Legendary armor- no animation??

sPVP and WvW sets say "hi". 

Although in this particular case having a lege armor with no animation would mean that price hike on "living world" (and yes i do consider SOTO a glorified paid living world season) is unjustified cause we were promissed improvements in quality of content. 

And whats the deal with tier 1 and tier 2 lege armor? According to wiki shown sets costs roughly the same amount mats/money to craft (and similar effort) like raid lege armor. If we need to pay up more to get some kind of tier 2 just for the animations that would be just dumb and a final nail in the coffin of this game for me personally

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

Where does it say that the armor will have animations? I only could find that it will have combat effects. 
I am going for the new medium armor but I actually hope that animations will stay exclusive to the raid armor. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Where does it say that the armor will have animations? I only could find that it will have combat effects. 
I am going for the new medium armor but I actually hope that animations will stay exclusive to the raid armor. 

its a leg. PVP and WvW has an aura effect ... this one, even if it is the T1 should have something "LEGGY" that doesnt seems to have

• Like 2
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Iterious.9715 said:

just raid

yes, i can. I am only concerned about the fact that ... too much hype and grinding mechanics , explointing the nostalgia of a OBSIDIAN gw2 armor etc etc...then looks like an 800 gems skin . 

6 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

looks just mediocre. so kinda relieved i don't want it just for the skin.

on a positive side note seems we get a muscle flex emote ...

yeah, i saved my ectos ... i had a bad feeling about the armor, but.... hope been wrong and they can surprise me. 

JOJO POSE EMOTE REFERENCE !!

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, A R S M A E L.3750 said:

its a leg. PVP and WvW has an aura effect ... this one, even if it is the T1 should have something "LEGGY" that doesnt seems to have

One single piece of the WvW armor as an effect. The chest piece and the effect variant is an extra optional step you have to pay for. 

And it's just some tentacles that is not much more then an average looking black lion chest back item skin. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I also would like to know more about the tier2 (both as skin and cost). I have enough mats to buy 2 sets of legendary PvP armor and 1 set with LI, but I'm still waiting to decide what's the less ugly weight for each set. I guess I have to wait other 3 months before crafting them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A R S M A E L.3750 said:

yes, i can. I am only concerned about the fact that ... too much hype and grinding mechanics , explointing the nostalgia of a OBSIDIAN gw2 armor etc etc...then looks like an 800 gems skin . 

yeah, i saved my ectos ... i had a bad feeling about the armor, but.... hope been wrong and they can surprise me. 

JOJO POSE EMOTE REFERENCE !!

To be fair. The original Gw1 obsi armors looked like hot garbage. 

It only had prestige because of the way it was acquired. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It is my understanding that the animations on the raid armour were an absolute nightmare to code, the resource investment is just not worth it. Someone else may be able to verify this but, I believe they may have said they would not be doing something exactly like that again.

2 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

And whats the deal with tier 1 and tier 2 lege armor? According to wiki shown sets costs roughly the same amount mats/money to craft (and similar effort) like raid lege armor. If we need to pay up more to get some kind of tier 2 just for the animations that would be just dumb and a final nail in the coffin of this game for me personally

It has been teased that alternative skins will be earnable in a similar fashion to the alternative 3rd gen Aurene legendary weapon skins based on the other dragons.

We already have something similar in the PvP and WvW skins where there are more shiny versions of the precursor armour that are more expensive and have some glowy effects on them. While not a direct T2 upgrade to the legendary itself, it does mean that the shiny set is more expensive than the "basic" one, even though the only difference is cosmetic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PVE casuals get a chance to get a unique set of legendary armor, and you complain about animation? Clearly you are not getting it for its functionality. Besides, I would wait for the last tier 2 to release before making any judgements. Tier 2 will obviously be better and most likely have the animations to it. They develop it like this to fit the expansion releases and to make people play it longer. Because the content is not challenging like raids, does it matter that you have to grind a little bit longer to get an animation? Wvw and pvp are major grinds to get their legendary armor, and they have different tiers as well, animation/no animation.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, A R S M A E L.3750 said:

Technically speaking it is incorrect - WvW and PvP legendary armor sets have no skin of their own, instead inheriting the skin of the ascended piece used for crafting it.

T3 ascended chestpiece for WvW has a variant  in-combat tendrils FX. Also a variant without.

47 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Tier 2 will obviously be better and most likely have the animations to it.

I am presuming they are doing og wvw/pvp ring/amulet situation here - T1 easier acquirable without flashy effects for people that want less flashy fashion, and T2 as additional token expense to get the flashy bit. Since it would be tad harder to make a flash togglebox for armor pieces, where helmet and shoulderpiece already has togglebox to flat out hide it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 2/21/2024 at 3:11 AM, Dutchdevil.6902 said:

Does it take as much effort to make a wvw or  pvp leggy armor, as it does to make the obisian leggy??

No, the obsidian armor does not take much effort. Just gold and some account bound currency grind that can be done in 2 weeks.

On 2/21/2024 at 3:11 AM, Dutchdevil.6902 said:

So much effort for just a GEM store armor skin.... so bad this! so easy and cheap. w

If you have gold and two weeks it is very low effort.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
Edit for clarity.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, A R S M A E L.3750 said:

It does have "leggies." Which, by the way, we usually just call "pants" or "trousers."

More to the topic: I'm not disappointed. The base version is something a lot of people are going to have soon. It's the open world version afterall, and that's the most-played aspect of this game, I'm sure. The next tier might be harder and/or more time-consuming to get and will likely be the real "prestiege" piece here, so I'd anticipate that being the version of the armour with funky effects (maybe even on the 'leggies' too!). We'll see.

Either way, I expect a lot of players will just transmute it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, A R S M A E L.3750 said:

i am very dissapointed too, hope they can make it "special"  , feels and seems like a common 800 gems skin

There are Gem Store skins that look a lot better than that! 😄

7 hours ago, Dutchdevil.6902 said:

Don't tell me the new legendary armor sets have no animation?

I really don't care for animations. I would have liked it to look exactly like the concept art, not like a kitsch version of it. The metal parts look truly cartoonishly clunky and the obsidian is shiny like Marvel's Iron Man's armor. 🤔

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No. Just gold and some account bound currency grind that can be done in 2 weeks.

It takes considerably longer than two weeks to make the PvP and WvW sets.

PvP takes a minimum of three ranked seasons, this can take months depending on season length.

WvW takes 18-24 weeks to earn the skirmish tickets required depending on which set you go for.

(Yes you can get more than the weekly cap from assault and defence events, but considering you need above gold participation and the events reward a single ticket, it won't have much of an impact)

Those are the only enforced time gates due to the caps on currency, everything else is as you say, just a matter of having enough gold to buy the materials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

It takes considerably longer than two weeks to make the PvP and WvW sets.

PvP takes a minimum of three ranked seasons, this can take months depending on season length.

WvW takes 18-24 weeks to earn the skirmish tickets required depending on which set you go for.

Yep.

18 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

(Yes you can get more than the weekly cap from assault and defence events, but considering you need above gold participation and the events reward a single ticket, it won't have much of an impact)

Those are the only enforced time gates due to the caps on currency, everything else is as you say, just a matter of having enough gold to buy the materials.

Yep. Do each meta every day for few weeks, gather from all the arcane chests as often as you can, do events, gather all the latent magic on each map each day, then use gold to buy Unstable Kryptis Motivations and coffers.

The maps can be lit pretty easily while gathering latent magic and doing the metas. If you no-life it, it can be down in 1/10 the time of the WvW set. The only reason I haven't made all three tiers of Obsidian armor is because it's been slow walked piecemeal by the release schedule.

• Like 1