Legendary armor- no animation??

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Genuine question: was there any "it doesn't have to look good, we want OW Legendary" threads?

I don't recall looks ever coming up in those threads. There were plenty of threads discussing time length/activities required as well as costs. I just can't remember any of the weekly/monthly threads with any significant amount of posters saying they didn't care about appearance.

Ive seen posts and threads stating that all the individual wanted was the functionality.  The thing is that those people are not the ones complaining now.

Those attempting to lump everyone who wanted OW legendary armor together are off-base. One person might just be interested in the functionality while another is looking for a visual trophy to show off his effort. Two different people wanting two completely different things for different reasons.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Ive seen posts and threads stating that all the individual wanted was the functionality.  The thing is that those people are not the ones complaining now.

Those attempting to lump everyone who wanted OW legendary armor together are off-base. One person might just be interested in the functionality while another is looking for a visual trophy to show off his effort. Two different people wanting two completely different things for different reasons.

Exactly, some didn't care what it looked like, some did, the vast, vast majority didn't express an opinion at all.

Same with those who said they didn't care how much it cost in time and materials, some didn't care, some did but most didn't say one way or the other.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone on these forums but apparently there are still some easily confused people who don't get it.

• Like 7
  • Confused 6

Well, I do care about what an armor looks like, especially if you spend half a year gathering materials because it is legendary and all the legendaries in the game are special in effects and appearance, it is something intuitive and obvious but part of the community when faced with an opinion and request seems to bother them and they prefer to sink and discredit based on whether or not something was literally said that could give us a correct expectation. Does that seem confusing to you in my post?

The skins are what sells the most in this game, they make new designs all the time for a reason, even the theme of the capes gives us a clear idea that people like them.

That the topic itself becomes controversial is a sign that skins matter and that is what I wanted, to be heard and read by someone from arena net with the hope that my opinion and those of others who share it are taken into account. Thats why i replied it .

How sad that some people of the community itself discredits and sinks an improvement for its own game. You cant make a petition because isnt well written or justified .

I hope that Google Translator has translated it well, with points and commas for those who are easily confused *sarcasm*.

• Like 4
  • Confused 8

I think that the two tier approach to the armor has a lot of potential. A first tier that is relatively easy to acquire provides the functionality that is important to some OW players with a tier two that might be more difficult (or at least more effort) to act as a visual trophy for those seeking that (a common goal in MMOs).

And the base skins, in my opinion, are decent to excellent (love the medium, like the heavy, not a fan of the light).  

Disclaimer: I am not intending to go after these sets as I already have legendary armor for all weights and dont consider skins alone to be worth the effort. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Dutchdevil.6902 said:

Cause all that grind for just a standard set.... I already got the first leggy armors.

1 hour ago, A R S M A E L.3750 said:

Well, I do care about what an armor looks like, especially if you spend half a year gathering materials because it is legendary and all the legendaries in the game are special in effects and appearance, it is something intuitive and obvious but part of the community when faced with an opinion and request seems to bother them and they prefer to sink and discredit based on whether or not something was literally said that could give us a correct expectation. Does that seem confusing to you in my post?

The skins are what sells the most in this game, they make new designs all the time for a reason, even the theme of the capes gives us a clear idea that people like them.

If the looks of an item is a main draw for you, maybe you should wait to see it before you commit to getting materials for it?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

i think my biggest complain is that it covers too much, as usual. when will they grasp the concept that many charr and norn players don't want to be fully covered? nearly everything they wear makes them look like a walking metal box. i get that culturally, the blood legion charr would wear stuff like this, but the other two legions wouldn't, and the norn wouldn't wear stuff like this at all as you can tell by their cultural armors where even the heavy set is revealing!

i guess we're supposed to be happy that the metal box doesn't have a buttcape this time, but it still has those awful football shoulderpads so *shrug*.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Khaos.6479 said:

While people are complaining about there will be animation or not. I'm complaining cause there is no difference between male and female armor. 😐

Do any of the other legendary armors have changes bettwen male and female other then the bulge for lumps on females?

24 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Do any of the other legendary armors have changes bettwen male and female other then the bulge for lumps on females?

Some have slight differences in their designs. Raid light armor is probably most pronounced where the female version is more reveiling than the male version.

16 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

One single piece of the WvW armor as an effect. The chest piece and the effect variant is an extra optional step you have to pay for. 

And it's just some tentacles that is not much more then an average looking black lion chest back item skin. 

Also the wvw u can't dye the shiny effect on armor, just the "tentacles".

the pvp/wvw utilize the weird "shine dye channel", most dyes get blanded in some shiny effect that make them looks plastic.

5 hours ago, Khaos.6479 said:

While people are complaining about there will be animation or not. I'm complaining cause there is no difference between male and female armor. 😐

Right? I want cleavage! Tasteful sexy cleavage! The light armor design itself has a little bit of a regal look to it, which I do like in general, but come on. Cleavage!

