fact that ... too much hype and grinding mechanics , explointing the nostalgia of a OBSIDIAN gw2 armor etc etc...then looks like an 800 gems skin

As far as I’m aware, this legendary set is obtained through solo content, it exists to give the ability to solo players to obtain a huge QoL set, I.e changeable stars on the fly without cost while being usable simultaneously on every char of the same armour type.

there has to be some devide towards a gear set that physically requires you to enter competitive or end game systems. Otherwise you delete the only reward u physically obtain by these game modes

On 2/21/2024 at 8:17 AM, A R S M A E L.3750 said:

its a leg. PVP and WvW has an aura effect ... this one, even if it is the T1 should have something "LEGGY" that doesnt seems to have

yet it does, the fact it has changeable stats on the fly and simultaneously and usable on all chars of the same gear type at the same time is what by definition makes it legendary.

And yeah, I agree with:

On 2/21/2024 at 4:26 PM, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Please let there not be any animations. All I want from this game are simple, elegant and good looking armor sets, which 90% of the existing ones aren't. Most are incredibly overdesigned with far too many stupid bells and whistles

Every leggy ends up looking like a cheap disco night, more normalised looking gear sets as a option is great especially when these flashy sets already exist and are perfectly achievable by the players demanding them 

just go get the other legendary set if that’s what you want cosmetically, don’t delete other options from existing

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Puck.3697 said:

there has to be some devide towards a gear set that physically requires you to enter competitive or end game systems. Otherwise you delete the only reward u physically obtain by these game modes

That "divide" is an unique skin. Unique, as in "different". Not necessarily a better one.

And besides, hey, look, both WvW and SPvP sets actually lack an unique legendary skin, having to do with the precursor skin only.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That "divide" is an unique skin. Unique, as in "different". Not necessarily a better one.

And besides, hey, look, both WvW and SPvP sets actually lack an unique legendary skin, having to do with the precursor skin only.

They don't lack them, they just had those unique upgraded skins before they got turned into legendary armor. The fact that you dislike them doesn't change anything about it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They don't lack them, they just had those unique upgraded skins before they got turned into legendary armor. The fact that you dislike them doesn't change anything about it.

The truth is that those are skins that can be obtained without making a legendary armor. Therefore, they aren't unique legendary skins. My opinions on quality of those skins has nothing to do with it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

On 2/21/2024 at 5:26 PM, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Please let there not be any animations. All I want from this game are simple, elegant and good looking armor sets, which 90% of the existing ones aren't. Most are incredibly overdesigned with far too many stupid bells and whistles.

I think tier 2 / 3 will introduce combat effects / animations to the legendary gear... but you already have the non-animated version then of the skin, so just keep using that.

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The truth is that those are skins that can be obtained without making a legendary armor. Therefore, they aren't unique legendary skins. My opinions on quality of those skins has nothing to do with it.

So something you -as far as I remember- were up for when it came to talking about other legendary skins "because you already have the legendary utility"? And now that discounts them as being legendary skins?
Yes, your opinion on quality of those skins shouldn't have anything to do with it, but first you talk about "unique [gamemode] skins" and then claim wvw/pvp don't have theirs, just because the skins came before they added legendary utility to them. Not only that, but you striaght up call them "precursor skins" (why? Who knows). What is this supposed to be based on if not on their quality or you disliking them?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So something you -as far as I remember- were up for when it came to talking about other legendary skins "because you already have the legendary utility"? And now that discounts them as being legendary skins?
Yes, your opinion on quality of those skins shouldn't have anything to do with it, but first you talk about "unique [gamemode] skins" and then claim wvw/pvp don't have theirs, just because the skins came before they added legendary utility to them. Not only that, but you striaght up call them "precursor skins" (why? Who knows). What is this supposed to be based on if not on their quality or you disliking them?

My suggestion alwasy assumed a prerequisite of already having at least one legendary set of the same weight. This skin has no such requirement. And i call them "precursor skins" because that's what they literally are - skins that come from precursor armor. Quality has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

My suggestion alwasy assumed a prerequisite of already having at least one legendary set of the same weight. This skin has no such requirement.

That's not what currently makes or breaks a legendary skin since it's still nothing more than your slightly more detailed unlock wish about other skins. So now your addition of "only if you have another leggy item set" is somehow supposed to dismiss the current wvw/pvp skins. But it doesn't.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

That's not what currently makes or breaks a legendary skin since it's still nothing more than your slightly more detailed unlock wish about other skins. So now your addition of "only if you have another leggy item set" is somehow supposed to dismiss the current wvw/pvp skins. But it doesn't.

You claiming otherwise won't make the precursor skin an unique legendary one either.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

You claiming otherwise won't make the precursor skin an unique legendary one either.

It's not a precursor, it's a legenadry skin you can use with or without legendary utility with its cost adjusted while still requiring the participation in related content.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's not a precursor, it's a legenadry skin you can use with or without legendary utility with its cost adjusted while still requiring the participation in related content.

"adjusted"? It's the original cost it had before Anet even thought of WvW/SPvP having legendary sets. And Anet straight out said, when they were releasing those legendary sets, that they won't have unique skins. You are trying really hard here to prove something everyone knows is not true.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

"adjusted"? It's the original cost it had before Anet even thought of WvW/SPvP having legendary sets.

Buy a legendary skin from wvw.
Get legendary armor from wvw.
Compare the costs.

Yup, "adjusted" based on the utility you decide to get. You know, basically what some of the people want for other legendary armor skins: "show participation, skip the gold cost".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3