Recharging Teleport to Friend Buff?

1 hour ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

for what in the world you need alt accounts o.O in a horizontal exploration game? if gw2 is anything, then the game where you don't need multiply characters or alts.. i have 1 char since 10 years lol. never though about even makeing a new one.

Brah. Alt accounts are one of the best ways to generate long term income for low upfront costs (did you see that HoT+PoF sale?)

ATM, from my 9 alt accounts alone, I am looking at my personal guild bank where I have 540 Mystic Coins, 810g, and between 93 and 124 on each stack of T6 crafting mats. And I didn't even optimize this reset...

I may actually start getting the Ascended Armor and Weapon boxes for each of them at this point...

I think this is a very nice QoL change. I've bought a couple of Teleport to Friends for friends who play with us a bit but irregularly so they quite often don't have the waypoints or even maps for where we are playing. It's brilliant for less experienced players to be able to keep up and far more practical on a 10 min cooldown than an hour.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Just a heads up in case you're waiting for the update and not for another reason--the cooldown was changed to 10 minutes as of today--you don't have to wait for the March 19 build for it to be active!

Ok sweet, I just bought it :classic_happy: Thanks Rubi 🙂

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Brah. Alt accounts are one of the best ways to generate long term income for low upfront costs (did you see that HoT+PoF sale?)

ATM, from my 9 alt accounts alone, I am looking at my personal guild bank where I have 540 Mystic Coins, 810g, and between 93 and 124 on each stack of T6 crafting mats. And I didn't even optimize this reset...

I may actually start getting the Ascended Armor and Weapon boxes for each of them at this point...

guess i am the only person playing gw2, without carrying for gold 😹. aka playing for FUN

I just do fun stuff, events, exploration, role-play, screenshots and have fun. no need to "progress optimize the gold"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

guess i am the only person playing gw2, without carrying for gold 😹. aka playing for FUN

I just do fun stuff, events, exploration, role-play, screenshots and have fun. no need to "progress optimize the gold"

If you don't think I'm playing for fun then you need to take a step back and reevaluate.

On 2/27/2024 at 1:00 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Just a heads up in case you're waiting for the update and not for another reason--the cooldown was changed to 10 minutes as of today--you don't have to wait for the March 19 build for it to be active!

so, mine is still a 1 hour cool down, anyone elses?

• ArenaNet Staff
1 minute ago, Honeybee.8039 said:

so, mine is still a 1 hour cool down, anyone elses?

There is a known bug with the tooltip, where it still reads one hour. But that is just an issue with the tooltip. The functionality of the actual item should be 10 minutes. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

I play for fun, too. I just have fun in different ways than you.

I must look fashionable for my events, exploration, screenshots, and more fun. 😍 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 1:00 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Nice

Nice

Nice

Nice

Joining friends in instances for content or map completion STONKS

On 2/27/2024 at 7:00 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

What about the primary problem with that cooldown? Yes, 1 hour wasn't exactly good, but the main issue always was that it was not counting while offline/at character selection screen. Will this get addressed as well?

• Confused 3

Cooldown change is amazing... but now that I can use it every ten minutes it REALLY highlights the limitations of it choosing 4 random people out of the squad.

Can it be changed to be a searchable list of everyone in the squad?  I really want to be able to pick my friend out of the list without them having to leave meta squad, etc.

Either way, a welcome change!

*Edit* - or at least not show offline members?  Wife tried to teleport to me, but it chose four offline members:

https://i.postimg.cc/fRsk8rtX/image.png

Edited by PixelHero.5849
  • Like 1