Wall Runners AFK

This was  an isolated situation, sometimes you would see 1 or 2 characters running against the walls, but it seems that the practice is becoming more common as there is no action, no change or punishment.

Today I was able to find 27 players running against the wall in EBG.

I think Arenanet should do something about this because it is not possible to see maps with queues of up to 50 players and 30 who are inside, running against the walls for hours.

Report making but nothing happens. 👎

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

See, this is why I don’t understand people negativity toward the ultimate solution to everything wrong in GW2.

This is another thing that friendly fire would solve.

lol, Dawdler not sure if you multi-game. If you do have you looked into Helldivers 2?

Expanding: As I ask since as a push to talk player and I club a guildmate by accident while I push to talk since the push to talk button is the same as melee and their response is to cook off a grenade as I try and hug emote to them....it can be quite a laugh.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Expanding
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Krabathor Deus.5432 said:

This was  an isolated situation, sometimes you would see 1 or 2 characters running against the walls, but it seems that the practice is becoming more common as there is no action, no change or punishment.

I think Arenanet should do something about this because it is not possible to see maps with queues of up to 50 players and 30 who are inside, running against the walls for hours.

Just ban those for some months and suddenly nobody will run into a wall again, but it seems Anet can't find a single gamemaster in their ranks who has the 5 minutes per server to do this.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Krabathor Deus.5432 said:

The enemy is using alt accounts to reduce the number of players on your side? No wonder sometimes EBG is only max 25 players and there is map que... This is a job for WvW devs.. Find a solution. This problem is growing now...

• Like 2

This suddenly makes so much sense to me!! I was wondering about people running into walls for hours and thought the might have had a disconnect while running via "R"-button, but they should be logged out after a certain amount of seconds. But now that I think about it and they keep that account from getting logged out with that tactic. Please, arenanet, help us get realistic queues!

• Like 1

What they need to do is have a distance traveled algorithm for this. If by a certain time they cover ZERO distance they are removed from the bl/ebg and are banned from returning for at least 24 hours(They can play GW2, just not in WvW). 

Also found from the last match up that 1 player was playing his account on our side and his other on the the enemy's side. And he bragged about it while tag watching and such. That should be a 6 month ban of both accounts.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 6

Anet needs to step up with its rules enforcement. Even in  PvE, there's an epidemic of afk farming/botting and it is no suirprise this kitten flies in WvW too.

I do support temp map bans as a warning, and further more methods as needed.

You already can afk for quite a while even without abusing such an exploit, so there is no excuse.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Heibi.4251 said:

And he bragged about it while tag watching

Being with more than 1 account in wvw, at the same time, is actually against the TOS* and can have consequences, when reported (unlike wall running).

Record and report.

*Multi-boxing may ONLY be used in PvE areas. You are not permitted to run multiple accounts simultaneously in PvP*, WvW, activities, or in other competitive environments. (source)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Limikkin.5418 said:

This suddenly makes so much sense to me!! I was wondering about people running into walls for hours and thought the might have had a disconnect while running via "R"-button, but they should be logged out after a certain amount of seconds. But now that I think about it and they keep that account from getting logged out with that tactic. Please, arenanet, help us get realistic queues!

If you see repeat offenders, report them as bots to get them removed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anet would simply subject this behavior to the existing afk timer none of these more draconian suggestions would be needed . . .

EDIT: The friendly fire would be nice tho : )

Edited by Gop.8713
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2024 at 7:09 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, Dawdler not sure if you multi-game. If you do have you looked into Helldivers 2?

Expanding: As I ask since as a push to talk player and I club a guildmate by accident while I push to talk since the push to talk button is the same as melee and their response is to cook off a grenade as I try and hug emote to them....it can be quite a laugh.

You know what actually surprises me is the amount of deliberate friendly fire in HD2 is pretty low. I've had it happen to me just once, and I promptly blasted the guy back bagged him and left. It was quite obvious he was of the "doesn't play well with others and will throw a tantrum at the first sign of things getting difficult" type (maybe he plays GW2 PvP? 🤔). It's actually been a really fun experience, since I have accidentally killed and been killed plenty of times and no one is ever salty about it. Most times people will even straight up apologise immediately when it happens, even if it wasn't their fault someone had bad positioning.

To the issue at hand, I'm really not sure how best to solve the problem. Only I will add that the current time-out period for inactivity is more than generous enough for short breaks. I can make a drink, or even eat food while standing still in WvW and rarely ever get the "if you don't move or use a skill" dialogue before coming back to play. Anyone running against the wall can only be AFK for extended periods and I wish there was a way to remove them.

• Like 4

On 3/16/2024 at 4:11 PM, Heibi.4251 said:

What they need to do is have a distance traveled algorithm for this. If by a certain time they cover ZERO distance they are removed from the bl/ebg and are banned from returning for at least 24 hours(They can play GW2, just not in WvW). 

Also found from the last match up that 1 player was plying his account on our side and his other on the the enemy's side. And he bragged about it while tag watching and such. That should be a 6 month ban of both accounts.

Good idea but there is a workaround: siege. I could just build a treb, put a lead fishing weight on the "fire" key and walk away. I think a lot of players do this, especially if they are targeting SMC. I've seen trebs hit broken walls for hours (Mag is notorious for this).

Edited by Jaruselka.5943
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 7:46 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

See, this is why I don’t understand people negativity toward the ultimate solution to everything wrong in GW2.

This is another thing that friendly fire would solve.

Gimme friendly pull/push on Alpine's Hills or Desert's cliffs and I come back to WvW immediately! 😈

10 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

You know what actually surprises me is the amount of deliberate friendly fire in HD2 is pretty low. I've had it happen to me just once, and I promptly blasted the guy back bagged him and left. It was quite obvious he was of the "doesn't play well with others and will throw a tantrum at the first sign of things getting difficult" type (maybe he plays GW2 PvP? 🤔). It's actually been a really fun experience, since I have accidentally killed and been killed plenty of times and no one is ever salty about it. Most times people will even straight up apologise immediately when it happens, even if it wasn't their fault someone had bad positioning.

My guildmates, if you hearing them laughing for no reason it could be they are about to cook off a grenade and kill us all, which them makes us all laugh. Course playing a game last night had a guildmate jump infront of me right as I was hitting push to talk to say chargers to the right and left and I clubbed them down like a baby seal. DOH! Samples recovered though and another diver called in and me repeating, don't voice up around friends, don't voice around friends. 🙂 

• Haha 1

Ahhh yes, HD2!  I love that games "friendly fire is not friendly" policy 🤣.  Don't know how many times I have been killed by teammates, mortars, MG turrets, my own hand grenades (learned the hard way not to cook them off), or by having a buddy drop on me by accident(?). 

• Haha 1