Next weapon for Revenant

Tobias.4975

On 5/8/2024 at 4:18 PM, Yasai.3549 said:

Yea forgot Mesmer GS, maybe cos all their weapons are functionally sound and actually not bad at all. 

Rev's are just clunk beyond clunk 

I think there's also a degree to which there are more weapons that you'd naturally expect to be melee than ranged. So when a normally ranged weapon becomes melee, that's cool. When the reverse happens, that's shrinking an already small pool of ranged possibilities.

Again, my choice would be to not waste time in new weapons, but IF has to be, I would be happier with a off hand focus; two mele cc skills with no damage, maybe one of them with mobility or the parry we lost from the sword.

• 4 weeks later...

I like to be honest they do 2 things at once with this spear.

1) Everyone finally can use their spear on land now too

2) New abilties for each class when you use spear on land, so we can see it as a new totally new weapon 🙂

Posted (edited)

Curious as to what niche spear's gonna fit in to with the class. Will it be melee and compete with swords/GS for power, or mace/axe (or m/s for pvp) for condi, and you just choose the most powerful one in any given patch? Like, we saw what happened to swords with the release of GS, is that gonna happen again?
Will it compete with the ranged weapons and have the same issue?

e: I'll also say, I was kinda hoping Trident's legend-based effects would make it to land. It's a really cool part of the weapon. It's not a very good overall kit imo but that part of it is neato.

Edited by Shagie.7612

Just now, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

It could also be a ranged throwing spear and be a 600-900 range power weapon.... that's kind of a niche that's still available. Was thinking it could be a faster sustain damage against hammers slow burst... but they sped up hammer recently, so who knows.

900 range rather then

9 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

The announcement put everyone in agreement that it will be the lance for everyone if I've understood correctly.

Some classes get throwing spears though. 

I just hope Revenant gets a mid ranged one. If we get another melee range weapon I'm going to lose it. We have a whole arsenal of melee weapons already. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Some classes get throwing spears though. 

I just hope Revenant gets a mid ranged one. If we get another melee range weapon I'm going to lose it. We have a whole arsenal of melee weapons already. 

We need an alternate condition based melee weapon most of our melee weapon arsenal is physical damage.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

We need an alternate condition based melee weapon most of our melee weapon arsenal is physical damage.

Need all our MH and OH polished too. 

Most of our MH and OH are just functionally clunky or cannot match the current pace of combat.

Shield Root, Sword slow animations, broken Sword 3, slow Mace animations, Axe 4 disappearing into the terrain, Scepter being Scepter.

Revenants are one of the few classes with terrible number of weapon options total. Engi and Ele aside with their severely limited arsenal due to their class design, Thief and Revenant have very few weapons compared to the others due to lacking mainhand/offhand options. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

I'm hoping for land spear to be a condi weapon. We have too many power weapons allready.

On the other hand; Vindicator + spear. FFXIV Dragoons have come to gw2!

Edited by Tora.7214
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tora.7214 said:

I'm hoping for land spear to be a condi weapon. We have too many power weapons allready.

On the other hand; Vindicator + spear. FFXIV Dragoons have come to gw2!

Or a well made that changes on stances. But not like trident, that it becomes like adding different conditions depending which stance, each unique.

• Like 1

Condi melee would fill a gap in our arsenal, so realistically that's my bet.

Looking at the Straight to the Point post, though, the one that caught my eye was "a set of spear skills that features a reimagining of a mechanic seen in the original Guild Wars." In keeping with our habit of weird applications of weapons, maybe using the spear to direct ritualist-style spirits?

if it's melee condi and it does 90% torment with poor cover conditions i'm gonna lose it
i just wanna mallyx/kalla man

rev hasn't had a good condi build in ages and when it is, it's herald having infinity sustain and winning without interacting

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

if it's melee condi and it does 90% torment with poor cover conditions i'm gonna lose it
i just wanna mallyx/kalla man

rev hasn't had a good condi build in ages and when it is, it's herald having infinity sustain and winning without interacting

I blame Traitline/Legend inflexibility, and I always have. 

I think it's a massive, massive design issue that Revenants are shackling themselves between Weapons - Legends - Traitlines for their builds. 

Let's take a look at Devastation for starters:

- It's a traitline that supports and rewards Vuln stack application 

- It doesn't generate Vuln stacks on its own beyond the initial Expose Defenses 🤣

So you are basically forced to use Sword or GS to upkeep those Vuln stacks, or use Shiro to somehow apply Vuln via Song of the Mist or pressing Jade Winds (Lol. Lmao even) Special mention: Arch Vindi also applies Vuln stacks, but they're on his Heal Skill and Death Drop. Idk how you wanna slice that. 

Then let's look at Corruption:

- Traitline that supports Condition application

- Actually doesn't apply alot of Conditions on its own 

- Between Diabolic and Invoke Torment, THERE IS 0 NON-CONDITIONAL CONDI APPLICATION ON ENEMIES AT ALL 

- But sir, we have Abyssal Chill! 

- Only 5 sources of Chill from Revenant weapons, and 4 of them belong on Strike focused weapons 🤪

- But sir, we have Mallyx! He has Chill right?

- CTA with 0 Condi application on its own and Banished Enchantment with no Condi application on its own.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS UP.

I'M SO SICK OF REVENANT'S "FAKE SYNERGY" BETWEEN TRAITS-WEAPONS-LEGENDS. THIS IS NOT SYNERGY, THESE ARE CHAINS.

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 5

They will copy paste our underwater trident in the land spear and call it a day....  And would propably be stronger than whatever they end giving us (some other copy paste from other worse skills from other professions).