Return to LWS2 - Many Achievements (Runaround, Vinewrath, Hidden Depths) Not Giving Credit

I love how once something's fixed, we're expected to get over ourselves and repeat the difficult content, whilst others only have to do it once - as it was originally intended. I love how there's no compensation for those who already did the content and didn't get credit for it - and by compensation all I would have expected is to receive credit for the achievements I should have received credit for.

If Anet expects me to repeat content to get the achievements I already should have received credit for, then they're going to start losing a lot of player's interests. I don't expect special treatment or any extras, all I expect is to get credit for content I should have received credit for.

I won't be repeating the achievements because someone messed up. Anet will learn that players will just not do content if they don't get their credit. Simple as that. No hate, just speaking the truth.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

I won't be repeating the achievements because someone messed up. Anet will learn that players will just not do content if they don't get their credit. Simple as that. No hate, just speaking the truth.

No one will argue with you about that. I guess it is simply not possible for them to track who did these things during the event and who not so they either have to give it to people who not even did this or they give it to no one and you have to repeat it. But in the end you are not really losing anything whether you do these things again or not.

Thanks to @Spectral Spiral.6109 and the team for adressing and fixing these issues!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I finished the Season 2 meta without doing that Jumping Puzzle, nor any of the Story Missions.  You can TP2F for the other JP.

Or you fly there with the skyscale yourself, if you have it.

• Confused 1

Thx for fixing the bugs before the event is over 😉

Except for the silverwaste jp I did the others and all worked now.

edit: ofc the pact fleet skins cannot just be dragged outside of the inventory to get rid of them 😑

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Sad 1

so this aint the official thread i guess- even though this is the only one i see about any cheeve being broken and no official update about it getting fixed? i'm sure its somewhere but finding it easily. not really. just gotta hope that update of the patcher means they changed/ fixed something

edit:

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

so this aint the official thread i guess- even though this is the only one i see about any cheeve being broken and no official update about it getting fixed? i'm sure its somewhere but finding it easily. not really. just gotta hope that update of the patcher means they changed/ fixed something

edit:

It says it at the bottom

• Fixed an issue that prevented the following achievements from completing when the player accomplished their objectives:
  • Reconquer the Crash Site Climb (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Hidden Depths (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Retrospective Runaround (Weekly)
  • Revenge of the Vinewrath (Weekly)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

edit:

Maybe scroll down to the last post made in that thread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

edit:

You can always periodically check the 'Dev Tracker' for official posts/messages. 

19 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

If Anet expects me to repeat content to get the achievements I already should have received credit for, then they're going to start losing a lot of player's interests. I don't expect special treatment or any extras, all I expect is to get credit for content I should have received credit for.

You kind of are demanding special treatment just because you found a pair of easily cheesable jp achievements 'hard' and refuse to run them again for the rewards. Both can be completed in a matter of minutes by teleporting to friends or using mounts. I've even seen tags running people through the Silverwastes jp checkpoints the old fashioned way for completion. It's genuinely not that hard, and the rewards are well worth the inconvenience of running the jps a second time because of some technical difficulties.

But hey, you stick it to Anet and miss out on that bag of mystic coins. That'll show 'em.

On another note, chiming in to say that all my broken achievements are working. Thanks for the quick fix, devs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It says it at the bottom

• Fixed an issue that prevented the following achievements from completing when the player accomplished their objectives:
  • Reconquer the Crash Site Climb (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Hidden Depths (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Retrospective Runaround (Weekly)
  • Revenge of the Vinewrath (Weekly)

yea that's why i posted the edit. ??? I meant originally nothing was posted in this thread where everyone was talking about it.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can always periodically check the 'Dev Tracker' for official posts/messages. 

As for "dev tracker" ahhh yeah had no idea what that was. i just went back to the main page and looked again for where they may have posted the info. Someone above my comment posted the update but no link to it officially and on a 2nd time around i just looked at game up date notes "scrolled down" and there it was so i made an edit to my originally comment because you can't delete them (that i'm aware of) hence updating my own message with my answer that i was looking for originally. 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019

8 hours ago, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Maybe scroll down to the last post made in that thread.

i see you guys don't understand what i said. i posted the edit to show i found the answer (and linked it for others just in case).

I wasn't saying the info wasn't there, that's how pages work you scroll down them. ???

In my first comment I meant in this specific thread there was no update. I usually have a hard time finding things on this forum as their search in the past wasn't always great, but also usually they update threads with info, not this time. Again my "edit" showed a correction about that information - that i was looking for, not an example of what was wrong, (because it wasn't).

That's what edits usually mean. Someone posts a first comment then instead of deleting that original (and so others can follow along in the conversation) you post an edit to your original comment which sometimes is an addition or correction to the original comment. In this case it was a correction.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

You kind of are demanding special treatment just because you found a pair of easily cheesable jp achievements 'hard' and refuse to run them again for the rewards. Both can be completed in a matter of minutes by teleporting to friends or using mounts. I've even seen tags running people through the Silverwastes jp checkpoints the old fashioned way for completion. It's genuinely not that hard, and the rewards are well worth the inconvenience of running the jps a second time because of some technical difficulties.

But hey, you stick it to Anet and miss out on that bag of mystic coins. That'll show 'em.

On another note, chiming in to say that all my broken achievements are working. Thanks for the quick fix, devs!

As a devils advocate maybe they didn't know any of the cheat modes and actually ran it the original way. (which i can easily see happening) not everyone has friends that play this game but they probs weren't new to the game since they did it before originally - so yea tags- good point.

The reality is though almost always they won't give credit because they have no way of knowing if you did it or not because their tracking method was broken. Now if they had another way to track your progress and it wasn't a massive time sink to code it to give everyone credit then yeah - i would think they woulda done it, but since they didn't well you know...

Now i'm not a coder and don't know how easy it would be with their engine/database/ spaghetti code/ whatever... but i imagine its a cost/capability kind of thing as to why people weren't given retroactive credit. again this is nothing new with anet, so you shouldn't be shocked, but annoyed i understand fully!!!

to the person who is confused on my other comment above and new people to this comment 😄 yea, i'm confused about how people are confused, about what an edit post with the right information - what that means?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

i see you guys don't understand what i said. i posted the edit to show i found the answer (and linked it for others just in case).

I wasn't saying the info wasn't there, that's how pages work you scroll down them. ???

In my first comment I meant in this specific thread there was no update. I usually have a hard time finding things on this forum as their search in the past wasn't always great, but also usually they update threads with info, not this time. Again my "edit" showed a correction about that information - that i was looking for, not an example of what was wrong, (because it wasn't).

That's what edits usually mean. Someone posts a first comment then instead of deleting that original (and so others can follow along in the conversation) you post an edit to your original comment which sometimes is an addition or correction to the original comment. In this case it was a correction.

It wasn’t clear your edit was a correction, just that you added a link to reinforce your post

When you make a correction like that, it can be clearer to strike through the text or write you made an error alongside the link. Then there’s no confusion

You can find the strike through option in your formatting next to bold/italic/underline

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

All we can see is that you made an edit. It doesn't show the original version of your post, and you didn't clear up the confusion by crossing out/deleting the part of your post that required the edit or by saying what you added the link for. That's why we commented.