Legendary armor- no animation??

5 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

PVE casuals get a chance to get a unique set of legendary armor, and you complain about animation? Clearly you are not getting it for its functionality. Besides, I would wait for the last tier 2 to release before making any judgements. Tier 2 will obviously be better and most likely have the animations to it. They develop it like this to fit the expansion releases and to make people play it longer. Because the content is not challenging like raids, does it matter that you have to grind a little bit longer to get an animation? Wvw and pvp are major grinds to get their legendary armor, and they have different tiers as well, animation/no animation.

Yes, exactly.  It's a way for those who enjoy "grinding" open world to be able to have legendary armor.  Personally not fond of the appearance of any of the legendary armor from raids or pvp, WvW is so so.  I want it for the convenience and not having to craft a brand new set everytime I wish to change my build and gear.  

Maybe they'll come out with skins like the Aurene legendaries 😉

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Shout-out to all those old "I don't care what it looks like, I just want open world legendary armor" threads

Yeah it truly is ridiculous but it was to be expected. The casual open world players will cry and complain no matter what. 
Nowhere does it say that the open world armor will have animations. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 6
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Please let there not be any animations. All I want from this game are simple, elegant and good looking armor sets, which 90% of the existing ones aren't. Most are incredibly overdesigned with far too many stupid bells and whistles.

More bells and whistles you say? And seizure inducing particle effects everywhere? We got you m8, don't worry. ANet hears you loud and clear.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Yeah it truly is ridiculous but it was to be expected. The casual open world players will cry and complain no matter what. 
Nowhere does it say that the open world armor will have animations. 

really wish people like u could learn that here are no groups but only individual posters. 

there is no we here just individual opinions so even if u read someone says he doesn't care the skin. it doesn't mean no one care.

hope that clears ur confusions up

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

7 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

really wish people like u could learn that here are no groups but only individual posters. 

there is no we here just individual opinions so even if u read someone says he doesn't care the skin. it doesn't mean no one care.

hope that clears ur confusions up

It won't help: they don't want to understand, some people just want something to sneer at.

Edited by Pifil.5193
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

14 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Who would have thought that the "it doesn't have to look good, we want OW Legendary" and "cost doesn't matter, we want OW Legendary" threads will turn into complaints about the cost and look of OW Legendary.

Genuine question: was there any "it doesn't have to look good, we want OW Legendary" threads?

I don't recall looks ever coming up in those threads. There were plenty of threads discussing time length/activities required as well as costs. I just can't remember any of the weekly/monthly threads with any significant amount of posters saying they didn't care about appearance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

34 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Who would have thought that the "it doesn't have to look good, we want OW Legendary" and "cost doesn't matter, we want OW Legendary" threads will turn into complaints about the cost and look of OW Legendary.

Some people obviously just want it for the skins, already having legendary sets. Having pre-farmed for 6 months because of the huge amount of account-bound materials, I can understand the disappointment.

Who would have thought different people have different expectations? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

22 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Genuine question: was there any "it doesn't have to look good, we want OW Legendary" threads?

I don't recall looks ever coming up in those threads. There were plenty of threads discussing time length/activities required as well as costs. I just can't remember any of the weekly/monthly threads with any significant amount of posters saying they didn't care about appearance.

You do know that Open World Legendary armor has been discussed before Soto, right?
I do recall all the people agreeing with me whenever I said that OW Legendary should only be a thing if it's expensive or takes long to get, hell people even agreed on the suggestion that it should be some basic armor, but with Legendary quality.
I also recall these going for a good 20-30 pages, maybe try looking before Anet announced OW Legendary armor, good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll find enough of them in 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, I think it was even a topic discussed in 2018 and before.

• Like 10
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You do know that Open World Legendary armor has been discussed before Soto, right?

100%. That's entirely what I was referring to.

6 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I do recall all the people agreeing with me whenever I said that OW Legendary should only be a thing if it's expensive or takes long to get, hell people even agreed on the suggestion that it should be some basic armor, but with Legendary quality.
I also recall these going for a good 20-30 pages, maybe try looking before Anet announced OW Legendary armor, good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll find enough of them in 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, I think it was even a topic discussed in 2018 and before.

Oh I don't plan on doing a search. I think the "it doesn't have to look good, we want OW Legendary" idea was made up to make a disingenuous point for this thread.

Time length and activities and costs were discussed over and over again. Appearance really never came up. Again, going from memory.

