Ready to become even more legendary?

5 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

The point is there were nothing clear written about the relic. They wrote one thing, proposing you to grind for 7 runes for progress, then only one rune enough, but legendary relic is not that legendary anymore. This precedent allows to inquire about legendary status of armor as well in case they changed they mind. So worth asking ... Although it was a sarcasm.

Yes, there was. And, again, no it does not allow to inquire about legendary status of armor as well since, as I wrote in the post you've just quoted: The point was that what was written about legendary relic was not written about the upcoming legendary armor.

Now that I understand what your "goal" here is, while it is clear you're still missing what's spelled out in the post you're directly quoting (and not even for the first time), I'm not sure there's a reason for me to keep repeating what you're refusing to pick up anyways. Not that it plays right into what I said about understanding what one reads. Good luck with your future totally unpredictable surprises, I'm done with this greatly productive comment chain. 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not really, they said something along the lines of "relic will be able to get new effects with new releases" quite a while ago, which might have not been a 100% clear wording because technically "normal" legendaries also are -automatically- expanding with new stats, but that's pretty much the reason why I suspected we'll need to keep unlocking new relics before they'll be available to pick on the legendary one. Since if it was "working like other legendaries", it wouldn't exactly be worth mentioning as something new or different. Still wasn't completely sure that will be the case, but can't say it was unexpected.

As far as I'm aware nothing similar was mentioned in this case, so I'm saying it will be the same as any other legendary gear.

Dude, not sure what's up with you. You were telling me that you suspected unlock mechanics on the runes, which was clearly impossible. I was explaining you this whole time this moment.

Legendary armor clearly worth clarifying as they are changing they mind recently, but my conversation was mostly about first part 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

Dude, not sure what's up with you. You were telling me that you suspected unlock mechanics on the runes, which was clearly impossible.

No, it wasn't impossible (and it wasn't exactly a "prediction"), it was based on what I mentioned in my previous posts. Are you even reading? Maybe pay attention what you're quoting, this is so weird 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm going to get flak for this, but here's my take:

The whole debate on the legendary rune is kinda stupid imo

Like, you seriously expected a rune to be able to let you use relics you haven't even unlocked, despite some of them being tied to literal achievements?

You want the Relic of Nourys? Earn it.

Anyone who expected a legendary to let you bypass earning unique relics through strikes, achievements, etc. did not go into this with reasonable expectations

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

40 minutes ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

Like, you seriously expected a rune to be able to let you use relics you haven't even unlocked, despite some of them being tied to literal achievements?

Anyone who expected a legendary to let you bypass earning unique relics through strikes, achievements, etc. did not go into this with reasonable expectations

It is what Anet said would happen.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-relics-are-coming-soon/

Legendary relics will come with all Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure relic effects unlocked[...]They’ll also have automatic access to the new relic effects we’re planning to release alongside our third major release for Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure.

starting with the fifth expansion—new relic effects will need to be unlocked within each expansion in order to be accessible via legendary relics.

Edit

Do note that SotO is the 4th expansion mate

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

You will literally get access to it without unlock in current legendary relic... Only next expansion will require unlock.

• Confused 1

Sadly, the Light Set is the only one that looks like its original concept (see Concept Art).

The realization of the Medium and the Heavy Set is plain awful. All the elements look clunky (almost cartoonish, like WoW), and on top of that, the proportions are totally off.  Examples:

• superfat hips and legs in the heavy set, in stark contrast to a slender waist, and a visibly shrinked chest piece and helmet (see direct comparison)
  • oversized shoulder pieces in the medium set (unlike their decent size in this cool drawing)

I am super sad, because now I don't know what to do with all the items of a 99.9% finished Heavy Obsidian Armor collection (I was merely after the skin, as it looked in the concept art).

What a waste of gold and material resources (and time).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Ashantara.8731 said:

Sadly, the Light Set is the only one that looks like its original concept (see Concept Art).

The realization of the Medium and Heavy Set is plain awful. All the elements look clunky, and on top of that, the proportions are totally off.  Examples:

• superfat hips and legs in the heavy set, and in stark contrast a slender waist
  • oversized shoulder pieces in the medium set (unlike their decent size in this cool drawing)

I am super sad, because now I don't know what to do with all the items of a 99.9% finished Obsidian Armor collection.

Make all 18 pieces anyway and get the new title "Wow. That's quality armor." :D

(yes, that is a new title ingame 😂)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Make all 18 pieces anyway and get the new title "Wow. That's quality armor." :D

I only collected for the heavy set, because I liked its concept art image. So, one way or the other, no comfort in it for me 😉 (though the title is indeed hilarious
😄).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/27/2024 at 2:32 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

"Buy it" you mean, right? Because that seems to be the only requirement left. A requirement that was deliberately kept quiet about.

Buy it? No, the relic of Nourys has to be gained from completing tier 2 of the convergence achievement - you have to earn it by successfully completing ten convergences - sorry, but are you confusing it with a different relic?

