How would you cross between Heitor's Territory and Nyedra Surrounds?

If you don't have a flying mount or rely upon a friend to use TP to friend or a Mesmer/Thief Port, how exactly would someone cross between Heitor's Territory and Nyedra Sound?

There doesn't appear to be any holes or paths through the rock walls that forms the eastern edge of Nyedra Surround.

What intrigues me is the fact that behind Heitor's Gate is a weird Kryptis device called a Nebular Fount. If you trace a line from it across the Wailing Chasm point of interest, you end up at a pile of rubble. If you fly up and over and to the opposite side of this rubble , there s a corridor that leads down to the Forward Bivouac Waypoint.

So was there an event that was canned that was supposed to blow the rubble apart using the Nebular Fount following the defeat of Ignaxious?

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Thanks 1

Similar how it took 3 months for anet to add inner nyos portal to wizard, you will have to wait til next update for them to clear the rubble  next to the bridge in the wailing gap poi. This to me looks where the zone should be connected.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Andy.5981 said:

If you don't have a flying mount

Isn’t this purely hypothetical, though, since SotO gives you access to skyscale in all the expansion maps even if you don’t have it unlocked?

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy trying to find unorthodox and unintended ways to navigate maps, but all these maps were built with flying mounts in mind because there’s no way to access them without having at least limited access to a flying mount. Giant wall notwithstanding, Nayos is much nicer to navigate without flight than Amnytas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i don't think they want it connected until they merge the meta events in the final iteration of the map. some players are hoping that they'll leave all the areas and meta events separate, but you can tell the entire map was designed around having one long event chain from east to west.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manpag.6421 said:

Isn’t this purely hypothetical, though, since SotO gives you access to skyscale in all the expansion maps even if you don’t have it unlocked?

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy trying to find unorthodox and unintended ways to navigate maps, but all these maps were built with flying mounts in mind because there’s no way to access them without having at least limited access to a flying mount. Giant wall notwithstanding, Nayos is much nicer to navigate without flight than Amnytas.

I'd forgotten that they gave it to new players, however thank you for reminding me and yes I would agree Nayos is a bit easier, Amnytas is a pita.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i don't think they want it connected until they merge the meta events in the final iteration of the map. some players are hoping that they'll leave all the areas and meta events separate, but you can tell the entire map was designed around having one long event chain from east to west.

I hope to god they don't link them all up. It would be like Dragons end all over again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Manpag.6421 said:

Agreed, it'd be like trying to get around HoT maps without gliding.

I've been thinking about this because I have a no-deaths challenge character where (among other rules) I'm not allowed to use waypoints, mounts or gliding (or teleport to friend) to get around. At the moment she's only in core maps because I haven't managed to get to level 80 without dying (I got very close, then accidentally broke the rules I'd set myself and had to restart) so I haven't had to worry about expansion maps but switching between her and my other characters gets me thinking about it and I've preemptively decided she'll be allowed to use gliding, mounts etc. once she gets to the points where those things would be unlocked, because after that the game is designed to require them. It would be like trying to get around the core game without jumping.

• Like 1