• Like 3
  • Confused 11

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

That’s not true. I remember posts about appearance and that OW armor doesn’t need to have animations. 

That's actually fair. I was thinking about base appearance and not whether or not it would have particles or animations.

Still, I think that was more of a minor side point here and there and never the actual points of the threads. They were always whether or not OW leg armor even had a reason to exist. And if the thread went further it was "what sorts of OW activities should go into it".

Like I said, I'm going from memory and have no desire to do a deep dive/search into the last several years of threads on the topic.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

6 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

100%. That's entirely what I was referring to.

Oh I don't plan on doing a search. I think the "it doesn't have to look good, we want OW Legendary" idea was made up to make a disingenuous point for this thread.

Time length and activities and costs were discussed over and over again. Appearance really never came up. Again, going from memory.

I've been going on and disagreeing with the idea of OW Legendary for years commenting on those threads every time they popped up. That's kinda why I can tell how long they went on and what points were brought up. 

If you don't want to check don't suggest the other is being disingenuous. I could make up stuff about you and then go "yeah, I won't check if it's the case".

• Like 6
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I've been going on and disagreeing with the idea of OW Legendary for years commenting on those threads every time they popped up. That's kinda why I can tell how long they went on and what points were brought up. 

If you don't want to check don't suggest the other is being disingenuous. I could make up stuff about you and then go "yeah, I won't check if it's the case".

I was involved in more than a few over the last couple of years as well.

I won't check because there are literally dozens or more threads that went on for hundreds of pages (adding them together). I'm on here for general discussion and my own entertainment. Not for doing hours of search work. And I don't actually think you are being disingenuous. I thought part of this statement (just the first half):

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

was never really a thread point. I completely agree the second half was. That's what this was my initial response:

59 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

It was in fact a genuine question.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Just now, idpersona.3810 said:

I was involved in more than a few over the last couple of years as well.

I won't check because there are literally dozens or more threads that went on for hundreds of pages (adding them together). I'm on here for general discussion and my own entertainment. Not for doing hours of search work. And I don't actually think you are being disingenuous. I thought part of this statement (just the first half):

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Which is it then? You don't recall ever seeing them or being in multiple ones?

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

ya can totally imagine that one guy saying:

I want a legendary armor thru ow. BUT make it hard as possible for me oh and expensive way way more than the others....what else hmm ya ugly make it ugly. perfect im so happy i hate myself!!

i promise u nooone in their right mind ask for self punishment like that. a few may do but i doubt u get a majority to agree on that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

6 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Which is it then? You don't recall ever seeing them or being in multiple ones?

Ha. There were lots and lots of threads on OW legendary armor. There were not (to my recollection) repeated threads on "I don't care what OW legendary armor will look like". That was my only sticking point in your response above.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Ha. There were lots and lots of threads on OW legendary armor. There were not (to my recollection) threads on "I don't care what OW legendary armor will look like". That was my only sticking point in your response above.

So now you recall seeing what I'm talking about, but an hour ago you did not? Did you end up looking it up afterall?

• Like 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

So now you recall seeing what I'm talking about, but an hour ago you did not? Did you end up looking it up afterall?

I don't actually understand the misunderstanding here. There is a difference between threads on OW legendary armor and threads on "it doesn't have to look good, we want OW Legendary" threads.
This whole thing tho seems non-productive at this point and certainly doesn't contribute in any meaningful way to the thread. So, I'm sorry for my part of this tangent.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Ha. There were lots and lots of threads on OW legendary armor. There were not (to my recollection) repeated threads on "I don't care what OW legendary armor will look like". That was my only sticking point in your response above.

Most threads about open world legendary armor were of general nature, but part of the discussion inside the threads was about appearance and animation. Maybe read more than just the title. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Not sure about whole "threads" directed at that, but there sure were plenty of posts about it, as well as that general "whatever, it's just about utility it provides". Despite that "general" sentence I just wrote, yes, people did specifically say that it doesn't matter what it looks like with a honorable mention justification of "because most people change the looks of their legendaries anyways" (and not using transmutating charges was also -from what was being written in those threads- a huge goal of that "casual crowd").
No prestige, no looks, grind doesn't matter, it's just that utilityyy. Suddenly too grindy (even though it isn't) and not sparkly enough. Who could have possibly expected any of it.
But hey, maybe it sold some expansions 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4