The other Amnytas lantern

• Moved the Starlight Lantern from inside the Great Debate Hall to outside the Great Debate Hall.

Awesome! What about the other one (Cellar of Arcana?) that requires the "wards" event to be done? Please adjust it so there are no event-dependent placements left.

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

I don't have too many issues with that one, but given the amount of 'do Event for Achievement/Mastery' going on in SoTo it would be nice if all the lanterns were of the simple map exploration type. 

Edited by illuminati.8453
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

At least that one just requires a bit of a wait, but is doable solo.  .Lyhr is a mini-meta though and doesn't appear at a set time, and was going to become more and more of a problem as time went on.

But when you look at the lantern that is still behind the Dragon's End meta event or the two in the Arborstone meta, or even the one in the Seitung Province meta, I'm not sure they want to make them fully soloable.  The policy seems to be it's okay to put them behind major timed events that the community can rally behind, or behind frequent normal events.  But when it's behind a seeming random spawn of a forced-group event that a solo person can't start and nobody is coming... that leads to problems.

Edited by PixelHero.5849
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PixelHero.5849 said:

At least that one just requires a bit of a wait, but is doable solo.  .Lyhr is a mini-meta though and doesn't appear at a set time, and was going to become more and more of a problem as time went on.

But when you look at the lantern that is still behind the Dragon's End meta event or the two in the Arborstone meta, or even the one in the Seitung Province meta, I'm not sure they want to make them fully soloable.  The policy seems to be it's okay to put them behind major timed events that the community can rally behind, or behind frequent normal events.  But when it's behind a seeming random spawn of a forced-group event that a solo person can't start and nobody is coming... that leads to problems.

I do get it to an extent...but as someone going for multiple sets of legendary armor, they made us repeat map completion for every single piece and I try to mindlessly do the run, not stop and wait/hope/relocate/organize/etc. like I do with that singular lantern (now that the other is formally fixed).

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Osujin.4280 said:

I do get it to an extent...but as someone going for multiple sets of legendary armor, they made us repeat map completion for every single piece and I try to mindlessly do the run, not stop and wait/hope/relocate/organize/etc. like I do with that singular lantern (now that the other is formally fixed).

Why not group up with friend or some random.

Ask can you stay here while I port characters over.

Then relog use single use or recharging teleport to friend and get how ever many characters you got over to that singular lantern then do other lanterns on each character while waiting for 10 minute cd to tick down and do the same thing for the next hard one?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

You can actually get both POIs involving Isgarren's vault without the event. On the opposite side of the entrance there is a door way you can get into to activate the first. The second requires being fast with a griffon or some other mount speed to fly in through the west entrance of the POI. If you move fast enough you can get to the room with the POI before it kicks you out.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

You can actually get both POIs involving Isgarren's vault without the event. On the opposite side of the entrance there is a door way you can get into to activate the first. The second requires being fast with a griffon or some other mount speed to fly in through the west entrance of the POI. If you move fast enough you can get to the room with the POI before it kicks you out.

I'd rather map completion guides did not have to include such shenanigans 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/20/2024 at 12:01 AM, Linken.6345 said:

Why not group up with friend or some random.

Ask can you stay here while I port characters over.

Then relog use single use or recharging teleport to friend and get how ever many characters you got over to that singular lantern then do other lanterns on each character while waiting for 10 minute cd to tick down and do the same thing for the next hard one?

You can't do the same lantern on more than one character as lighting the lanterns, like all achievements, is account wide and not character specific. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

You can't do the same lantern on more than one character as lighting the lanterns, like all achievements, is account wide and not character specific. 

Right I see thought it was character specific just like map completion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Literally camping the spot and unable to get in because of the other events preventing access; POIs aren't an issue, it's the lantern that requires a set amount of interaction time to count.

Edited by Osujin.4280
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Osujin.4280 said:

Literally camping the spot and unable to get in because of the other events preventing access; POIs aren't an issue, it's the lantern that requires a set amount of interaction time to count.

It's been making me glad of my many alts.  Lanterns take some time to light, a poi is yours just for moving close enough.  Plus, as I don't have BlishHUD, pois are easier to find because they show up on my map for a first completion.  So my 18 completions are being done with fresh mappers each time.  As a bonus this alleviates the repetition because I have different skills and weapons to use on the various events I join while mapping.

I do hope they move that lantern out like they did for the Great Hall, though.  Not everyone has enough level 80 alts to make the armor without dealing with the inaccessible lanterns.

• Like 4

On 3/19/2024 at 11:56 AM, Osujin.4280 said:

Awesome! What about the other one (Cellar of Arcana?) that requires the "wards" event to be done? Please adjust it so there are no event-dependent placements left.

That event can easily be done solo and in about 2 minutes tops. I would instead ask that that particular event be more consistent and clear about how to get it to start.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 11:55 AM, Osujin.4280 said:

Interacting with a lantern doesn't dismount you and you can move away while it charges up the lantern to still qualify. Just don't use any specific skills that interrupt interacting.

20 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Interacting with a lantern doesn't dismount you and you can move away while it charges up the lantern to still qualify. Just don't use any specific skills that interrupt interacting.

The problem here is that while you can get the poi by bum rushing it, if the event hasn't opened the area you are teleported out in under 2 seconds.  Sometimes you're tossed before you even ping the poi so you have to charge in a few times to get it.  There is simply not enough time for the full channel process to get the lantern lit, mounted or not.

• Like 3

On 3/28/2024 at 5:23 AM, Zera.9435 said:

That event can easily be done solo and in about 2 minutes tops. I would instead ask that that particular event be more consistent and clear about how to get it to start.

How do you get it to start? The characters just stand around talking, and there's no orange circle of "talk to me to get an event started"

• Confused 1

On 4/17/2024 at 8:05 PM, Donari.5237 said:

The problem here is that while you can get the poi by bum rushing it, if the event hasn't opened the area you are teleported out in under 2 seconds.  Sometimes you're tossed before you even ping the poi so you have to charge in a few times to get it.  There is simply not enough time for the full channel process to get the lantern lit, mounted or not.

Oh the one inside the vaults.

19 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

How do you get it to start? The characters just stand around talking, and there's no orange circle of "talk to me to get an event started"

That's what I'm not sure about. I have no idea how to actually get it to start. I ended up just waiting around for like half an hour. At the time I was working on it (months ago), the wiki had no info about how it starts. I haven't checked since. It's possible more info has been added, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The lantern in Cellar of Arcana sometimes can be obtained if you use skyscale or jackal fast enough to get to it and activate it. Once you have activated it, even if the magic of isgarren teleports you outside, just stand for a few seconds and wait for the notification to appear and the lantern will be counted. It is very annoying tho that you have to do it that way. They should never put lanterns or map completion stuff behind event chains.

• Like 1