On 2/27/2024 at 12:27 PM, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Make all 18 pieces anyway and get the new title "Wow. That's quality armor." 😄

I didn't even know this until now, thanks for letting me know! Time to swap 26 titles out.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:12 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

How is "precedent" or "lottery" relevant to what I said? I didn't "predict" anything, I just read what we were told.

And what we were told? What did they say to suggest to you that legendary relic effects would be differently unlocked than for previous ones? Was it this:

Legendary relics will be introduced to Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure during one of the quarterly releases in 2024. These prestigious relics will offer the convenience of freely swapping between the various relic effects. Players who have already crafted legendary runes will be compensated with significant progress toward unlocking legendary relics. In fact, each of the seven legendary runes you create will unlock further progress toward these relics. We’ll be able to share more details when we are closer to the launch of legendary relics next year.

this

The relic will need to be unlocked separately because relics will have new abilities beyond those covered by runes previously, and the legendary relic will be capable of expanding with new relic releases.

or this

Hey all, I want to give you a quick response on this since it's of interest to so many of you! We're working on some more in-depth information to share with you, but in the meantime I can let you know that we are aware of your concerns that the Relics mechanic devalues Legendary Runes. We want to make sure we address those concerns, and we're finalizing a plan to compensate those of you who spent time and energy acquiring those Legendary Runes.

Or was it some other statement i have missed (and, if so, which one)?

I mean, it would have been understandable from those initial mentions that Legendary Relic itself would be locked behind SotO (that's exactly what a lot of players did assume then, even if Anet was unwilling at that time to clarify the issue). I don't see however even a single sentence that would suggest that the relic selection from legendary relic would be expansion limited. That came only after they revealed it will not have full legendary capability, which was very recently.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And what we were told? What did they say to suggest to you that legendary relic effects would be differently unlocked than for previous ones? Was it this:

this

or this

I mean, it would have been understandable from those initial mentions that Legendary Relic itself would be locked behind SotO (that's exactly what a lot of players did assume then, even if Anet was unwilling at that time to clarify the issue). I don't see however even a single sentence that would suggest that the relic selection from legendary relic would be expansion limited. That came only after they revealed it will not have full legendary capability, which was very recently.

Yes it was the last one saying we will give more info later and it came in this blogpost.

Now we’re happy to announce that when legendary relics become available, any player who has already crafted at least one legendary rune will be granted a legendary relic for free. In other words, you’ll get 100% of legendary relic progress as a bonus for having already crafted a rune. We had previously communicated that crafting all seven runes would yield additional progress, but as we evaluated options for compensation, it became clear that the best choice was to fully compensate anyone who had made any legendary runes prior to the legendary relic becoming available with a completed legendary relic.

Legendary relics will work a bit differently than other legendary equipment, in that players will need to unlock new relic effects for future expansions in order to make use of them with their legendary relic. All other legendary equipment components like runes, armor, and weapons are automatically updated with new attribute combination choices as those combinations become available.

However, from a rewards, economy, and experience-design standpoint, we think it makes sense to ask players to actually engage with new content in order to make use of its new combat offerings. So, for relics only—and starting with the fifth expansion—new relic effects will need to be unlocked within each expansion in order to be accessible via legendary relics.

31 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes it was the last one saying we will give more info later and it came in this blogpost.

Now we’re happy to announce that when legendary relics become available, any player who has already crafted at least one legendary rune will be granted a legendary relic for free. In other words, you’ll get 100% of legendary relic progress as a bonus for having already crafted a rune. We had previously communicated that crafting all seven runes would yield additional progress, but as we evaluated options for compensation, it became clear that the best choice was to fully compensate anyone who had made any legendary runes prior to the legendary relic becoming available with a completed legendary relic.

Legendary relics will work a bit differently than other legendary equipment, in that players will need to unlock new relic effects for future expansions in order to make use of them with their legendary relic. All other legendary equipment components like runes, armor, and weapons are automatically updated with new attribute combination choices as those combinations become available.

However, from a rewards, economy, and experience-design standpoint, we think it makes sense to ask players to actually engage with new content in order to make use of its new combat offerings. So, for relics only—and starting with the fifth expansion—new relic effects will need to be unlocked within each expansion in order to be accessible via legendary relics.

So, the one that expressly said that the additional requirements for options unlock will start from 5th expansion?

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

this

or this

First of all, I want to make sure you've read this comment chain at least from my first post here:

Just to be clear what we're commenting on, since from my understanding that post already addresses the question you're asking me now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

What interest me the most is how the progression from Tier1 to 2 will be.

Will the 2nd Tier be a completely new grind or just an upgrade of T1?

Will T2 have cool moving parts?

Hope some info is on the Horizon soonish.

magic infused in combat sound like an aura more then moving armor parts.

11 hours ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

Buy it? No, the relic of Nourys has to be gained from completing tier 2 of the convergence achievement - you have to earn it by successfully completing ten convergences - sorry, but are you confusing it with a different relic?

All i'd have to do is buy SotO, and behold, everything automatically unlocked for the legendary relic. No gameplay needed whatsoever.