Next: Utility Skill 2nd Professions

hey guys, loving the new stuff...we appreciate you.

One of the biggest things people want is second professions and being this isn't the traditional campaign/expansion i thought it would be perfect to bring over skills for second professions like guild wars one did.  I still would love to have a pet (ranger) on each character with some skills etc. for damage, cc, support, etc. or maybe second profession theif with some stealth skills for example.

It would be easier for you bring stuff already made over and you could start slow with maybe 5 utilities to pick from that would be more limiting but would suggest also adding atleast one new healing skills and one New Elite skill from Guild wars 1 over for some new stuff.  (example: Spiteful Spirit for Necro everyone loved or Searing Flames for Elementalist....everyone can put below which Elite skill they would love for there profession.  Anyway this isn't written in stone and would love feedback from everyone below but i know this would be loved and would be alot of people and flavor back to the game.  

Of course adding some random weapons and skills from gw1 as time goes would be epic as their were so many fun ones like "you move like a dwarf" for example...powerful.

Thanks guys,  ❤️

Tom

• Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

I'd say the last thing we need are Herald/Mechanists running around with a Mech generating Might, Quick, Alac, Prot, Fury, Regen and whatever else.

On top of it being a balancing nightmare - there's kind of a reason why the most broken builds seem perfectly fine compared to GW1's builds - GW2 not being built around the Primary/Secondary profession idea limits where it would even help instead of being useless.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not so much bringing over the literal skills/fuctions of other classes like a subjob but I'd rather eventually every class had access to more utility types which was what elite specs were doing before they stopped making them. Even if it wasn't a full bar of 5 at once.

Should probably start with fleshing out a class's current types though such as Thief getting an Elite Signet and Trap (lets make preparations traps again).

On 3/1/2024 at 8:35 PM, Risensoul Shockwave.1564 said:

One of the biggest things people want is second professions

Do they? I don't think so.

The idea of having 2nd professions in GW2 was there for a few years after release and only from a part of those who also played GW1.

I think the 2nd profession was more used as an argument when comparing GW1 with GW2 than it was actually wanted in GW2 by players.

Getting new interpretations of GW1 skills in GW2 would be cool, but having a good and working skill is much more important for me.

Look at Untamed, the elite spec was designed afte a famous GW1 build, but it performed badly in GW2. It needed multiple changes to make it a good working elite spec.
And even nowadays Untamed has some leftovers of the first quick and dirty fix attempts such as the always active trait that increases your dmg by 25% when unleashed.

9 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I think not bringing secondary professions over from GW1 was a big miss but I also think it is WAY TOO LATE to change it. It would be game breaking at this point.

Technically we already have some secondary professions as elite specs.

Specter -> you get a shroud, you get wells, you apply torment and bleeding. That's Necro, just with a shadow style.

Dragonhunter -> you set traps, you hunt down enemies with a longbow. That's Ranger, just without the pet.

Harbinger -> you throw elixers and shoot corrosive/poisoned bullets with your pistol. That's Engineer aspects.

They all use aspects of an other class, they just use the style of ther own class. Make Specter skills green, rename shadow force to life force and it's a Necro espec.

• Like 3