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Gee emotes on forums were a great idea.

They really do need to get rid of them. People should use their words to support or denounce a post. Emotes are better suited for when you are limited to like 500 characters being typed into a post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 9

10 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

Right? I want cleavage! Tasteful sexy cleavage! The light armor design itself has a little bit of a regal look to it, which I do like in general, but come on. Cleavage!

Can the males also have cleavage? I want equal support. We've been doing well here lately, and I want to see that continue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

While I don't really care about it being animated or not, well actually I would appreciate it being of a simpler design but no pressure. The thing that pains me in this armor is the medium helmet on charr. It is a LEGENDARY, it supposed to be the most polished set in the game, it supposed to have holes for horns so it looks as immersive as possible, and yet it don't even let You to have Your usual clipping horns. It hides them completly from what the previews show. It pains me even more when I see the similar skin in gemstore (Heretical Scholar one) that have horns enabled.

Ye, I am crafting few pieces only for the skin. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/21/2024 at 9:11 AM, Dutchdevil.6902 said:

Does it take as much effort to make a wvw or  pvp leggy armor, as it does to make the obisian leggy??

So much effort for just a GEM store armor skin.... so bad this! so easy and cheap. w

If all these players keep throwing away money for less effort why should they put in more effort? If you can sell double the skins for half effort compared to much effort and less money. Easy choice for them. Their marketing team does an amazing job. 😃👍🏻

but you should be happy you got atleast legendary armor. For me it was my last goal. But then i have to raid for a whole year. 

Edited by Holmindeboks.3490
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

• 3 weeks later...

I am disappointed with this as well. I expected animated stuff, I wouldn't even use these without transmutation or an outfit. Looks so generic.
I was looking for some visual trophy as well after all that Kryptis rift and meta grind. They definitely need rework.

Edited by Umut.5471
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Umut.5471 said:

I am disappointed with this as well. I expected animated stuff, I wouldn't even use these without transmutation or an outfit. Looks so generic.
I was looking for some visual trophy as well after all that Kryptis rift and meta grind. They definitely need rework.

Afaik these are "only" the first tier. A second tier will be released with the final patch of SotO. Maybe those will have an animation. But I think nothing is confirmed so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

Afaik these are "only" the first tier. A second tier will be released with the final patch of SotO. Maybe those will have an animation. But I think nothing is confirmed so far.

Originally they were saying that those two tiers were supposed to not be upgrades, but variants. That should have meant both versions being on similar level of quality, not one being visibly superior (in the graphics resources put into it, because, obviously, aestethics are subjective)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

On 2/21/2024 at 8:24 PM, Dutchdevil.6902 said:

Hello,

Don't tell me the new legendary armor sets have no animation? Or can we expect that in tier 2?

Cause all that grind for just a standard set.... I already got the first leggy armors.

Regards,

I fairly certain they confirmed something for Tier 2. Who knows what it will look like could be Kryptis/Wizard/Rift hunter or all the dragon's infused magic.

Maybe all of the above, the Armors effects tend to be activated when starting combat but the third generation Legendary Weapons have that to so I don't know how they will override each other. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Casuals, before SotO: "We want leggy armor but don't want to do the specialized content to earn it, give us openworld legendary armor! We don't even care if it has effects or looks super basic, we want it for the stat changing!"

Casuals, after SotO: "WhErE ArE mY SpEShUl EfFeCTs??!!11one!?"

Anet can literally not win. I'm sure if they'd just handed it out for free there'd be someone finding something to complain about. XD

• Thanks 8
  • Confused 4

39 minutes ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

Anet can literally not win. I'm sure if they'd just handed it out for free there'd be someone finding something to complain about. XD

Considering there were complaints about the Leggo Relic's cost, and the "get it for free" system being apparently unfair once it was released even though it has been announced by Anet months in advance that whoever has atleast one Legendary Rune prior to Feb28 will get the relic for free is proof that people will complain regardless what happens. Then again the LWS1 rerun was a bigger proof of the "damned if you damned if you don't" demands from players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

has been announced by Anet months in advance that whoever has atleast one Legendary Rune prior to Feb28 will get the relic for free 

It was announced on Jan 25th, one month (and a few days) in advance.

Otherwise, yeah, people are going to find something to complain about.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Originally they were saying that those two tiers were supposed to not be upgrades, but variants. That should have meant both versions being on similar level of quality, not one being visibly superior (in the graphics resources put into it, because, obviously, aestethics are subjective)

As far as I'm aware -based on the last post you made about it and I responded to- that's something you made up by yourself. The comparison to weapon variants was in response to the acquisition, "which one is legendary" and "is one item needed to get another". Not sure why you're still repeating this here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1